Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Ha I heard that some of the albury guys were calling sam oconner the best feilders in the comp, i hope that was a joke on their behalf, cos he wouldnt be the best. He may be good and may even sneak into the top ten, but he is no brendan simmons. Simmo would be the best in the comp easily, then maybe someone like jesse griffiths, i know he can throw, not sure if he can catch. Which brings me to my point, with the 20/twenty teams getting picked, no doubt the best players will get picked, however the best bats arent neccesarily the best feilders. For example, Trent ball is one of the most destructive batsmen, but is one of the worst feilders ever lol. he is slow and drops countless catches, which made me think that if the selectors were smart, they would pick their best 11 or 12, then pick the rest as quality feilders. So the feilders feild every game, and the crappy feilding batsmen, just bat.

Any thoughts?

I would hope that players get pick on ability rather than who they play for, would hate to see the boys from rand or district players who signed up not be picked due to certain players/team managers involved. do players who wnat to be on a team have to be present at the auction night?

And in regard to best fieldsman in the comp, simmos fielding is the best by a country mile, dead eye dick and quick across the gound.

Great humor there guys. What will happen this round with the weather. Some really interesting games in both Provincal and District ( yes it is part of CAW ) . Belvoir V North Albury should see where the Eagles will end up. They need to win another game to be safe of going down next season. Raiders V Howlong should be a ripper . Howlong are cruising and Raiders are slowly building up.

Also with this T20 bash I hope it ain't about Provincal players and should be treated has fun and maybe a few lower grade players should be picked if they have brought a ticket.

Great humor there guys. What will happen this round with the weather. Some really interesting games in both Provincal and District ( yes it is part of CAW ) . Belvoir V North Albury should see where the Eagles will end up. They need to win another game to be safe of going down next season. Raiders V Howlong should be a ripper . Howlong are cruising and Raiders are slowly building up.

Also with this T20 bash I hope it ain't about Provincal players and should be treated has fun and maybe a few lower grade players should be picked if they have brought a ticket.
Luke Styles being brought out of retirement would be perfect for the game as long as he has a sub fielder:p

Well watched 2 games today. The first hour of Raiders V Howlong . With Howlong batting and losing wickets very steadly. Some vey quick bowling from the Raiders guys and the piched seem to play true. Lots of carry to the keeper. It seemed a very tight contest and that indoor guy Hall looked very handy.
Then it was off to see Belvoir V North . Gee what i saw shocked me in different ways. I would have thought North to be cruising but that was far from what I saw. They got bowled out for a low score . Eggy cleaned them up with his pie floaters. Every player I saw go out was caught in close. Belvoir might get over the line net week which would be a huge shock. On what I saw North don't look that strong.

So what happen at the t20 thing go tonight? Does anyone know what the team are?
Some strange names in the sides, Big Dude. It looks like a "look after my mates" selection policy may have taken place. A pity as this format could be quite successful if done correctly.
The other thing that caught my eye was the value of some guys, with some players highly over priced and some absolute bargains.
There would be no reason why next year there couldn't be 6 teams and the current 20/20 then scrapped if successful.

Some strange names in the sides, Big Dude. It looks like a "look after my mates" selection policy may have taken place. A pity as this format could be quite successful if done correctly.
The other thing that caught my eye was the value of some guys, with some players highly over priced and some absolute bargains.
There would be no reason why next year there couldn't be 6 teams and the current 20/20 then scrapped if successful.

Any examples what some of the guys went for? I heard a rumour that TBall went for $5/kg....lol

Surely the "look after my mates" selection policy didn't apply, I am sure all the guys got into the sides based on pure current form and ability!!!!!

Best Bargains??? Biggest wastes of money? throw some names at me..

Well watched 2 games today. The first hour of Raiders V Howlong . With Howlong batting and losing wickets very steadly. Some vey quick bowling from the Raiders guys and the piched seem to play true. Lots of carry to the keeper. It seemed a very tight contest and that indoor guy Hall looked very handy.
Then it was off to see Belvoir V North . Gee what i saw shocked me in different ways. I would have thought North to be cruising but that was far from what I saw. They got bowled out for a low score . Eggy cleaned them up with his pie floaters. Every player I saw go out was caught in close. Belvoir might get over the line net week which would be a huge shock. On what I saw North don't look that strong.
interesting to see whether the eagles can get the runs. Spitiri and Freake will need to really work hard early.. Also hoping titans beat Wodonga would chuck a spanner in the works

Looking forward to the 20/20 tonight. Looking at the teams in the paper on Monday it looks like all four sides will be pretty even. Couldn't really pick a favourite at this stage.

Seems like a really good concept and obviously a lot of money raised for charity. Hope it's a big success and people in the area support it.

Interesting to note the nominations for the 20/20 big bash.....3 district players nominated themselves?
Where are all these big stars that are hiding out there that everyone says should be playing in front of Rep Cricketers?
No where to be seen?
and let me gues what the excuses wil be..... we did nominate because no one would have bought us....boo hoo hoo get over it get some balls and put yourselves out there you might be surprised who would of got picked up?

