Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Ducks fly together;306576 said:
The only unfortunate thing about the way we play our cricket is we really dont encourage alot of spinners. Its hard for someone to get a bit of purchase on pitches that, for the most part, are flat and true. They never have the chance to bowl on a cracked surface, but as is the nature of weekend/bush cricket I guess.

Got some time on my hands so my tips for the weekend (50 over games):

Wodonga over St Pats in a tight one.
North to easily beat Belvoir
Tallangatta to thump Albury
Lavi to continue their good run with a win over East
Raiders to break their duck over Yack

Will be good to see cricket back on the border this weekend!! :D

I think most pitches around town take a bit of spin, but unfortunately, there's not a lot of good spinners out there. The top 2 sides have the best, Armstrong is under-rated, & obviously Daniel.

As for your tips, i think we might see a couple of results this weekend which might surprise you, don't be startled if East beat Lavi, & Belvoir will be hard to beat at home against North.....

KokodaMidget;306966 said:
As for your tips, i think we might see a couple of results this weekend which might surprise you, don't be startled if East beat Lavi, & Belvoir will be hard to beat at home against North.....

I cant see Belvoir getting near North. last round Belvoir escaped with a 1-run win over the Raiders, North is a totally different proposition, even at home they dont match up to the hoppers.

Mind you, I would love to see the eagles win, would even up the competition nicely heading toward the finals!

old hand;306890 said:
yeah i asked the same question when we played them but apparently it a bit of a case of shit gets wickets, and besides, andy norling is sending down his spinners for them in A grade

gday guys havnt posted before but have followed for a while, old hand dovey definatly isnt a shit bowler i think anyone who can take 20 wickets in half a season has to know what they're doin dont they? cant believe anyone would take 20 wickets in half a season bowling lollypops.

and mate i cant remember who said it, whoever it was that posted before me, but as flattering as it is i dont think i would classify myself as quick there are alot quicker bowlers out there than me

The Reverse Sweeper;307102 said:
The quick from Kiewa would be Callum "Shaun Tait" Mouncey.

bowls all over the shop like tait to. too many sundries from what i saw of him!

old hand;306890 said:
yeah i asked the same question when we played them but apparently it a bit of a case of shit gets wickets, and besides, andy norling is sending down his spinners for them in A grade

gday guys havnt posted before but have followed for a while, old hand dovey definatly isnt a shit bowler i think anyone who can take 20 wickets in half a season has to know what they're doin dont they? cant believe anyone would take 20 wickets in half a season bowling lollypops.

and mate i cant remember who said it, whoever it was that posted before me, but as flattering as it is i dont think i would classify myself as quick there are alot quicker bowlers out there than me

rickta;308172 said:

right we're halfway through. whos been the destroyers with the ball, the confidence destroying bats in both divisions and all grades?

The Reverse Sweeper;307102 said:
The quick from Kiewa would be Callum "Shaun Tait" Mouncey.

KiewaOriginal;308391 said:
right we're halfway through. whos been the destroyers with the ball, the confidence destroying bats in both divisions and all grades?

Dave castello lukey restall destroyers with the bat in prov and bowlers tk and andy hill.

rickta;308172 said:

No-one has really 'lit it up' with the bat or ball all season so far. Guys have been consistent with both, scoring 30's and 40's, or taking 3fa's and 4fa's. But no one has been able to string a few scores together or take a big bag of wickets.

Mind you with the broken way the season has run this year its no surprise, 2-dayer, 20/20, 2-dayer, 20/20, 1-dayer - hard for anyone to get settled.

I reckon there may be a few in the wings ready for a big second half, I reckon Jones with the bat (should be over the shoulder issue) and Hales with the ball will both have big second halves

Dave castello lukey restall destroyers with the bat in prov and bowlers tk and andy hill.

Big Fish;305932 said:
Kiewa opening bowler with lift. probably Kelvin Bailey.
leg spinner in B's. if this year, Ben Dove.
moving it a fair bit at moment.
Agree on that about Bailey. is leading the champion player in district by a long way and has'nt had a mention in any rep cricket. Can anyone explain?

No-one has really 'lit it up' with the bat or ball all season so far. Guys have been consistent with both, scoring 30's and 40's, or taking 3fa's and 4fa's. But no one has been able to string a few scores together or take a big bag of wickets.

Mind you with the broken way the season has run this year its no surprise, 2-dayer, 20/20, 2-dayer, 20/20, 1-dayer - hard for anyone to get settled.

I reckon there may be a few in the wings ready for a big second half, I reckon Jones with the bat (should be over the shoulder issue) and Hales with the ball will both have big second halves

rickta;309500 said:
Agree on that about Bailey. is leading the champion player in district by a long way and has'nt had a mention in any rep cricket. Can anyone explain?

Was asked to play the Ensign Cup game against Benella and declined the offer.
No doubt should be getting at least a look in for the future Ensign games and also would b up to playing in the Konica Cup team if he made himself available.

Maybe Grant hasnt got his number to ask of his availability,should get his club to pass that on I reckon.

