CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

With the season almost complete who will be named in the Cmca teamof the year.

I am thinking of who the shoe ins are.

N.Harris
A.Duddy

anymore

Probables
A.Mikkleson
S.Surridge
D.Britt
C.Pothitos
M.Bunting
D.Corp
M.Deveraux
C.Ferguson

This just my short list can any one add to it or make there own side.

thSerious th6 thSmasher;323262 said:
You're a fat lump Sugar. ANA are as soft as fabric softener. You were no chance of winning that game. We were deliberately serving up pies to try and buy the last few wickets. Had a normal game taken place we would have thumped you and you would have got no where near our runs.

As said by FFF, we hardly "ran for the hills" against Mackie earlier this season. It was the umpires decision and i highly doubt those team of fat lumps would have got near our 240. The fattest lump of all would've been good for a few boundaries but on what would have been a very slow outfield, 240 was about 50-60 runs too many.

watch ur mouth smartass.

some good points thsuper..

brett uve included some bats that have made 200 runs and excluded some that have made 500 ie finney from washups.. other than that some real class acts in that list. pothitos is a shoe in. ana woulda got rolled by central correct

interesting week of cricket
due to the heat last week esbc can still drop to 3rd if they lose to elwood and union beat the machine.. the top 4 play each other who can still replace mackie.. uniting and west b right? wat has to happen there..

brett;323535 said:

N.Harris
A.Duddy

anymore

Probables
A.Mikkleson
S.Surridge
D.Britt
C.Pothitos
M.Bunting
D.Corp
M.Deveraux
C.Ferguson

I don't know about that....

Best to ignore him lads. Cracker would be the first to admit he's nowhere near consideration for that side. And Pothitos was first to break 500 for the year, but not a shoo in. Spare me.

C.Amoore - stalwart opener has been fairly consistent in an underperforming side. 374 runs @ 53.43
N.Harris - monster start to the season. 466 runs @ 66.57
A.Duddy - late start to the season with a fair average. 451 runs @ 75.17
C.Pothitos - leading aggregate. 556 runs @ 69.50
G.Finney - stats speak for themselves. 478 runs @ 59.75
M.Bunting - solid performer as an all-round option. 301 runs @ 33.44 & 21 wickets @ 18.33
A.Mikkelson - 2nd all-rounder (wkt keeper/batsman). 362 runs @ 51.71 & 13 dismissals
C.Park - could well be considered an all-rounder too. 31 wickets @ 17.03 & 216 runs @ 36
S.Handley - just pips out Clement from Omega based on wickets. 24 wickets @ 15.79
S.Hendy - as I recall is a handy spinner. 17 wickets @ 23.59
S.Surridge - probably the 2nd best left arm bowler in CMCA cricket. 29 wickets @ 12.07

C.Ferguson - stiff to miss out. Seems to have played many lone hands this season. 385 runs @ 48.13
C.Clement - ditto. 22 wickets @ 15.59

Uncle Mick;323598 said:
Best to ignore him lads. Cracker would be the first to admit he's nowhere near consideration for that side. And Pothitos was first to break 500 for the year, but not a shoo in. Spare me.

C.Amoore - stalwart opener has been fairly consistent in an underperforming side. 374 runs @ 53.43
M.Bunting - solid performer as an all-round option. 301 runs @ 33.44 & 21 wickets @ 18.33
A.Mikkelson - 2nd all-rounder (wkt keeper/batsman).
C.Park - could well be considered an all-rounder too. 31 wickets @ 17.03 & 216 runs @ 36
S.Handley - just pips out Clement from Omega based on wickets. 24 wickets @ 15.79
S.Surridge - probably the 2nd best left arm bowler in CMCA cricket. 29 wickets @ 12.07

C.Ferguson - stiff to miss out. Seems to have played many lone hands this season. 385 runs @ 48.13

Fair call on most Mick, you might want to add G.Czosneck (LPP) to the mix, Cove, Delac, Ano, M.Reid (who never has gaudy stats but is a money player), Gallagher (might beat Handley for the spot). Been a tough year for spinners and you might not pick one. I reckon 8 are automatic.

All worthy, Bunt. Basically went on stats and positions most would bat/bowl. Went with Handley purely on volume of wickets this year. Gallagher is a personal favourite. Being a fellow left armer helps his cause, but always held him in high regard. Up there with the very best I've played against in the 2nd grade.

