Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

KokodaMidget;320537 said:
Great point Richie, if it was too hot for them to play last week, it has to be applied the same this week, so the game should be called a draw, 3 points each & no bonus points. You can't say its too hot one week & then play the next if its the same conditions, its just not cricket!!!!

CAW need to get an independant board in place so it can make a hard but neutral call on these decisions.

Flat Track Bully;320787 said:
Maybe I am missing something here....

IT IS SUMMER PEOPLE.....

For cryin out loud, we play a summer sport. Maybe we should all take a teaspoon of concrete and harden up.....

....or go waterskiin instead!!!

yes it's summer but come on!!! saftey always comes first.but also if other comps are calling games off why doesn't CAW look outside the box.In the end it was a joke that certain teams called it off and are playing a one dayer this week. Also with the amount of players ringing captains and pulling out was making it hard to find others to play.

Also heard today that MR O'DONNELL umpired in prov b'grade when umpires pulled out.Just wondering how he's feeling today????

IT IS SUMMER PEOPLE.....

For cryin out loud, we play a summer sport. Maybe we should all take a teaspoon of concrete and harden up.....

big guys don't run;320815 said:
yes it's summer but come on!!! saftey always comes first.but also if other comps are calling games off why doesn't CAW look outside the box.In the end it was a joke that certain teams called it off and are playing a one dayer this week. Also with the amount of players ringing captains and pulling out was making it hard to find others to play.

Also heard today that MR O'DONNELL umpired in prov b'grade when umpires pulled out.Just wondering how he's feeling today????

exactly big guy,these blokes that think it was alright to play obviously don't work outside in it all week, i know some pretty hard nut's that werent keen to play after a week spent concreting in the shit which is fair enough i say. once again we are back at the board for their innability to make the hard decisions leaving it to the captains.I wonder if the captains thought about the consequences if sombody did go down for whatever reason (stroke etc),something like that could really **** youre whole life up,that's why we have a board,player safety should always come first.

Flat Track Bully;320787 said:

IT IS SUMMER PEOPLE.....

it's the fence or nothin;320933 said:
exactly big guy,these blokes that think it was alright to play obviously don't work outside in it all week, i know some pretty hard nut's that werent keen to play after a week spent concreting in the shit which is fair enough i say. once again we are back at the board for their innability to make the hard decisions leaving it to the captains.I wonder if the captains thought about the consequences if sombody did go down for whatever reason (stroke etc),something like that could really **** youre whole life up,that's why we have a board,player safety should always come first.

Heaven forbid what would happen if said person had a stroke or whatever whilst he was working in the sun!!! i would say that the ramifications of workplace safety may be far greater & wider than a cricket competition, ever feel to question your employer about unsafe working conditions...?

At the end of the day, individuals decide if they want to play or not, i know all of my side were keen to play, & with weather conditions to be just as hot this weekend, (expected temp Sat 43), we shall see if the games that didn't proceed last weekend will play in the same conditions this weekend.

big guys don't run;320815 said:

KokodaMidget;320962 said:
Heaven forbid what would happen if said person had a stroke or whatever whilst he was working in the sun!!! i would say that the ramifications of workplace safety may be far greater & wider than a cricket competition, ever feel to question your employer about unsafe working conditions...?

At the end of the day, individuals decide if they want to play or not, i know all of my side were keen to play, & with weather conditions to be just as hot this weekend, (expected temp Sat 43), we shall see if the games that didn't proceed last weekend will play in the same conditions this weekend.

Will be p*ssweak if they do go ahead this week after not playing last, those games should be automaticly not played and points shared (to be fair)

it's the fence or nothin;320933 said:

Watchful Eye;320977 said:
Will be p*ssweak if they do go ahead this week after not playing last, those games should be automaticly not played and points shared (to be fair)

it would seem we have found a grey area that probably need's sorting out

Heard on the grapevine if it is as hot as last weekend the teams that failed to start last week will NOT be permitted to play this w/e.
Also heard that they will be playing 40 overs per side if the games go ahead.

