CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Sugar;274704 said:
There are plenty of blokes who are fans of Mossy... particularly the ones who abuse him after he gives them out LBW or run out, yet don't get reported by him because he's too nice a bloke.

One club in particular continues to get away with murder when it comes to abusing umpires.

Iz dat a attempted stab at us sugar? ld was safe last week & there know way mossy culdve known he waz out. he waz suked in by the cmca direct hit rool! tha reason he wouldn't report is cos he new he waz wrong.

brett;274777 said:
Last 10 years players i would pick to play in for the best side

1Malane (could win a game off his own bat in 1 hour)
2Pitt (pick an aggresive line up and let him bat through)
3Krotofil (same as tim but a left hander)
4Ano (just a star and a real team player)
5C.Manakis (one of the best bats i have ever seen in any situation)
6B.Clark (brendan is a very solid bat n would be my keeper)
7P.Manakis (Can win a match with bat or ball)
8S.May (super line and length bowl for the edges all day and a good bat)
9A.Lee (super spinner turns away from the right hander with dip n spin)
10S.Surridge (has bowled some of the best spells i have ever seen)
11Sheigler (fear factor genuine strike bowler)

Over all good mix of spin, swing, pace, medium pace left arm right arm, aggresive bats and workers

Apoligies

Bennet
Jenkin
Park.C
Amoore
Blick

brett, seriously.. i know u probly dont like easy sandy and there might b others on here that dont either but to have for a team that has won 6 flags to have 1 player in your team is pretty ridiculous! if u want people to give your team any credibility then u have to put aside your personal bias's which include putting 3 of your own players in

someone said graeme bell great point he was awesome he has to be in the team. others that have to be in are
g. gora - miles better than most of the bats u have put in there
c. gora - seriously..what were u thinking leaving him out??
a. duddy - 3 batting avgs in 5 yrs all in flag years and awesome keeper - and clarke ahead of him..like wat the fuk
m. casey - malane.. who cant turn a game in an HOUR? a good bat will turn it in 20 mins!

would have to think more about it but others that would b stiff to miss..

frew - havent see him all that much though
amoore - run machine
l. dallas - better spinner and far better bat that lee who can turn a game in 20 mins
jenkin - awesome bowler
bennett - won the batting avg last year too

i know there are a few sandy players in there but been the most successful team and those are the players i have seen the most of.. im sure there are others that ive missed from other clubs but i just wanted to agree with others and make the point that carnegie south would beat that team brett put up!!

FrequentFourFlayer;275144 said:
brett, seriously.. i know u probly dont like easy sandy and there might b others on here that dont either but to have for a team that has won 6 flags to have 1 player in your team is pretty ridiculous! if u want people to give your team any credibility then u have to put aside your personal bias's which include putting 3 of your own players in

To say i don't like East Sandy that is a joke, i enjoy playing against them and hold no grudges towards them and the side i selected was just my thoughts i didnt think i would have alot of people going yeh great side.
There is always debate which is good, its a much better topic then were this forum was heading at the start of the week and my topic of fast bowlers was a good one also.

after much thought i would probably change Dallas for Andy Lee.
Malane
Pitt
Krotofil
Ano
C.Manakis
B.Clark
L.Dallas
P.Manakis
S.May
S.Surridge
K.Sheigler

The facts are you could pick a team that could be quiet capable of knocking them off. And the side i selected was based on the last 10 years and on my experience against them.

Amoore (maybe i need to compare stats to Malane)
Frew (Last 5 years @ West & Edi don't help)Casey (Has not played for a few years but could swap with Tim)Smith (5-6 years ago dropped out of Longy)
Campbell (Good bat but just pipped by Ano)Goro (Running has hampered him but still could play)
Duddy (Clark only because he has made scores against Uniting)Donati (Just missed to much cricketfor 1 reason or another)Blick (Missed alot of cricket n didnt take bags enough to nudge others out)Lee (Gave it to Dallas for doing it over a longer period)Jenkin (Stiff)
Bell
(can't say i remember much of Belly):p

brett;275205 said:

To say i don't like East Sandy that is a joke, i enjoy playing against them and hold no grudges towards them and the side i selected was just my thoughts i didnt think i would have alot of people going yeh great side.
There is always debate which is good, its a much better topic then were this forum was heading at the start of the week and my topic of fast bowlers was a good one also.

Malane
Pitt
Krotofil
Ano
C.Manakis
B.Clark
L.Dallas
P.Manakis
S.May
S.Surridge
K.Sheigler

The facts are you could pick a team that could be quiet capable of knocking them off. And the side i selected was based on the last 10 years and on my experience against them.

