Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Re: Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Morbo;401690 said:
I actually would know how it works at Lavington, but I won't go into that.

I know for a fact that if you asked Trent or James about a specific cricket issue at training they would help you out, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

Short and Fast, by any chance do you play third grade? I know a few players (both former and present) at Lavington who have said that the problem with the social side of things, in particular in the past two seasons, is that there is a particular bloc of third grade players at Lavington who have isolated themselves just as much as you're accusing the first grade players of doing. Apparently they feel like they're owed something.

Personally, as someone with an intricate knowledge of a number of CAW clubs, I'd say Lavington is in a more healthy position than most.

Fair enough Morbo, if you are you are and vice versa, but as per the above quotes, someone with such an intricate knowledge (as you put it) of the Club would surely have to be within it or atleast affiliated to some degree? My point is that the banter between yourself and S & F did not put the Club in a good light, so how can you now be shocked at your inclusion in my post?

Morbo can you read the above? These are your quotes. This is knowledge learnt not heard. 'An intricate knowledge'? In my opinion, you are Lavy through and through and if not current, definately past.
Your passion for this club is evident and clearly more than a passing interest?
Please Morbo, nothing but positives??? Nothing like good PR to try and convince people that all is well at Lavington.
Clearly it is not...but keep telling yourself otherwise so that you can sleep at night.:D

concrete boots;404460 said:
mark purtell to raiders done deal heard it from the man himself

If that's true training isn't far from the car wash.He will add plenty of depth to there growing line up.

I see the internet has found it's way to The Panther Dome. Some times a great club on the field might not be one off the field. Not sure what to read into thier sledging. But they do have the performances on the field. All I do know is they sledge with the best of them. Even in C'Grade where it's only fun.

Any news else where?

big guys don't run;404490 said:
If that's true training isn't far from the car wash.He will add plenty of depth to there growing line up.

I see the internet has found it's way to The Panther Dome. Some times a great club on the field might not be one off the field. Not sure what to read into thier sledging. But they do have the performances on the field. All I do know is they sledge with the best of them. Even in C'Grade where it's only fun.

Any news else where?

There may be some sledging by Panthers in C Grade, but they are not the first team in C Grade to do it and I doubt that they will be the last side. I also think that Panther players do have some standards, unlike at another club. I remember a couple of seasons ago one team's captain put in a complaint to CAW about Panther players behaviour and then next time they played a Panthers side (a different team), the captain sledged every Panthers player when they were batting including some who were under 15s and giving me a sendoff that would have got him a holiday in A Grade. When I expressed my anger at the captains behaviour after I was dismissed and had left the field, his team mates who were resting on the sidelines said to me it was all part of the game.

alright enough talking bout lavi its getting old. how bout some predictions for the flag both in provincial and district cricket and who there x factors are and young kids that are gunna be even better this season? ill go first North and st pats final todd rheinberger norths x factor and young jacob millar to be the young kid to step up this year st pats x factor pup hensel gun bat and young kid to watch is probs pup as well. district wodonga raiders and yack x factor the evergreen wazza hamiliton and young kid to watch kori stevenson yacks x factor micky walker and tommy cencic for the young kid to explode on the scene anyones thoughts opinions

north x factor could be farrell...depends on how he handles the captainacy,
raiders v man kori, josh beard, chris beard will be solid.
yack will depend on walker and ben glass.
barny's x factor will be dools and the dishot boys.not much else to pick from.
wodonga not sure depends on which kids will stay if rumors are true.
albury x factor sammy o. and marmo. same as faz.
belvoir x factor cook and lodding.he's due for big season.

any word on baranduda on which grade they will play???

big guys don't run;404551 said:
north x factor could be farrell...depends on how he handles the captainacy,
raiders v man kori, josh beard, chris beard will be solid.
yack will depend on walker and ben glass.
barny's x factor will be dools and the dishot boys.not much else to pick from.
wodonga not sure depends on which kids will stay if rumors are true.
albury x factor sammy o. and marmo. same as faz.
belvoir x factor cook and lodding.he's due for big season.

any word on baranduda on which grade they will play???

Fair calls on most fronts there Big Guy.

I do believe Patties will be a solid side again this year and if Wayne Hawking gets fit they could definitely be a handful.. especieally if Naughton's workload decreses this year.
North will be strong again, Farrel coming to the helm will be a positive step after a bitter end to the last season... he has plenty of experience to draw on if he feels snowed under.
Albury will be the dark horse I feel - if new captain Marmo can bring his bits and pieces team together then who knows? Warney managed in the IPL...

