Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

so what is the final damage at Lavi, or is it all a beat up.....is half their side gone to the power house teams that don't need them or not.....egos or not, take the guns out of any side and it will take a long time to back fill.

so what is the final damage at Lavi, or is it all a beat up.....is half their side gone to the power house teams that don't need them or not.....egos or not, take the guns out of any side and it will take a long time to back fill.
Ghg at this stage I don't think that the final damage is known, I am not sure whether the club has received a clearance form from TBall yet, I know that TBall (or anyone else) hadn't talked to anyone at the club or submitted a clearance form before the article appeared in the paper. I'm guessing that Marmo was the only one to have submitted a clearance form before John Mulvey was interviewed by the Border Mail for today's article, as I don't think John would hide information like that.

I
Ghg at this stage I don't think that the final damage is known, I am not sure whether the club has received a clearance form from TBall yet, I know that TBall (or anyone else) hadn't talked to anyone at the club or submitted a clearance form before the article appeared in the paper. I'm guessing that Marmo was the only one to have submitted a clearance form before John Mulvey was interviewed by the Border Mail for today's article, as I don't think John would hide information like that.
Kinda weird that TBall would spend the last week speaking to all the media without talking to the club or submitting a clearance. I saw him on Win News last night after signing with Paddies, but if he hasn't done the right thing by his old club, I'm not sure I want a player who puts himself before his team mates,and his club, at my club.

I know there has been a lot of Media beat up about this in the last few days, especially in the Border Mail. However so far it seems like a lot of "he said, she said" anda lot of speculation. We've certainly heard a lot from Tball, but have anyone heard from the LPCC side of things? And I mean the real side, not just rumours and innuendo? So far, I don't think anyone in the media has been reporting both sides of this.

I

Kinda weird that TBall would spend the last week speaking to all the media without talking to the club or submitting a clearance. I saw him on Win News last night after signing with Paddies, but if he hasn't done the right thing by his old club, I'm not sure I want a player who puts himself before his team mates,and his club, at my club.

I know there has been a lot of Media beat up about this in the last few days, especially in the Border Mail. However so far it seems like a lot of "he said, she said" anda lot of speculation. We've certainly heard a lot from Tball, but have anyone heard from the LPCC side of things? And I mean the real side, not just rumours and innuendo? So far, I don't think anyone in the media has been reporting both sides of this.

I'm with you coodabeen. Love to know the real story. The rumour I heard was that half the side refused to play under him after the way he captained the side against us two weeks ago.

I've got to admit his field placings were a hot topic amongst our players after the game. Not sure Jacko's ever made an easier hundred.

I'm sure the full story will come out in time.

Fair dinkum does Tball have 51% shares in all media in the Albury/Wodonga area....he is getting mentioned everywhere......anyone would swear he has just been called up to play for Australia.....he will probably be doing Jenny Craig ads next!!!!!

Fair dinkum does Tball have 51% shares in all media in the Albury/Wodonga area....he is getting mentioned everywhere......anyone would swear he has just been called up to play for Australia.....he will probably be doing Jenny Craig ads next!!!!!
I'm guessing that as CAW coach he would have more media contacts than most players. Some of the media might also feed off other media outlets (It seems to me that The River get most of their local stories by reading the paper :) )

Any chance of play this weekend looks rather unlikely

so to play or not to play that will be upto CAW !!!!
just wondering if St Pats become flag favourites with T-Ball playing for them??
heard a very interesting comment about him the other day. i was told he was a paid cricketer at Lavi ? i know he was coach at some stage . also i got told how much the pom at tallangatta is getting paid. not sure if many other clubs are paying non coaches???

so to play or not to play that will be upto CAW !!!!
just wondering if St Pats become flag favourites with T-Ball playing for them??
heard a very interesting comment about him the other day. i was told he was a paid cricketer at Lavi ? i know he was coach at some stage . also i got told how much the pom at tallangatta is getting paid. not sure if many other clubs are paying non coaches???
At this stage looks like it may up to the umpires or captains to make the call on to play or not. While there was nearly 45mm in the 24 hours to 9am this morning in Albury, looking out my window I can see the sun come and go, whether that will be enough to dry out the grounds I'm not sure, may need a pitch and ground inspection at each venue to determine if play is possible.