Frew (Last 5 years @ West & Edi don't help)Casey (Has not played for a few years but could swap with Tim)Smith (5-6 years ago dropped out of Longy)
Campbell (Good bat but just pipped by Ano)Goro (Running has hampered him but still could play)
Duddy (Clark only because he has made scores against Uniting)Donati (Just missed to much cricketfor 1 reason or another)Blick (Missed alot of cricket n didnt take bags enough to nudge others out)Lee (Gave it to Dallas for doing it over a longer period)Jenkin (Stiff)
Bell

what a joke d.frew and goro isnt it...

brett;275205 said:

Malane
Pitt
Krotofil
Ano
C.Manakis
B.Clark
L.Dallas
P.Manakis
S.May
S.Surridge
K.Sheigler

Bell

who would be skipper Brett? A lot of current and former skippers in the team and I dare say a couple of big egos. Who would you appoint as coach?? If I recall correctly George Goro made 160+ against Mackie and then followed it up with 260+ against ANA when Schleiger was at his peak.Granted he has not played a lot, but that would be enough to get him in the team.

Good healthy topic. Everyone's got an opinion and no one's is wrong. Statistically, contradictions will occur, but that's cricket. Stats don't provide accurate guides to how cricketers compete in various situations. Though a cricketer's longevity will often expose them to a wide variety of situations. Graeme Bell was before Brett's time and for that you can excuse him. As someone who can only go on following scores in the top grade for a long time, I still found it laughable that Clarky was picked ahead of Duddy. Even Clarky would agree he's a class behind thunder thighs.

Early season form with the bat out at Elwood would make for an intriguing contest against the East Sandy attack. Shame we have to wait til Rd.11 for that to happen.
What are the thoughts of the Centrals and Uniting game on the weekend? Fair to say the loser can start to focus on 2009/10.

Brett - still think Carnegie's win in the 1-dayer last year was a fluke?

And when are we going to have the CMCA website updated so that ladders and results are easily accessible? No disrespect to John Kelly, but the CMCA need to employ someone savvy enough to have this information available earlier than the end of Rd.2 - which it still isn't.

Cant believe Mikko isnt mentioned as keeper...
Ano looked great win i caught a glimpse at King G in rd 1

lee and dallas will come back to the warne/mulri argument.

Captain

KIM PITT

his record speaks for itself, i like the way he goes about his game and the aggresive streak he has on the field never one to back down from a challenge and would always have a Beer.
Has the smarts the experience to boot.

Vice Captain

Peter Manakis

One of the best heads and brains i have seen on the cricket field always a step ahead of the opposition. You just wanted to give everything you have to offer for him.

Uncle Mick;275510 said:
Good healthy topic. Everyone's got an opinion and no one's is wrong. Statistically, contradictions will occur, but that's cricket. Stats don't provide accurate guides to how cricketers compete in various situations. Though a cricketer's longevity will often expose them to a wide variety of situations. Graeme Bell was before Brett's time and for that you can excuse him. As someone who can only go on following scores in the top grade for a long time, I still found it laughable that Clarky was picked ahead of Duddy. Even Clarky would agree he's a class behind thunder thighs.

Early season form with the bat out at Elwood would make for an intriguing contest against the East Sandy attack. Shame we have to wait til Rd.11 for that to happen.
What are the thoughts of the Centrals and Uniting game on the weekend? Fair to say the loser can start to focus on 2009/10.

And when are we going to have the CMCA website updated so that ladders and results are easily accessible? No disrespect to John Kelly, but the CMCA need to employ someone savvy enough to have this information available earlier than the end of Rd.2 - which it still isn't.

I think Mick (not certain of this) that Cricket Victoria run the ladders/full match results aspect of website and it is updated based on info supplied by clubs. The results have been going up on Saturday nights but this info is only from press reports. Either CV have not done them or the link is failing as far as ladders go. Here's an idea, send John an email enquiring about it and a prompt response and update may ensue.

Uncle Mick;275510 said:

Centrals were pretty ordinary with the bat. Started off in a blaze then it all went off the rails once Amoore went out. Will opt for Uniting this week.I think they may call back a few more experienced heads to steady the ship.Agree about the website. The CMCA needs to advertise for an honoury role, just explain what they need done and how long it will take etc. More than enough computer savvy people who could do the job or at the very least rotate it.

Jimmy Olson;275554 said:
I think Mick (not certain of this) that Cricket Victoria run the ladders/full match results aspect of website and it is updated based on info supplied by clubs. The results have been going up on Saturday nights but this info is only from press reports. Either CV have not done them or the link is failing as far as ladders go. Here's an idea, send John an email enquiring about it and a prompt response and update may ensue.

Thanks, Bunt. Will do. Might shoot through a response on the quality of these new balls too as per your request on the radio y'day.
Our E Grade side had their's split in the 13th over. It's no coincidence that both games we've had balls fail to last were at Peterson St. A combination of our deck and the durability of the balls, I'd suggest. The deck is overdue for resurfacing, but the whole ground has been tendered and as far as we're aware we weren't going to have access to it from Rd.1 - hence not bothering to get a new one yet. Still not convinced of the balls though.

Uncle Mick;275565 said:
Thanks, Bunt. Will do. Might shoot through a response on the quality of these new balls too as per your request on the radio y'day.
Our E Grade side had their's split in the 13th over. It's no coincidence that both games we've had balls fail to last were at Peterson St. A combination of our deck and the durability of the balls, I'd suggest. The deck is overdue for resurfacing, but the whole ground has been tendered and as far as we're aware we weren't going to have access to it from Rd.1 - hence not bothering to get a new one yet. Still not convinced of the balls though.