Uncle Mick;323618 said:
All worthy, Bunt. Basically went on stats and positions most would bat/bowl. Went with Handley purely on volume of wickets this year. Gallagher is a personal favourite. Being a fellow left armer helps his cause, but always held him in high regard. Up there with the very best I've played against in the 2nd grade.

One of the better blokes too.

After reading the cmca heat policy it appears to me that no teams this round should receive any points unless they achieved a first innings result on Day 1??? Thoughts???

9.1.5 CANCELLATION OF A ROUND’S RESULTS

Where more than 50% of matches in an individual grade are abandoned on Day 2, all matches will be deemed to be null and
void regardless of whether some matches were completed, and no points will be awarded to any team in that grade. However, if a first innings result was achieved on the first day of a game, then the six points will be allocated to the winning team
for that Round.

Army;323663 said:
After reading the cmca heat policy it appears to me that no teams this round should receive any points unless they achieved a first innings result on Day 1??? Thoughts???

9.1.5 CANCELLATION OF A ROUND’S RESULTS

Where more than 50% of matches in an individual grade are abandoned on Day 2, all matches will be deemed to be null and
void regardless of whether some matches were completed, and no points will be awarded to any team in that grade. However, if a first innings result was achieved on the first day of a game, then the six points will be allocated to the winning team
for that Round.

So what changes whether every side gets 3 points or nil?

It matters if a team did get a first innings result Day 1 (as happened in C grade and some other lower grades) are therefore they make up 6 points on everyone else not 3 points????

Uncle Mick;323598 said:

A.Mikkelson - 2nd all-rounder (wkt keeper/batsman). 362 runs @ 51.71 & 13 dismissals

pretty fair.. who is s. hendy? please dont tell me hes the leggie from carnegie sth
fair call on the heat rule too

brett;323535 said:

N.Harris
A.Duddy

anymore

Probables
A.Mikkleson
S.Surridge
D.Britt
C.Pothitos
M.Bunting
D.Corp
M.Deveraux
C.Ferguson

wouldnt think so!!!!

Sqeak McConchie would have to be up there in the team of the year. Hasn't played the entire season but when he has he's been brilliant. And a ripper leader to boot. I'd slot him in as the all rounder in that team.

Bit RICH;323788 said:
wouldnt think so!!!!

To be fair the fact i have been in another comp this year i don't know the ins and outs of everyone and how they have peformed i have only heard snipits.

I just thought the blog had been boring so i threw it in to spark up some conversations.

Thats all.:D

Army;323668 said:
It matters if a team did get a first innings result Day 1 (as happened in C grade and some other lower grades) are therefore they make up 6 points on everyone else not 3 points????

Are you a communist Army? If a team is good enough to get a result in the first week then they deserve the 6 points.They miss out on a chance of an outright in the 2nd week.Having said that the Executive has made some strange decisions over the years so if you appealed it they would probably invent a final 5 as they did a few years ago in a lower grade so as to keep Benteligh Uniting happy.

FrequentFourFlayer;323757 said:
pretty fair.. who is s. hendy? please dont tell me hes the leggie from carnegie sth
fair call on the heat rule too

Hendy is the spinner at Le Page.

Re Heat Policy

Surely it is unfair for sides whose games got cancelled due to heat to get NIL points

If a side gets a result on the first day, then they get 6 points (denied an extra 4 for an outright), which would give them a 6 point advantage over ever other team in the grade.

Where as if everyone gets 3 for the draw (as seems to be the case on mycricket) the team that the got the result would get a 3 point advantage which is a closer representation to the 4 point advantage an outright gets.

On another note, I think 12 team grades poses an additional problem, there are too many teams not playing for anything but pride towards the back half of the season as there are only 4 finals spots and 1-2 relegation spots, meaning 3-4 teams can potentially be playing for nothing.

In 10 team competitions I have seen examples where if a team wins they play finals if not they get relegated, makes for more exciting games if teams have something to play for in rounds 9-11. Examples in Longmuir, WPCC, ANA & Le Page Park

CLOCKER;323955 said:
Are you a communist Army? If a team is good enough to get a result in the first week then they deserve the 6 points.They miss out on a chance of an outright in the 2nd week.Having said that the Executive has made some strange decisions over the years so if you appealed it they would probably invent a final 5 as they did a few years ago in a lower grade so as to keep Benteligh Uniting happy.

He's not arguing whether the team that gets a result on day 1 should get the 6 points. He agrees they should. He's saying that going by the rule book, all teams that don't have a result after day 1 should receive no points.

What have the teams received? 3 or 0 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back