Any news on movers and shakers?? Ive heard some frogsh*t ones lately but are there any confirmed movings barring all of Lavi's second grade apparently...

hears a story that will get some convo on here reckon i should work for the border mail cupido has taken a job in melbs after the completion of this years footy will not be coaching at new city and also heard that nick jenson and shannon carter from mt beauty are playing at albury this year this means albury have recruited bout 8 or 9 players nearly a whole team not sure of the quality tho

concrete boots;404595 said:
hears a story that will get some convo on here reckon i should work for the border mail cupido has taken a job in melbs after the completion of this years footy will not be coaching at new city and also heard that nick jenson and shannon carter from mt beauty are playing at albury this year this means albury have recruited bout 8 or 9 players nearly a whole team not sure of the quality tho

Would have to be a lot of quality to get Albury moving up the ladder. Jensen is solid in the District grades but can he handle himself back in provincial. Is Marmo seriously going to be the player to take them to the next level, surely not. He goes missing when it gets tough so will certainly be interesting to see how the year pan's out there.

Denny Donnis;404585 said:
Fair calls on most fronts there Big Guy.

I do believe Patties will be a solid side again this year and if Wayne Hawking gets fit they could definitely be a handful.. especieally if Naughton's workload decreses this year.
North will be strong again, Farrel coming to the helm will be a positive step after a bitter end to the last season... he has plenty of experience to draw on if he feels snowed under.
Albury will be the dark horse I feel - if new captain Marmo can bring his bits and pieces team together then who knows? Warney managed in the IPL...

Any news on movers and shakers?? Ive heard some frogsh*t ones lately but are there any confirmed movings barring all of Lavi's second grade apparently...

Comparing Warney to Marmo - can't see anything there except maybe the texting..

also heard Duane Schliebs is leaving New city and heading back to the Kiewa ground to coach the Hawks

im sure if carter wanted to play prov cricket he would play at Dederang after all its only a 15 min drive to Ranga and i thought Jensen was in Mildura or somehwere like that?
Ne1 got any news on the replacement coach at Nth,have heard a few names but think they r just rumours.
Could b an in house appointment if u ask me

Not sure Albury have made much progress in recruiting who would want to play there as i see it gary elliot is the only reason they didn't go down last year. Not sure marmos the right person to lead albury but good luck to him hope he has the right people around him, heard he has contacted nth people regretting leaving.

duanne schleibs good clubman but would struggle to get a game with all the recruits at N/city

Was surprised to see someone mention young fully to n/city with marmo gone the keeping job at north seems to be his.

Not surprised if the cupido rumour is true, wonder how it will affect n/city if true.

For me Stpats v Nth GF & mido to get raiders up against Mt beuaty

midson u know dederang and mt beauty dont get along so why would he go there mate, on another point why does everyone hate albury for and why is it such a bad club for cant things stay in the past i know us (being new city) will give them the benefit of the doubt till they do something wrong with marmo in charge that might not be long but innocent to proven guilty arent they

concrete boots;404620 said:
midson u know dederang and mt beauty dont get along so why would he go there mate, on another point why does everyone hate albury for and why is it such a bad club for cant things stay in the past i know us (being new city) will give them the benefit of the doubt till they do something wrong with marmo in charge that might not be long but innocent to proven guilty arent they

Was almost across the line last season and the kid has the ability to play provincial cricket.
Still learning the game but wouldve benefited from playing with Horey and Beau Packer last season if he hadve decided to make the move to Dederang.

concrete boots;404620 said:

Concrete Boots...you should be careful making quotes on behalf of a club. To me it sounds like you are either a fool or not from New City and just stirring the pot! Do the rest of your club support your views. Chances are the club you profess to be speaking on behalf of is sitting back thinking your an absolute fool...I have spoken to one of the Purtell boys and the New City Heirarchy are tacked off with you, and if in fact you are from New City and are identified, sounds like they will be happy to give you an open clearance. I'd pull your head in mate and incase it's too hard for you to figure out...have the nuts to speak on your own behalf, don't tag a club based on your personal opinion.:eek:

fair play but i gurantee u all my statements are true and will be proven in the coming weeks i asure u of this im not one to lie or stir the pot as u call it

concrete boots;404774 said:
fair play but i gurantee u all my statements are true and will be proven in the coming weeks i asure u of this im not one to lie or stir the pot as u call it

concrete i notice you speak on behalf of the Phoenix... do you go to the FMC at all?

bradman phase2;404795 said:
concrete i notice you speak on behalf of the Phoenix... do you go to the FMC at all?

Its pretty obvious this bloke isnt from New City BP2 - and I think a fair few people that read this thread would have a rough idea of who it is.

Back