Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Here is a queston for any of the boys who went to orange who is faster steve wood or the 17 year old kid [hazlewood]from Tamworth.

Also as a side note on this i heard that thommo nearly picked up 6 leg byes of his helmet trying to duck him (hazlewood) probably should have just pulled it for 4 ha ha.

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);302071 said:
Here is a queston for any of the boys who went to orange who is faster steve wood or the 17 year old kid [hazlewood]from Tamworth.

Also as a side note on this i heard that thommo nearly picked up 6 leg byes of his helmet trying to duck him (hazlewood) probably should have just pulled it for 4 ha ha.

Hazelwood by a long way heard michael booth needs therapy after witnessing the fast bowlin by young hazelwood the next australian openin bowler

hoppers_08;302091 said:
Hazelwood by a long way heard michael booth needs therapy after witnessing the fast bowlin by the young hazelwood the next australian openin bowler

on a different note, congrats to andrew mc donald, what a fantastic acheivement from the former new city boy, andrew you have done everyone back here proud, good stuff mate...

Hazelwood by a long way heard michael booth needs therapy after witnessing the fast bowlin by young hazelwood the next australian openin bowler

Hazlewood makes Woody look like he,s bowlin underarm.
Also Wood that opened from the other end would be the quickest bowler in our district comp.
To give Thommo some credit he did well to get helmet on it.:D:D

hoppers_08;302091 said:
Hazelwood by a long way heard michael booth needs therapy after witnessing the fast bowlin by the young hazelwood the next australian openin bowler

on a different note, congrats to andrew mc donald, what a fantastic acheivement from the former new city boy, andrew you have done everyone back here proud, good stuff mate...

Also Wood that opened from the other end would be the quickest bowler in our district comp.

well done to all the players on there effort in the SCG cup.it's a shame that the best of CAW couldn'yt go for what ever reasons.it would have been good for CAW to show how strong the comp is.In saying that though the players who went did there best and it showed in the end.Maybe if it wasn't at christmas time other players may of went.Just wondering did the players have to pay their own way or did CAW pay for most of it???

Well bowled Middo in the final game.

big guys don't run;302547 said:
well done to all the players on there effort in the SCG cup.it's a shame that the best of CAW couldn'yt go for what ever reasons.it would have been good for CAW to show how strong the comp is.In saying that though the players who went did there best and it showed in the end.Maybe if it wasn't at christmas time other players may of went.Just wondering did the players have to pay their own way or did CAW pay for most of it???

Cricket NSW payed for the accomodation and CAW covered the cost of transport and meals.
I think making it to the last 4 of an 85 team competition shows how strong the league is becoming.
Thanks for the compliment on the bowling effort Big Guy but the figures were probably a bit flattering as i dont think i bowled as well as i should have!!!

big guys don't run;302547 said:

Cricket NSW payed for the accomodation and CAW covered the cost of transport and meals.
I think making it to the last 4 of an 85 team competition shows how strong the league is becoming.
Thanks for the compliment on the bowling effort Big Guy but the figures were probably a bit flattering as i dont think i bowled as well as i should have!!!

Its Honestly Middo;302222 said:

I would hardly think he would make Woody look like he is bowling underarm.

Woody is nearly 40 and Hazlewood is 17...

Woody in his 20s would of bowled high 130's if not quicker. Damien Fleming bowled 138 and oody of been that quick.

Hazlewood also will benefit from great coaching and talent ID. Woody is from country QLD and always relied on his natural ability and training at local levels. He also is a very commited family man so stayed local. If he had of been spotted as a young player he could of played State Cricket at least. The fact that you guys are still scared of Woody at his age suggests he must be still very sharp.

there is probably a few guys in both provincial and district that can bowl mid or low 130's (mostly low), most bowlers get to the mid 120s fairly easily so thered probably be a few that are quicker than they're given credit for

Its Honestly Middo;302222 said:

Woody in his 20s would of bowled high 130's if not quicker. Damien Fleming bowled 138 and oody of been that quick.

Hazlewood also will benefit from great coaching and talent ID. Woody is from country QLD and always relied on his natural ability and training at local levels. He also is a very commited family man so stayed local. If he had of been spotted as a young player he could of played State Cricket at least. The fact that you guys are still scared of Woody at his age suggests he must be still very sharp.

Outswinger;302669 said:

Dont get me wrong outswinger there was no disrespect meant in the question.

Woody probably had this kids measure at some stage in his career and im sure the guys reactions are slightly exaggerated.