Big Fish;305932 said:
Kiewa opening bowler with lift. probably Kelvin Bailey.
leg spinner in B's. if this year, Ben Dove.
moving it a fair bit at moment.

rickta;309500 said:

After years of refusing to play maybe the selectors have given up on asking him.;)

rickta;309500 said:

Was asked to play the Ensign Cup game against Benella and declined the offer.
No doubt should be getting at least a look in for the future Ensign games and also would b up to playing in the Konica Cup team if he made himself available.

Maybe Grant hasnt got his number to ask of his availability,should get his club to pass that on I reckon.

definately marmo with the bat ,the blokes just a genius,**** he's cool,and in the heavy weight division it's got to be jones,mind you that curator theve got down at north keep's rolling up highway's is it any wonder?

rickta;309500 said:

After years of refusing to play maybe the selectors have given up on asking him.;)

it's the fence or nothin;310468 said:
definately marmo with the bat ,the blokes just a genius,**** he's cool,and in the heavy weight division it's got to be jones,mind you that curator theve got down at north keep's rolling up highway's is it any wonder?

Yeah I'm not really surprised at all that the North boys are racking up runs all the time... I certainly would hate to be a fast bowler at that club.
Though I was speaking with a bloke at North and he feels that because the deck is so bloody good that the fast bowlers improve through smaller margins for error.
He also said that M Booth's bowling has improved out of sight in regards to line and length.
I'm not so sure about Booth being an A grade standard player yet but obviously the fella is doing something right if he can break into the best side in the region.

Hey guys, just getting the ball rolling again. happy new years too everyone, and good luck for the rest of the cricket season, its a suprise that titans have made it to the grand final in the 20/20 competition, i played at titans for half this year but still think north will win quiet easily in the day/night match next weekend.Who do you reckon will make the top 3 in the 2 day form of the game?

it's the fence or nothin;310468 said:

Yeah I'm not really surprised at all that the North boys are racking up runs all the time... I certainly would hate to be a fast bowler at that club.
Though I was speaking with a bloke at North and he feels that because the deck is so bloody good that the fast bowlers improve through smaller margins for error.
He also said that M Booth's bowling has improved out of sight in regards to line and length.
I'm not so sure about Booth being an A grade standard player yet but obviously the fella is doing something right if he can break into the best side in the region.

Hey guys, just getting the ball rolling again. happy new years too everyone, and good luck for the rest of the cricket season, its a suprise that titans have made it to the grand final in the 20/20 competition, i played at titans for half this year but still think north will win quiet easily in the day/night match next weekend.Who do you reckon will make the top 3 in the 2 day form of the game?

With Titans racking up a huge score on the weekend it all may be curtains for the Raiders in provincial,
what does everyone else think ?
And what is going on at Raiders ?
:confused:They have a great ground and facilities but can't pull the players.:confused:

the raiders are doing ok.alot of new players with the merger.the kids need alot of work and are still learning.if they get over the line on saturday it will be a great win and relief.just wondering what condition the pitch will be like at bilson on saturday?????

hey middo i see that you guys have a darren elliot playing c grade.......is that the football one or another guy.

With Titans racking up a huge score on the weekend it all may be curtains for the Raiders in provincial,
what does everyone else think ?
And what is going on at Raiders ?
:confused:They have a great ground and facilities but can't pull the players.:confused:

big guys don't run;312788 said:
the raiders are doing ok.alot of new players with the merger.the kids need alot of work and are still learning.if they get over the line on saturday it will be a great win and relief.just wondering what condition the pitch will be like at bilson on saturday?????

hey middo i see that you guys have a darren elliot playing c grade.......is that the football one or another guy.

i would say the old west wod. boys would be wishing they had a time machine so they could travel back in time to last year and not merge with raiders :rolleyes:

So, whos Everyones tip for the 20\20final? Surely north would be raging favorites! Greg Daniel is back who will get dropped? gotta be unlucky

big guys don't run;312788 said:

i would say the old west wod. boys would be wishing they had a time machine so they could travel back in time to last year and not merge with raiders :rolleyes:

Steve_Woods_Chest;312972 said:

I would say that old chesty!!!! if you look through the raiders side you will find a lot of warriors taking the step up and playing well.just have a look at who scored a ton in provincal b'grade last week. if they didn't merge with raiders they woudn't have survived alone.wodonga were scared and pulled out quicker then tommy kite in a shout.

So, whos Everyones tip for the 20\20final? Surely north would be raging favorites! Greg Daniel is back who will get dropped? gotta be unlucky

Another comprehensive win from Kiewa on the weekend against another title fancy in New City.
Could this season just be a 1 horse race?
Andy Norling must have the Midas touch,cellar dweller last season to Premiership favorite in a season.

Steve_Woods_Chest;312972 said:

I would say that old chesty!!!! if you look through the raiders side you will find a lot of warriors taking the step up and playing well.just have a look at who scored a ton in provincal b'grade last week. if they didn't merge with raiders they woudn't have survived alone.wodonga were scared and pulled out quicker then tommy kite in a shout.

Powerbroker;315679 said:
Another comprehensive win from Kiewa on the weekend against another title fancy in New City.
Could this season just be a 1 horse race?
Andy Norling must have the Midas touch,cellar dweller last season to Premiership favorite in a season.

he certainly doesnt have the midas touch... the players are actually starting to click which is the main reason for the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back