CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Ita a bit of a joke that the false starters were allowed to continue. Considering prize money was on the line, the event should've been conducted properly.

haha no i'm not.. i was watching the race. i should of been running the race anyway. lol at victoryfromthevelodrome's comment.. i think he was the only washingtonpark person actually down at that event.. poor effort.

Ordinary Bloke;287508 said:
Final Runners for the CMCA Sprint on Sunday are:

Steve Lay (OMEGA)
Damien Holmes (WEST BENTLEIGH)
Damien Rayson (BRIGHTON UNION)
Todd Porter (ESBC)
Brodie Lawford (BENTLEIGH ANA)
Matt Klein (HIGHETT WEST)
Keith Brown (WASHINGTON PARK)
Corey Richards (BENTLIGH UNITING)
Callum Rayner (KINGSTON HEATH)
Dean Green (HAMPTON CENTRAL)
Michael Thornton (MOORABBIN WEST)

The 20/20 match starts at 1pm and a $30 ticket gets you all inclusive Beer, Wine and BBQ Lunch as well as entry to the $2000 draw.

Hope to see you all down there!

MAIN EVENT:OMEGA CUP 30th NOVEMBER 2008 BRICKER PARK
STEWARDS REPORT.

Browns Delight began awkwardly, shifted out and hampered Lawfords Pride. Browns Delight was reprimanded for shifting in near the 30m when insufficiently clear of Lawfords Pride which was checked. Trainer J Smith reprimanded for continually arguing with stewards.A Stone & D Marsh warned off course for remaining 2008 running season.

Near the 20m RichCo steadied to avoid the heels of Klein Man which shifted in when not quite clear. Owner J Halliday advised to give the kid a spell as he has obviously been working him too hard.

Layman jumped awkwardly was inclined to lay out throughout but that he felt its inability to dictate terms was the major factor in his poor run.

Green Dean was inclined to hang out throughout the event and ran off in the straight. Trainer Mr S. May was told that Green Dean will have to perform satisfactorily in an official barrier trial before it will be permitted to start again and also have his glasses checked.

Hoola Holmes was inclined to lay out throughout but that he felt its inability to dictate terms was the major factor in its poor run.

When questioned on the poor performance of Porter Rolls, trainer J Jones said he had instructed him to go forward if possible but that after being slowly away and hampered at the start he was unable to muster enough pace to take up that position.

A medical examination of Raysons Delight after the race found him to be making abnormal breathing noises. Trainer Mr N Pullen will be told that a medical certificate of fitness, including the results of an endoscopic examination will be required before Raysons Delight will be permitted to start again.

After the race it was noted that the Thorntons Flash had lost both shoes and was unsettled at the barrier.

Congratulations to the Winner
Rayners Flash

12345a;288669 said:
haha no i'm not.. i was watching the race. i should of been running the race anyway. lol at victoryfromthevelodrome's comment.. i think he was the only washingtonpark person actually down at that event.. poor effort.

Quick English lesson for you buddy. When writing words like should, could and would, don't follow them up with the word "of". It's "have" or "'ve". There weren't that many blokes that wanted to go down to support our mate Keithy. Why "should of" you been running in the race anyway?

VASS;288674 said:
MAIN EVENT:OMEGA CUP 30th NOVEMBER 2008 BRICKER PARK
STEWARDS REPORT.

Browns Delight began awkwardly, shifted out and hampered Lawfords Pride. Browns Delight was reprimanded for shifting in near the 30m when insufficiently clear of Lawfords Pride which was checked. Trainer J Smith reprimanded for continually arguing with stewards.A Stone & D Marsh warned off course for remaining 2008 running season.

Near the 20m RichCo steadied to avoid the heels of Klein Man which shifted in when not quite clear. Owner J Halliday advised to give the kid a spell as he has obviously been working him too hard.

Layman jumped awkwardly was inclined to lay out throughout but that he felt its inability to dictate terms was the major factor in his poor run.

Green Dean was inclined to hang out throughout the event and ran off in the straight. Trainer Mr S. May was told that Green Dean will have to perform satisfactorily in an official barrier trial before it will be permitted to start again and also have his glasses checked.

Hoola Holmes was inclined to lay out throughout but that he felt its inability to dictate terms was the major factor in its poor run.

When questioned on the poor performance of Porter Rolls, trainer J Jones said he had instructed him to go forward if possible but that after being slowly away and hampered at the start he was unable to muster enough pace to take up that position.

A medical examination of Raysons Delight after the race found him to be making abnormal breathing noises. Trainer Mr N Pullen will be told that a medical certificate of fitness, including the results of an endoscopic examination will be required before Raysons Delight will be permitted to start again.

After the race it was noted that the Thorntons Flash had lost both shoes and was unsettled at the barrier.

Congratulations to the Winner
Rayners Flash

Sh!t storie buddy.
Wayste of time!!!

heard from a bloke from cheltenham cricket club that bentleigh ana opener merrifeild has trained with them and will quit and this week so he can play next week with cheltenham. Heard he wasn't happy with the ana, shit blokes.

he didn't set the world on fire the first couple games anyway!

