Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Nathan Salske's run-up;325005 said:
Hi all i think a minute silence this Saturday should happen at all games and all grades.
What is the league going to do to raise money for the fire victims???????
I'm sure every club would get behind whatever is done. (maybe a night 20/20)

tball it doesn't sound like you run in too hard if you think you would have enjoyed playing in 45 degree heat, maybe if we were getting paid as much as Dean Jones we should risk heat stroke. Yes he is a champion but if you are looking for a champion in cricket albury/wodonga you will be looking for a long time, no country Australian cricket team has 11 100% fit athletes.
The league has a duty of care as do cricket Victoria. I think the correct decision was made.

very well put.to compare anyone round here to dean jones is just plain crazy.i think a few blokes are taking themselves just a tad too seriously.i'm pretty sure jones was'nt at work outside in the shit all week before that game like a lot of caw blokes were.lets just remember where we are and who we are.

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);325074 said:
Whats wrong was the air conditioner broken at the albury council depot last week you seem very upset about this heat????? im sure there was a nice shady tree close by though huh?

i would have got under it if you had left some room.enough of the heat let's talk about the rain,heard titans was a washout,some sort of supernatural flash flooding??

it's the fence or nothin;325071 said:
very well put.to compare anyone round here to dean jones is just plain crazy.i think a few blokes are taking themselves just a tad too seriously.i'm pretty sure jones was'nt at work outside in the shit all week before that game like a lot of caw blokes were.lets just remember where we are and who we are.

Whats wrong was the air conditioner broken at the albury council depot last week you seem very upset about this heat????? im sure there was a nice shady tree close by though huh?

Laser Technician;323002 said:
We played in Melbourne yesterday and at its hottest it was 46.4. we played until we had a result which was just after 3 and it was hard work. Then i went to watch our seconds and a 19 year old kid batted all day to make 176 not out. He cramped. the bowlers cramped. the fielders cramped. everyone was tired. They took drinks every half hour and it was amazing to watch. Even in those temperatures both teams were out there with one thing in mind and they both slogged their guts out trying to win it. Yes it was bloody hot. but our game is a test of courage as well as anything else and that game was one of the best i have ever seen. I still think the cricket should have been on in Albury. I know if i was still playing at home i would have been very dissapointed to not be playing.

I see where ur coming from, But... It's only a game and for people who dont get paid for it, why would u want to?
i wouldnt want to go play cricket on a saturday arvo get de-hydrated and collapse be off work for a few days
there is an arguement for both cases!!
personally i think its only a game and no need to put anyones health and safety in danger..

tball_loves_chicken(kfc);325074 said:

i would have got under it if you had left some room.enough of the heat let's talk about the rain,heard titans was a washout,some sort of supernatural flash flooding??

Laser Technician;323002 said:
We played in Melbourne yesterday and at its hottest it was 46.4. we played until we had a result which was just after 3 and it was hard work. Then i went to watch our seconds and a 19 year old kid batted all day to make 176 not out. He cramped. the bowlers cramped. the fielders cramped. everyone was tired. They took drinks every half hour and it was amazing to watch. Even in those temperatures both teams were out there with one thing in mind and they both slogged their guts out trying to win it. Yes it was bloody hot. but our game is a test of courage as well as anything else and that game was one of the best i have ever seen. I still think the cricket should have been on in Albury. I know if i was still playing at home i would have been very dissapointed to not be playing.

I see where ur coming from, But... It's only a game and for people who dont get paid for it, why would u want to?
i wouldnt want to go play cricket on a saturday arvo get de-hydrated and collapse be off work for a few days
there is an arguement for both cases!!
personally i think its only a game and no need to put anyones health and safety in danger..

Can anyone tell me how many points Nth.Albury,Tallangatta,Bethanga and Barny/Chiltern recieved for the round that was called off the 2nd week due to heat.
I believe that they only recieved 3pts each.
Mite change the position on the ladders if they recieve the average bonus pts for the round as well as the 3pts for a draw!

Latest rumour doing the rounds is that Steve Wright has retired due to stress fractures in his back.

They reckon he came off half way through an over against Yack on the weekend and had to be helped to a car and taken to hospital.

