CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

JAMSTER;274068 said:
Not as quick as Con in my humble opinion. Agree with you about Schleiger.He had some very grumpy days when he was quick, but I also George Goro take him apart one day when he was bowling quite quick.Colm Kinsella at Mackie can be quite sharp and Bottsy when he was at M/West had his moments.The three who could comment on the matting versus the current stuff (still playing that is) would be the Manakis brothers and the evergreen Kim Pitt. Thinking back we must have been insane, and no helmets....

get your hand off it!

old grumpy prick!

Sugar;274088 said:
It sounds like everyone's romance with fast bowlers of the past is a little bit unfair on the bowlers of the past 10 years.

There is no question that the names mentioned from the 80's & 90's were quick bowlers, but if they permanently had 2-piece balls and matting at their disposal, then no wonder their reputations are strong.

Keith Schleiger took 50 wickets in a season 2 years in a row with a 4-piece on synthetic - I can only imagine what he could have with a 2-piece on matting.

Maybe we'll sneak him into our Woolnough team this weekend to find out? :p

knob!

cheats!

Marto;274114 said:
ANA hater, it wasn't Burger or Bruder that outed you Jules.

It was another one of your 2 blue boys. I had conversation with him about bigcricket/bigfooty and all the alias stuff that was going on. He seemed to have a big of knowledge about it all. I quickly slipped in the question of who ANA hater is and he let it out straight away. 7-8 hours of drinking on a Sunday arvo was the perfect preparation to get it out of him.

who's jules anyway?!

There sure is a lot of argument and negative tension going on at the moment.
Let's take it back a little and focus on the cricket and more importantly how the Sharks are on the rise. As Thin Lizzy said, THE BOYS ARE BAK IN TOWN!

Any other news/gossip going on in the CMCA at the moment? Besides all the crap about who's who on this bigcricket site. I want some gossip. Or feel free to feed my ego and tell us all your stories about the pest performance you've witnessed by a Shark. Whether it's Liam smacking up runs last year, Heywood running amok in his few CMCA appearances, Briggsy dominating with ball and bat or just something special from Big Delutis. Share them all, i'm sure you have plenty!

VictoryFromTheVelodrome;274135 said:
Let's take it back a little and focus on the cricket and more importantly how the Sharks are on the rise. As Thin Lizzy said, THE BOYS ARE BAK IN TOWN!

Any other news/gossip going on in the CMCA at the moment? Besides all the crap about who's who on this bigcricket site. I want some gossip. Or feel free to feed my ego and tell us all your stories about the pest performance you've witnessed by a Shark. Whether it's Liam smacking up runs last year, Heywood running amok in his few CMCA appearances, Briggsy dominating with ball and bat or just something special from Big Delutis. Share them all, i'm sure you have plenty!

Come on JEWELLSY, all you do on this site is talk dribble and crap.
I can't think of 1 post you have done that was in anyway productive, it all seems to be full of crap, Shark Park this Shark Park that. clearly you sleep in tailor made PJ's with photos of your team mates on it.
Go away for a couple of days drink some Chicken Noodle soup & watch repeats of Monkey Magic and come back for a fresh start.

I think you'll find UM, that ESBC don't have much say in the watering of the ground, given the Auto Sprinklers are controlled by Bayside Council. Word has it the club has been advised that watering may start again soon, after originally being advised that the refurb of Beauy CG had taken up all of Council's water entitlement. Needless to say they may have had a re-think given the state of the majority of other grounds in the municipality (including yours) and the possibility of injuries to juniors etc.

Hey Marto, who's that bloke? What does he do?!?!?!

BrianFantana;274171 said:
I think you'll find UM, that ESBC don't have much say in the watering of the ground, given the Auto Sprinklers are controlled by Bayside Council. Word has it the club has been advised that watering may start again soon, after originally being advised that the refurb of Beauy CG had taken up all of Council's water entitlement. Needless to say they may have had a re-think given the state of the majority of other grounds in the municipality (including yours) and the possibility of injuries to juniors etc.

Duncan ST will be nice and green in no time..

Hey Marto, who's that bloke? What does he do?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, i dunno who he is but he baaaaaaaaaaaaats! (Insert hand/arm movements here.)

brett;274166 said:
Come on JEWELLSY, all you do on this site is talk dribble and crap.
I can't think of 1 post you have done that was in anyway productive, it all seems to be full of crap, Shark Park this Shark Park that. clearly you sleep in tailor made PJ's with photos of your team mates on it.
Go away for a couple of days drink some Chicken Noodle soup & watch repeats of Monkey Magic and come back for a fresh start.