Not every great bowler can get picked up early and whisked off to the city
and i think this is a good thing where else would kids like Andrew Mcdonald Dominic Thornley (who i reckon is still scared of woody) Dave Farrel and Greg Daniels be without facing that calibre of bowling while developing, not to mention the development of chessari ,brown and thompson at his own club imagine facing that in the nets every night . This is why our association is so strong

The only others who can still scare a few are really wayne hawking and andy hill on there day and naughto when he is cranky other than that we have no one with fearful pace (if i have missed anyone let me know)

there is probably a few guys in both provincial and district that can bowl mid or low 130's (mostly low), most bowlers get to the mid 120s fairly easily so thered probably be a few that are quicker than they're given credit for

got to agree, having guys of woodys standard certainly is a reason kids like dom and now faz and joey loohram developed so well while they are/were here.

is pace the big thing that scares batsman though? i mean obviously its a huge factor but i know that personally i would rather face a bloke who has extra pace over the bloke who gets unpredictable bounce. any thoughts?

Outswinger;302669 said:

Dont get me wrong outswinger there was no disrespect meant in the question.

Woody probably had this kids measure at some stage in his career and im sure the guys reactions are slightly exaggerated.

Not every great bowler can get picked up early and whisked off to the city
and i think this is a good thing where else would kids like Andrew Mcdonald Dominic Thornley (who i reckon is still scared of woody) Dave Farrel and Greg Daniels be without facing that calibre of bowling while developing, not to mention the development of chessari ,brown and thompson at his own club imagine facing that in the nets every night . This is why our association is so strong

The only others who can still scare a few are really wayne hawking and andy hill on there day and naughto when he is cranky other than that we have no one with fearful pace (if i have missed anyone let me know)

old hand;302868 said:
got to agree, having guys of woodys standard certainly is a reason kids like dom and now faz and joey loohram developed so well while they are/were here.

is pace the big thing that scares batsman though? i mean obviously its a huge factor but i know that personally i would rather face a bloke who has extra pace over the bloke who gets unpredictable bounce. any thoughts?

Yeah I agree, someone with genuine pace, if he has predictable bounce, I can play him easier than someone 10km/h slower, with steepling or unpredictable bounce. Trouble is a lot of guys with genuine pace have that bounce as well.

yeah i mean assuming both bowlers were pretty nippy anyway, its the extra bounce or unexpected bounce that i would feel is gonna get me out or injured, compared to the bloke down the other end who is sending them down 10 km's quicker but without getting it to kick up off a length or, skid the odd one through.

last game before christmas we played kiewa at home and one of there openers really got the odd one to either kick up occasionly or skid straight through. not all that often, maybe 4 or 5 times in the day but the wicket was a road, and he was probably the most dangerous bowler in there attack because of it.

old hand;302868 said:

Yeah I agree, someone with genuine pace, if he has predictable bounce, I can play him easier than someone 10km/h slower, with steepling or unpredictable bounce. Trouble is a lot of guys with genuine pace have that bounce as well.

Outswinger;302669 said:

Mite b exaggerating a bit but it was still quick lookin from the stand.
Wood Duck was and still is pretty sharp and as u say he is nearly 40.

yeah i mean assuming both bowlers were pretty nippy anyway, its the extra bounce or unexpected bounce that i would feel is gonna get me out or injured, compared to the bloke down the other end who is sending them down 10 km's quicker but without getting it to kick up off a length or, skid the odd one through.

last game before christmas we played kiewa at home and one of there openers really got the odd one to either kick up occasionly or skid straight through. not all that often, maybe 4 or 5 times in the day but the wicket was a road, and he was probably the most dangerous bowler in there attack because of it.

old hand;302847 said:

Can u name these guys 4 us please Old Hand,reckon i could name a few that would clock in that area

Outswinger;302669 said:

Mite b exaggerating a bit but it was still quick lookin from the stand.
Wood Duck was and still is pretty sharp and as u say he is nearly 40.

yeah in provincial id reckon wayne hawking, woody, naughto, mostly guys that were mentioned before a few posts up. district i reckon arent as consistent in there pace, i cant remember the bloke from dederang who could push it through... i think his name was packer but im not sure if hes playing anymore, he wasnt lightning anyway.

havent played new city yet since they came back so cant really comment on them, kiewa has 3 i think who would be up there... bartel can get a bit of pace (though i think he was sick against us last game and bowled bits of everything really) as can ash sutherland on his day and the opener that i mentioned before would have held his own with the provincial blokes fairly easily. whats furze from new city like for those who have played him? im forgetting a couple of teams at the moment so i may have left a few out

old hand;302847 said:

Can u name these guys 4 us please Old Hand,reckon i could name a few that would clock in that area

This bloke from kiewa, was he a young kid or older. the older ones name is jacob schielbs and the young kid is jessie mcinerny.
oh and old hand, is sutherland really quick. he is a good cricketer for the district comp and would make it as a batsman in the provincial comp but some of the provincial guys would just smack his bowling all around the park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back