Can anyone confirm??? Hasn't made many runs this year but he'd be a big blow to their finals hopes if he couldn't play again.

Can anyone tell me how many points Nth.Albury,Tallangatta,Bethanga and Barny/Chiltern recieved for the round that was called off the 2nd week due to heat.
Mite change the position on the ladders if they recieve the average bonus pts for the round as well as the 3pts for a draw!

Its Honestly Middo;326688 said:

none of those teams got bonus points...if you look at the ladder and picked round by round box it shows they only got 3 points.

Latest rumour doing the rounds is that Steve Wright has retired due to stress fractures in his back.

They reckon he came off half way through an over against Yack on the weekend and had to be helped to a car and taken to hospital.

Can anyone confirm??? Hasn't made many runs this year but he'd be a big blow to their finals hopes if he couldn't play again.

Sir Don;326907 said:

spoke with steve last night, he said he hasnt retired....

Its Honestly Middo;326688 said:

none of those teams got bonus points...if you look at the ladder and picked round by round box it shows they only got 3 points.

Anyone keen to predict some outcomes this year ?

Final Four Provinsial :
Grand Final Provinsial :
Winner Provinsial :
Cricketer of the year Provinsial :
Relegated Provinsial :

Final Four District :
Grand Final District :
Winner District :
Cricketer of the year District :
:):):)

Sir Don;326907 said:

spoke with steve last night, he said he hasnt retired....

watchful eye;327746 said:
anyone keen to predict some outcomes this year ?

Final four provinsial :north, tallangatta, wodonga, st pats
grand final provinsial :north v tallagatta
winner provinsial :north
cricketer of the year provinsial :tim kennedy
relegated provinsial :raiders

final four district :kiewa, dederang, new city, barny
grand final district :kiewa v new city
winner district :new city
cricketer of the year district :kelvin bailey

:d:d:d

Anyone keen to predict some outcomes this year ?

Final Four Provinsial :
Grand Final Provinsial :
Winner Provinsial :
Cricketer of the year Provinsial :
Relegated Provinsial :

Final Four District :
Grand Final District :
Winner District :
Cricketer of the year District :

Well its the last round for alot of clubs.So it has come down to this round in most grades.With Raiders looking at relegation it will come down to the last game and what happens to yack!!!! New city could be the smokey's in district but Kiewa have it in the bag.North sem to be cruising but might hit a speed hump could Wodonga.It's still a long way off to grand final day so anything is possible.Will Raiders go down if they finish last is the big question???? More to the point who ever win District will they come up??? Look what happened to Yack.

watchful eye;327746 said:
anyone keen to predict some outcomes this year ?

Final four provinsial :north, tallangatta, wodonga, st pats
grand final provinsial :north v tallagatta
winner provinsial :north
cricketer of the year provinsial :tim kennedy
relegated provinsial :raiders

final four district :kiewa, dederang, new city, barny
grand final district :kiewa v new city
winner district :new city
cricketer of the year district :kelvin bailey

:d:d:d

A fair knock by Mt.Beauty's Greg McLennan yesterday with 254 at Barny. 22 sixes would have to be a record. By the look of the figures he took a liking to the spinners.

Well its the last round for alot of clubs.So it has come down to this round in most grades.With Raiders looking at relegation it will come down to the last game and what happens to yack!!!! New city could be the smokey's in district but Kiewa have it in the bag.North sem to be cruising but might hit a speed hump could Wodonga.It's still a long way off to grand final day so anything is possible.Will Raiders go down if they finish last is the big question???? More to the point who ever win District will they come up??? Look what happened to Yack.

The Reverse Sweeper;330702 said:
A fair knock by Mt.Beauty's Greg McLennan yesterday with 254 at Barny. 22 sixes would have to be a record. By the look of the figures he took a liking to the spinners.

hey thats a fair knock.they weren't to many when he came to the crease.I bet the umpires arms would have been a bit sore.:)

Just on another note i see that titans b'grade forfieted on the weekend.my questions is how can there c'grade team play when b'grade didn't???? They must been a fair bit off trouble when they started with 4 teams and just got 2 teams on park in the last round.will they be around next season??? If they pull out that might save the raiders!!!!!!