Interesting to note the nominations for the 20/20 big bash.....3 district players nominated themselves?
Where are all these big stars that are hiding out there that everyone says should be playing in front of Rep Cricketers?
No where to be seen?
and let me gues what the excuses wil be..... we did nominate because no one would have bought us....boo hoo hoo get over it get some balls and put yourselves out there you might be surprised who would of got picked up?
Who were the district players to put there hand up to play? Good to see least 3 of them had a go at putting there name up. Did any of them get picked up? Haven't seen the teams to know who they are. Was there any big surpises for the night any one who you thought how is he worth that much money or gee he went cheap?

Who were the district players to put there hand up to play? Good to see least 3 of them had a go at putting there name up. Did any of them get picked up? Haven't seen the teams to know who they are. Was there any big surpises for the night any one who you thought how is he worth that much money or gee he went cheap?

Adam hall-Howlong,Middo-Raiders B grade and Josh neilson-Kiewa were the only 3 players to be picked up from district.
I think there was another guy from Raiders that nominated as well but didnt get picked up.

The crowd was pretty disappointing for the 20/20 last night, not too sure it was advertised correctly to attract the public. Feel sorry for Lavi at the moment having to put up with that outfield, its shocking.....the wicket looked liked it played very slow and low as well, which made scoring pretty hard.

Hopefully the event will raise some good coin and a big well done to the guys that organised it and players for getting behind it.....recon it could be an annual event that could take over from the club 20/20 that no one really seems to like.

The crowd was pretty disappointing for the 20/20 last night, not too sure it was advertised correctly to attract the public. Feel sorry for Lavi at the moment having to put up with that outfield, its shocking.....the wicket looked liked it played very slow and low as well, which made scoring pretty hard.

Hopefully the event will raise some good coin and a big well done to the guys that organised it and players for getting behind it.....recon it could be an annual event that could take over from the club 20/20 that no one really seems to like.

According to the paper, over $30,000 was raised at the players auction. The 2 charities are Give me 5 for Kids (the kids ward at the Albury Base) and the Cancer Carers Accomodation for the Cancer Hospital in Wodonga. To right G2G, its a bloody great idea. Congratulations to Gary Tonkn and the LPCC crew forthe idea and the hard work in organising it.

Everyone should get along to the remaining 2 matches in January. If everyone gets behind this concept, I reckon it will get another go next year.

Anybody hear of any clubs with last minute signings?
And also who do we all think will be Premiers now that we have hit the halfway mark of the season?

Anybody hear of any clubs with last minute signings?
And also who do we all think will be Premiers now that we have hit the halfway mark of the season?

Haven't heard much in regards to late signings, all teams seem fairly settled to this point.

Hard to go past St Pats and North Albury as premiership favorites at this stage. Lavington and Tallangatta even tho coming from a long way back are the dark horses. St Pats seem to have the most well rounded team with a good mix of players while North are always a heavyweight with the best batting line up in the comp, Josh Mallichan really seems to have stepped up for the hoppers this year with the ball and could be the difference between finishing 1st or not... as we all know bowlers win matches, batsmen save them.

Happened to watch a bit of the Belvoir V Bethanga yesterday. Gee the standard wasn't much but Bethanga do have alot of younger guys . Belvoir didn't have much to lose so they must have feilded a younger side aswell. They were in trouble ealry but some guy come out and blasted Bethanga every where. Game over. Watching T20 was ok but I think it should be a weeknight thing.

I see Raiders lost after their big pump up in the paper but they should still make finals which is great for District Comp.

Whats everyones thoughts on Clint gilson swapping over to north. I have just red it in the paper and i obviosly dont know what is happening there but it may be a case of gilson jumping ship before it sinks. not sure why, because they have already won a game and it looks like new city and dederang may be in the firing line. I have had a look at his scores this year on the website and it doesnt look like he should even be playing seconds at north, although alburys side isnt flash, so no wonder he is playing firsts there lol.
whats everyone elses thoughts on this? id like to hear from someone from albury to hear what really went on cos its weird, he has been there for a long time, then went to north. no loyalty?

Whats everyones thoughts on Clint gilson swapping over to north. I have just red it in the paper and i obviosly dont know what is happening there but it may be a case of gilson jumping ship before it sinks. not sure why, because they have already won a game and it looks like new city and dederang may be in the firing line. I have had a look at his scores this year on the website and it doesnt look like he should even be playing seconds at north, although alburys side isnt flash, so no wonder he is playing firsts there lol.
whats everyone elses thoughts on this? id like to hear from someone from albury to hear what really went on cos its weird, he has been there for a long time, then went to north. no loyalty?

He has scored 2 50's in the last three seasons batting high up the order......may be North are looking at boosting their C grade side because there is not a hope in hell he will even go close to breaking into their A grade batting line up.

Back