Uncle,
RE, the issue with the balls, the comp is trying these cheaper options this season, they are certainly not the highest of quality that could be used.
Lets face it, most club whinged when they had to pay the extra costs of the 4 piece when it was introduced, maybe they are at it again, hence the use of the cheaper balls.
One things for sure, the balls are clearly not up to the required standard for hard wickets, the sooner the clubs get onto it with the CMCA, the quicker they can sort out the mess.
Its simple really, just use the top quality balls, have a couple of extra functions or a couple of Sunday Kegs, to offset the costs.
It could be a theme day, '' lets have drink for our balls ''.
As far as your comment about the scores and the web site, i agree, no issue with John K, but seriously, just employ someone to run the site for the season, would only cost about $2,000, and clubs could just email their stuff through.
The CMCA have plenty in their vault, start spending it i say.:eek:

I understand the clubs may have helped influence a change by voicing their concerns over the cost of balls, but I actually quite like the idea of the new balls recognising the individuals contributions to the comp. As a bowler I wasn't impressed with a ball that lasted only 40 overs, but I passed it off as my bias and it only being our first experience. But a week later our 2nd XI's ball lasting 13 overs is unacceptable. I'd still like to see them continue with the new balls and see something done about the quality.

Anyway, anyone know the story is down at West Bentleigh? Got a msg from Hawker on the weekend and he's given the game away. And Ant Reid is yet to front up. Married and a kid in the off season, he might've understandably chosen to focus on the family life. Without Stacey that's 3 huge losses. Wheels may fall off pretty quick at Victory Park.

ant reid was always going to b missing the first 2 games and will b back this week against sandy. hawka isnt loving his cricket at the moment but may b back later in the season. stacey not making great inroads at district level partly due to injury and theres a possibility he'll b back b4 the season is out. no reason to panic just yet

The balls do seem to struggle to last the 72/65 overs, however it's not entirely the fault of the inferior quality balls.

With the water restricitions, we do need to take into account the fact that the grounds have never been drier or harder.

Sugar;275886 said:
The balls do seem to struggle to last the 72/65 overs, however it's not entirely the fault of the inferior quality balls.

With the water restricitions, we do need to take into account the fact that the grounds have never been drier or harder.

Sugar,
What you've just said is the real reason WHY THEY SHOULD use the best quality balls available.
Four piece balls have been traditionally used for turf, they were designed to last 80 overs on the roads that were being, and are still being used today.
The top quality turf ball would certainly last on our decks i would presume, and looking at some of the grounds at the moment, its only going to get worse.
Another idea would be, to play all one day games and finish the season early, this was evident in the some country associations last season.
The time may be right for a proactive decision by the association, or otherwise they may be facing OH@S issues, then we will lose some grounds.
Very difficult for Juniors as well, some grounds are already finished and will not recover, unsafe and should not be used.

It's a fair point, Sugar but as Archie suggests.... the 4-piece balls used on turf wickets would hold up on the grounds we're playing on.

In respect to the proposed 1 day format to end the season early, wouldn't it be farcical if the GF was rained out as happened in one of the Geelong leagues last season...?

The sooner we go to one dayers, the better! Grounds aren't holding up.
I think Sugar is on the money. No rain, all the grit and sh1t still in pitches after winter (due to not being washed out properly), balls have no chance!
Nothing worse than balls with no chance!

Archie Roach;275896 said:
Sugar,
What you've just said is the real reason WHY THEY SHOULD use the best quality balls available.
Four piece balls have been traditionally used for turf, they were designed to last 80 overs on the roads that were being, and are still being used today.
The top quality turf ball would certainly last on our decks i would presume, and looking at some of the grounds at the moment, its only going to get worse.
Another idea would be, to play all one day games and finish the season early, this was evident in the some country associations last season.
The time may be right for a proactive decision by the association, or otherwise they may be facing OH@S issues, then we will lose some grounds.

Very difficult for Juniors as well, some grounds are already finished and will not recover, unsafe and should not be used.

The minute you start releasing grounds, and changing the duration of the season, you open up a bigger can of worms than have ever existed. If we reserve the right for grounds for only 4 months of the year, as opposed to 6 months - you've already lost ALL grounds for a third of what we had them for.

What happens when the water levels finally get back on track in say 5 years time, and we ask the competition & council for 6 months of the year again? FAT CHANCE.

The councils will not be giving the grounds back - GUARANTEED. And the competition will suffer because the not so die-hard cricketers will have found other ways to keep themselves entertained in the summer.

End result - less players & less ground availability. This in NO WAY makes the competition stronger.

Better way to solve the problem, with the money spent on grounds these days Water tanks for every club with recycled water drops every month so the ground can be watered.
I hate to say it but i mean no ego just throwing solutions up.
It seems every Turf gound has water tanks that get refilled by the council with the recycled water which there is alot of, use this and water the grounds surely these tanks can be hooked up tp the sprinkler system.
Why sacrifice 2 day cricket when there are other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back