On district well done dederang on hitting there straps at the right end of the season.Maybe favourites for the flag????

no good jumping on the train now big guy, not sure the cabus(not sure on spelling) could carry you anyway.
still a very long way to go in this game let alone finals.
no one on the train is getting carried away.
old man midson and the over rated hore turned back the clock on saturday.

hey thats a fair knock.they weren't to many when he came to the crease.I bet the umpires arms would have been a bit sore.:)

Just on another note i see that titans b'grade forfieted on the weekend.my questions is how can there c'grade team play when b'grade didn't???? They must been a fair bit off trouble when they started with 4 teams and just got 2 teams on park in the last round.will they be around next season??? If they pull out that might save the raiders!!!!!!

On district well done dederang on hitting there straps at the right end of the season.Maybe favourites for the flag????

rangatrain;330745 said:
no good jumping on the train now big guy, not sure the cabus(not sure on spelling) could carry you anyway.

It's good to see the veterans doing well.But there's on veteran going around as a rookie in A provincal and doing a great job aswell.

It's ok we have our own train making it's way to the finals for the first time in many years.hopefully the ranga's can back up a good performance and make it all the way.

big guys don't run;330732 said:

I see that knock by Mclennon was at Scotts turf, Who,s the curator there? The wicket used to be terrible a couple years back! Seems that he/she must have it up and going . Small ground mind< But a terrific knock also. Give me feedback on whos the curator, he/she mightbe interested in doing the cheese,
worth a shot! that is if Kennedy will want the wicket changed for the good.
He might only get half the wickets, and Wodonga might only win half there games!!Might be method in there madness.

rangatrain;330745 said:

It's good to see the veterans doing well.But there's on veteran going around as a rookie in A provincal and doing a great job aswell.

It's ok we have our own train making it's way to the finals for the first time in many years.hopefully the ranga's can back up a good performance and make it all the way.

was some of the best hitting i have ever seen, we would have had about 4 or 5 men on the boundary on the leg side, but he just kept hitting it over our heads.

I see that knock by Mclennon was at Scotts turf, Who,s the curator there? The wicket used to be terrible a couple years back! Seems that he/she must have it up and going . Small ground mind< But a terrific knock also. Give me feedback on whos the curator, he/she mightbe interested in doing the cheese,
He might only get half the wickets, and Wodonga might only win half there games!!Might be method in there madness.

Titans to go, they have no structure,forfeited seconds ,thirds would have also forfeited if made to go up to seconds. How many chances do they want?
have they tried to get juniors ? No juniors no hope! year by year proposition.
CAW need teams with structure and stability. I dont think this relegation system is working or will work. Yack to go down , structure but no stability.
New City to come up ,structure and stability with strong junior base,Raiders to stay. Dederang?? stability might be an issue down the track.

was some of the best hitting i have ever seen, we would have had about 4 or 5 men on the boundary on the leg side, but he just kept hitting it over our heads.

Wanie eat your heart out;331098 said:
Titans to go, they have no structure,forfeited seconds ,thirds would have also forfeited if made to go up to seconds. How many chances do they want?
CAW need teams with structure and stability. I dont think this relegation system is working or will work. Yack to go down , structure but no stability.
New City to come up ,structure and stability with strong junior base,Raiders to stay. Dederang?? stability might be an issue down the track.

your comment makes alot of sense.but i'm guessing that you ain't on the CAW board!!!!!! But with New City they have a lot of older guys and seem to be struggling for numbers in the lower grades.Will it go back to wodonga & district and albury & border in the coming years???

just on the grand final being played at Xavier High School.How will CAW get around players drinking at the ground?? Or is the policy different for grand final???

Anyone heard the rumour that Micheal Connors has stepped down from his position as coach of the Baranduda Cricket Club.:eek:

Wanie eat your heart out;331098 said:

your comment makes alot of sense.but i'm guessing that you ain't on the CAW board!!!!!! But with New City they have a lot of older guys and seem to be struggling for numbers in the lower grades.Will it go back to wodonga & district and albury & border in the coming years???

just on the grand final being played at Xavier High School.How will CAW get around players drinking at the ground?? Or is the policy different for grand final???

Wanie eat your heart out;331094 said:

Big comment seeing as Wodonga have only lost one game all year and it was a home game!

100% winning record away from home is ok I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back