Watchful Eye;320977 said:

it would seem we have found a grey area that probably need's sorting out

Heard on the grapevine if it is as hot as last weekend the teams that failed to start last week will NOT be permitted to play this w/e.
Also heard that they will be playing 40 overs per side if the games go ahead.

the board are as weak as piss, if games get started they should get finished, as it will be the same as last weeks 40 degrees plus heat to play in.
Have we got a bunch of monkeys running the league?

the chief;322128 said:
the board are as weak as piss, if games get started they should get finished, as it will be the same as last weeks 40 degrees plus heat to play in.
Sounds like a cop out so everyone ends up with the same points. Tallangatta and North driven I'd think.:confused:

The Reverse Sweeper;322150 said:
Sounds like a cop out so everyone ends up with the same points. Tallangatta and North driven I'd think.:confused:

Apparently it wasn't really a board endorsed decision more of an enforced decision from higher up... Both Wodonga and Albury councils declared the conditions to be unsatisfactory for player safety. Council obviously doesnt want any lawsuits stemming from games played on public grounds.

the chief;322128 said:

There have been so many reason why CAW called it off this week.But looking at yesterday's conditions I don't think they would have been similar to last week.I couldn't see anyone wanting to play yesterday. Just wondering how all the pitches are handling this hot weather??? It would be a nightmare for curators.

On a different subject what are the chances of Albury Titanics getting above water for next season???Got a fair write up in the Border Mail yesterday!!!!!

The Reverse Sweeper;322150 said:

Apparently it wasn't really a board endorsed decision more of an enforced decision from higher up... Both Wodonga and Albury councils declared the conditions to be unsatisfactory for player safety. Council obviously doesnt want any lawsuits stemming from games played on public grounds.

We played in Melbourne yesterday and at its hottest it was 46.4. we played until we had a result which was just after 3 and it was hard work. Then i went to watch our seconds and a 19 year old kid batted all day to make 176 not out. He cramped. the bowlers cramped. the fielders cramped. everyone was tired. They took drinks every half hour and it was amazing to watch. Even in those temperatures both teams were out there with one thing in mind and they both slogged their guts out trying to win it. Yes it was bloody hot. but our game is a test of courage as well as anything else and that game was one of the best i have ever seen. I still think the cricket should have been on in Albury. I know if i was still playing at home i would have been very dissapointed to not be playing.

There have been so many reason why CAW called it off this week.But looking at yesterday's conditions I don't think they would have been similar to last week.I couldn't see anyone wanting to play yesterday. Just wondering how all the pitches are handling this hot weather??? It would be a nightmare for curators.

On a different subject what are the chances of Albury Titanics getting above water for next season???Got a fair write up in the Border Mail yesterday!!!!!

Laser Technician;323002 said:
We played in Melbourne yesterday and at its hottest it was 46.4. we played until we had a result which was just after 3 and it was hard work. Then i went to watch our seconds and a 19 year old kid batted all day to make 176 not out. He cramped. the bowlers cramped. the fielders cramped. everyone was tired. They took drinks every half hour and it was amazing to watch. Even in those temperatures both teams were out there with one thing in mind and they both slogged their guts out trying to win it. Yes it was bloody hot. but our game is a test of courage as well as anything else and that game was one of the best i have ever seen. I still think the cricket should have been on in Albury. I know if i was still playing at home i would have been very dissapointed to not be playing.

if you want to be couragous you can always apply to be a superhero,i think you got just a bit too much sun champ,everybody cramping with sunstroke is not good for the body and is definitly not couragous.that bloke that pulled the little girl out of a burning house in the fires,now that's courage.I think the word you are looking for is stupidity.

it's the fence or nothin;323144 said:
if you want to be couragous you can always apply to be a superhero,i think you got just a bit too much sun champ,everybody cramping with sunstroke is not good for the body and is definitly not couragous.that bloke that pulled the little girl out of a burning house in the fires,now that's courage.I think the word you are looking for is stupidity.

Being a superhero takes more than courage mate. A lot of things aren't good for the body. Playing footy isnt good for your body but people will still play it?
I never said that the firemen and locals caught in the fires weren't courageous. They are and they deserve every bit of thanks and the accolades that they get. Fortunately though, our cricket ground wasn't on fire.

Laser Technician;323002 said:

i think a minute silence this saturday would be really nice we have all watched it and read about it so we are all effected in some way :)

it's the fence or nothin;323144 said:

Being a superhero takes more than courage mate. A lot of things aren't good for the body. Playing footy isnt good for your body but people will still play it?
I never said that the firemen and locals caught in the fires weren't courageous. They are and they deserve every bit of thanks and the accolades that they get. Fortunately though, our cricket ground wasn't on fire.

i think a minute silence this saturday would be really nice we have all watched it and read about it so we are all effected in some way :)

Laser Technician;323840 said:

I hate to say it but i agree with the laser tech.
When i woke up and realised i wasnt going to be playing my first thought was thank christ for that but as i thought more i realised how much i wanted to be out there, i was dissapointed,sure its hot and definetley not ideal but its situations like these that invoke spirit in players, days like that u seperate boys from men and by that i dont mean physical toughness i mean mental strength

Sure cancel the thirds as there are young kids and older guys thats fair but we are playing senior cricket here if your not fit enough to handle the heat u probably shouldnt be playing senior cricket....?