Live a little Ernst. Yeah, i'm talking a bit of crap but i'm just trying to create a bit of interest and i'm genuinely excited about our prospects this year. Nothing wrong with pumping up our tyres and a bit of friendly banter with the opposition. Perhaps you could try this on YOUR forum and there will be a bit more interest.

Apologies, "Brian". I was of the belief that we used the tank next to the clubrooms to water the ground before the GF to get it up to scratch.

Burger;270749 said:
Sugar,
The new scribe I see..What happened to Mark "Homer Simpson" Misssen??
Is he busy doing Duff beer adds?

I am thinking of starting a book on how many times ANA grab the headlines, 1 week down for 1 heading.. I hardly think a score of 60 deserves such a spread, hope he doesn't make a ton.. will have to get the real estate adds to pull their 15 pages to fit it all in..;)
Suprised you didn't give your sponsors a plug?????

Odds for ANA headlines (under the new scribe)
1 week 'write your own ticket
2 weeks 100-1
3-4 weeks 10-1
5-6 weeks 8-1
6-7 weeks 5-1
8+ weeks 2.75

We are into week 3 of the Leader headlines, and ANA is already at two. The 'new scribe' was only responsible for week one. A bad day against East Sandy cost us a hat trick. Consolation prize was the (excited yet unflattering) photo of Andy Lee.

Why isn't it up on the CMCA website? Mordi-Chelsea local only has their grabage cricket scores. Kingston Saints.... spare me.

Sugar;274353 said:
We are into week 3 of the Leader headlines, and ANA is already at two. The 'new scribe' was only responsible for week one. A bad day against East Sandy cost us a hat trick. Consolation prize was the (excited yet unflattering) photo of Andy Lee.

Looks like the favourite might salute hey "Sug??? Ha,ha!!

let me guess ANA have old stock of the extra big Jim Beam cans so Mr Miss has found his way there most saturdays??

wow this forum has gone Ken Bruce in the last week or so... lets all work as a team "CMCA" to see if we can catch up to the most posts by seasons' end.. Surely Flahive' would be looking good for a dbl century at this early stage of his innings/ season.. thats not counting the aliases either...??? settle UM I was only joking precious...

Have a read through the Hampton Rovers forum - all the answers to the aliases lie there.

Uncle Mick;274123 said:
Julian Waisberg. He's a nobody that gobbed off a bit in the field last year, but went into his shell when the heat was on him with the bat in the finals. Seems to be able to dish out a bit, but not take it.....and then some by trying to get on here and create a stir without putting his name to his posts. One of his 'mates' had to dob him in after having a skinful. Weak as piss. But you expect that from Centrals. It sums the club up perfectly.

Easy big fella, don't go throwing stones until your own backyard is in order!

you are declaring him "weak as piss" for doing exactly what you have done yourself, ever heard the one about the pot & the kettle??

My backyard is fine, Nick. I've openly admitted to an alias which was used to generate an interest in this forum (albeit the wrong target, but fair to say mission accomplished) and have since put it to bed. Waisberg was quick to gob off while I was at the crease last year and went into his shell when it was his turn. Never saw him for a beer afterwards. And now he continues to hide behind a keyboard.

VictoryFromTheVelodrome;274135 said:

when was the last time that Briggs made a score??? when was the last time he took 4+ in a game for not many....Very overrated. Wash ups are an old and tired side and will finish in the lower end of the table.You might be right about heywood though....not happy at the moment.Who knows you may pick up a few wins if he plays 3 or 4 games:D.

Steady on Burger, wedding week 1 hence Sugar helped out, ANA/Union was a great second day, pretending to be an umpire this round so was a bit light on for material and had to go with the game I heard the most about. Should see a more even spread in coming weeks. On your discussion about the old quicks, Hitchy was seriously nasty on mats as he bowled the big kicking leg cutters, Humphrey was pretty quick with a gale at his back, but Con was quicker at his best. Another guy who could be sharp was Glen Holland but less so after mats disappeared.
Omega still have stock of the 17% extras too Nicholas.

Border;274380 said:
Have a read through the Hampton Rovers forum - all the answers to the aliases lie there.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve here but there's no mention of any alias' and bigcricket on the Rovers forum at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back