Hopefully we can get a game on the weekend. But have been thinking, that the losers from all this rain would be north albury and lavington. both top orders have been demolished pretty easily because of batting last week, you would think unless patties bat all day, north would be able to chase down whatever they posted. Lavi may be in big strife though, not sure how much batting they have left, they probly would have pencilled a win in for this game before the round. I'm guessing the games that didnt start would be changed to a one dayer. Im also guessing the games that did get started, like wod v tallangatta, would still be two day rules? Will be interesting how the four botom teams go this week. Belvoir should be able to get over dederang, but if its a one dayer, who knows. New city would be fancying themselves for a win too, and as they should. But once again, if its a one dayer, who knows.

What are everybodies thoughts on this?

Some interesting results on the weekend. New City would have to be worried about relegation after losing to Albury.

With games against, Tallangatta, Belvoir and St Pats coming up it could be February before the Phoenix get their first win.

With two teams to go down at the end of the season you'd have to think that New City and Dederang are in the firing line. Both are going to have to grab a couple of wins against teams above them and hope other results go their way.

At the other end of the ladder, North Albury are looking like they're going to replace Lavi as favourites to take on St Pats in the Grand Final. It looks like the finals could be more open than most people expected at the start of the year.

Interesting results alright on the weekend.
Biggest is probably the New City shock loss to Albury, but then again the Nth Albury win was also a good result for the competition....good knock by C Mannagh obviously won his side the match when they were reeling at 8/90 odd.
Interesting times ahead.
Dark horse that just keeps on performing week in week out is East Albury....yet they get no media attention at all.
looking forward to seeing them play the more fancied clubs just to get a gauge on where they sit.

Really I hadn't thought of that.:rolleyes:
Just trying to promote some different topics for the 5 blokes that contribute to this site.
I agree it would be good to have some new topics.
Not sure if this is what you meant by your post, but it might be interesting to get predictions from people on which players they think will get the highest prices at auction and which players they think will leave the auction on Saturday night red-faced after failing to attract even one bid.

I wouldn't have thought it would be a surprise who attracted the top dollars.......lets be honest to get 4 teams up and running, there are going to be some bargan basement deals, there aren't that may guns out there. You may find though that the teams will be picked on names and personality rather than actual ability, so some of the younger guys could miss out. I have no idea how the whole thing works, but I recon this could be the top 11 if they are interested in playing:

Top 11 could be
T-Ball, Lavi, oops, St Pats (batsman)
Jackson, Wodonga (batsman, can bowl)
Farrell, North (batsman)
Taylor, Lavi (batsman)
Spiteri, Belvoir (batsman, can bowl)
Lade, Tallangatta (all rounder)
Daniel, North (all rounder)
Hawking, St Pats (bowler)
Roberts, Wodonga (keeper)
Halles, Wodonga (bowler)
Castello, North (all rounder)

Also, didn't mean to omit the district guys.....just don't follow the comp closely enough to consider them.

Ha I heard that some of the albury guys were calling sam oconner the best feilders in the comp, i hope that was a joke on their behalf, cos he wouldnt be the best. He may be good and may even sneak into the top ten, but he is no brendan simmons. Simmo would be the best in the comp easily, then maybe someone like jesse griffiths, i know he can throw, not sure if he can catch. Which brings me to my point, with the 20/twenty teams getting picked, no doubt the best players will get picked, however the best bats arent neccesarily the best feilders. For example, Trent ball is one of the most destructive batsmen, but is one of the worst feilders ever lol. he is slow and drops countless catches, which made me think that if the selectors were smart, they would pick their best 11 or 12, then pick the rest as quality feilders. So the feilders feild every game, and the crappy feilding batsmen, just bat.

Any thoughts?

Back