Good mail mossy.

Dunno about not setting the world on fire though. He has only played 2 games and he made 60 and 20 (off about 10 balls) opening in Longy. Also played a one dayer and got 50 odd not out. He is a gun bat and a huge loss for ANA.

big mossy fan;288747 said:
heard from a bloke from cheltenham cricket club that bentleigh ana opener merrifeild has trained with them and will quit and this week so he can play next week with cheltenham. Heard he wasn't happy with the ana, shit blokes.

he didn't set the world on fire the first couple games anyway!

Apparently did enough to get the season opening headline.

Fair bit of cricket on Sunday.The CMCA teams both have tough matches ahead of them, but who knows it could be a 'local' final which would be great.
If you can get down and have a look and a beer.

Game 3 Sacred Heart (MCA) v Bentleigh Uniting (CMCA)

Bentleigh Uniting 7cc/215 (Turner 71, Backman 47, C Richrads 27, Barrand 26) def Sacred Heart 96 (Heaney 3/16, Surridge 2/17)

Game 4 Monash (SD&CCL) v South Caulfield (VTCA)

Monash 6cc127 (Taunt 44, Warner 27, L Russell 4/11) wdb South Caulfiled 2/128 in the 12th over (Mullaney 55no, Black 33, L Russell 31)

Semi Finals - Sunday December 7 (10am)

SF1 Mackie v Cavaliers (Mackie Reserve)

SF2 Bentleigh Uniting v South Caulfield (Centenary Park)

Final - Sunday December 7 (2pm)

Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 (either Mackie Reserve or Centenary Park)

superfreak;288832 said:
Good mail mossy.

Dunno about not setting the world on fire though. He has only played 2 games and he made 60 and 20 (off about 10 balls) opening in Longy. Also played a one dayer and got 50 odd not out. He is a gun bat and a huge loss for ANA.

He was an ordinary bat, and an ordinary bloke to boot. Slogger that swings out or his arse across the line.
WOW! Did you say 50* in a one-dayer? The Aussies should have had him over in India!!!!

Having watched him bat for 10 or so years, the last thing I would call him is a slogger or someone that swings across the line.

Not sure if your an ANA man but if you are you have lost a good player.

If he is good enough ANA will not let him go they will pull all stops to keep him. Time will tell i guess.
Good players don't just walk away from clubs mid season.

I think you're wrong there Brett.
There's really not much ANA can do if he wants to go. Maybe hold it up a week. We're not talking expensive contracts. It's park cricket at best. If he wants out, he'll go.
Also, i don't think whether you are good or not makes a difference on walking out on a club or not. If he's not happy and hates all the jerks there then he'll leave. Regardless of his skill.

The club will miss Matty this season, as he would make a hell of a difference if we are lucky enough to make finals. Contrary to other speculative posts, Matt enjoyed the blokes at the club. However, sadly due to several reasons, including work, family & injuries, he couldn't meet the requirements that the coaching staff had put in place for all players, and as a result we've all separated on good terms.

Sugar - You need a job in the media, old boy. What a load of shit that is! We're playing CMCA cricket. Requirements put in place for all players..... you must be having a laugh. You get more respect out of being up front than calling on the spin doctor for that bullshit, bud. Come on now. You're a lot better than that.

Mick, I suggest you come down to one of our training sessions and have a look at what our coach is trying to do in order to make our top sides competitive for the long run.

Understand Sugar, you seem to have training standards something along the lines if you can't train then that will effect what level you play at.
Totally agree with the stance as your top teams need to be working hard together as a unit for on field and off field success.
With the remarks i made "if he was good enough you boys won't let him go" i ment what ever is or has upset him can be fixed i am should it will be done so.
But training standards can't be comprimised for 1 individual because then where do you stop, then player B steps up and has a problem it would open a can of worms and the structure would have holes in it then you might aswell throw it out the window.
I have had the same problems, short term pain long term gain.
Don't jump down my throat Mick as i said the letter "I" in referring to myself once.

I don't think you're on the right track then Sugar. Completely understand where the coach is coming from but there will always be different people with different circumstances. As Mick said, it's the CMCA. He's not playing state cricket and earning 100's of thousands of dollars. I'm tipping the cash you planned on paying him for the season is the main reason. If he were playing for free i reckon he would be able to skip the odd training session.
Playing payments aside, sometimes there are different rules for different people, Brett. It's just how it is. If it is an honest reason/excuse for missing training/games then it shouldn't matter. As long as people aren't taking advantage of these allowances which would be up to the captain and coach to decide.
Sugar, perhaps having the best players possible playing each week would be ANA's best chance of making finals and being successful....

Marto you speak alot of sense and all your points are valid and good, some clubs are different and a lazy cricketer can always find excuses not to get to training it happens everywhere.
To say they are not on the right track is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with, if there are kids been held back and this guy can't train that sends a bad message so hourses for courses, we a park cricketers "yes" but does not mean we still can't get the best out of each individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back