Imagine if one of australian crickets historys moments, Dean Jones magical innings of 210 in the tied test india never happened because it was to hot, a hero was born that day not because he was strong enough or stupid enough to stay out there in the heat but because he was mentally tough enough to fight through it to not give up and to fight for his teamates are these not qualities we want to find within or own mates??? we all have teammates that say i dont want to play today its too hot or its too cold or its to wet where has the passion for cricket gone?? i think we have gone a bit soft it seems there are alot more stories now of blokes not playing or leaving early because of a wedding or birthday or their girlfriend said they have to go somewhere when will cricket come first again ? never i think?

There is no need to do phsyical harm to yourself to be a hero that is not the point im trying to make my point is "good" players perform in regular conditions but champions are born when the going gets tough.

On another note i hope cricket albury wodonga get an official memorandum around to all clubs for black armbands and a minutes silence for the vic bushfire victims for this weeks games.

Hi all i think a minute silence this Saturday should happen at all games and all grades.
What is the league going to do to raise money for the fire victims???????
I'm sure every club would get behind whatever is done. (maybe a night 20/20)

tball it doesn't sound like you run in too hard if you think you would have enjoyed playing in 45 degree heat, maybe if we were getting paid as much as Dean Jones we should risk heat stroke. Yes he is a champion but if you are looking for a champion in cricket albury/wodonga you will be looking for a long time, no country Australian cricket team has 11 100% fit athletes.
The league has a duty of care as do cricket Victoria. I think the correct decision was made.

Laser Technician;323840 said:

I hate to say it but i agree with the laser tech.
When i woke up and realised i wasnt going to be playing my first thought was thank christ for that but as i thought more i realised how much i wanted to be out there, i was dissapointed,sure its hot and definetley not ideal but its situations like these that invoke spirit in players, days like that u seperate boys from men and by that i dont mean physical toughness i mean mental strength

Sure cancel the thirds as there are young kids and older guys thats fair but we are playing senior cricket here if your not fit enough to handle the heat u probably shouldnt be playing senior cricket....?

Imagine if one of australian crickets historys moments, Dean Jones magical innings of 210 in the tied test india never happened because it was to hot, a hero was born that day not because he was strong enough or stupid enough to stay out there in the heat but because he was mentally tough enough to fight through it to not give up and to fight for his teamates are these not qualities we want to find within or own mates??? we all have teammates that say i dont want to play today its too hot or its too cold or its to wet where has the passion for cricket gone?? i think we have gone a bit soft it seems there are alot more stories now of blokes not playing or leaving early because of a wedding or birthday or their girlfriend said they have to go somewhere when will cricket come first again ? never i think?

There is no need to do phsyical harm to yourself to be a hero that is not the point im trying to make my point is "good" players perform in regular conditions but champions are born when the going gets tough.

On another note i hope cricket albury wodonga get an official memorandum around to all clubs for black armbands and a minutes silence for the vic bushfire victims for this weeks games.

Nathan Salske's run-up;325005 said:
Hi all i think a minute silence this Saturday should happen at all games and all grades.

tball it doesn't sound like you run in too hard if you think you would have enjoyed playing in 45 degree heat, maybe if we were getting paid as much as Dean Jones we should risk heat stroke. Yes he is a champion but if you are looking for a champion in cricket albury/wodonga you will be looking for a long time, no country Australian cricket team has 11 100% fit athletes.
The league has a duty of care as do cricket Victoria. I think the correct decision was made.

very well put.to compare anyone round here to dean jones is just plain crazy.i think a few blokes are taking themselves just a tad too seriously.i'm pretty sure jones was'nt at work outside in the shit all week before that game like a lot of caw blokes were.lets just remember where we are and who we are.

it's the fence or nothin;325071 said:
very well put.to compare anyone round here to dean jones is just plain crazy.i think a few blokes are taking themselves just a tad too seriously.i'm pretty sure jones was'nt at work outside in the shit all week before that game like a lot of caw blokes were.lets just remember where we are and who we are.

Whats wrong was the air conditioner broken at the albury council depot last week you seem very upset about this heat????? im sure there was a nice shady tree close by though huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back