Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Anyone heard the rumour that Micheal Connors has stepped down from his position as coach of the Baranduda Cricket Club.:eek:

Sir Don;332196 said:
Big comment seeing as Wodonga have only lost one game all year and it was a home game!

100% winning record away from home is ok I reckon.

Settle down there Donny, I'm not going to criticise Wodonga's efforts due to their great efforts to turn things around from last year yet lets have a look at who they have played away this season...

Raiders, East Albury (Definately lacking depth yet still a close one), Yackandanda and Belvoir. With the Lavington Game hanging in the balance.

That leaves home games for Albury (Round 1 as well when they werent a bad outfit), North (the one loss), St Pats and Tallangatta (only a bees dick in it).

Now as far as I can see the stronger batting sides played Wodonga on the Cheese. Whats going to happen if they get on a Tallangatta or Lavi pitch with a flat track bully in form? I'd be pretty sure Wodonga wouldn't bowl out Tallangatta for 137 at Rowen Park?
Kennedy's bowling has been great this season with outswing at reasonable pace. Yet I can't see him destroying a line up in warm conditions on a road.

As we all know come business end of the season... it's not about Win/Loss records home and away, its about that bit extra you can get out of yourself at the right time.

Wanie eat your heart out;331094 said:
I see that knock by Mclennon was at Scotts turf, Who,s the curator there? The wicket used to be terrible a couple years back! Seems that he/she must have it up and going . Small ground mind< But a terrific knock also. Give me feedback on whos the curator, he/she mightbe interested in doing the cheese,
worth a shot! that is if Kennedy will want the wicket changed for the good.
He might only get half the wickets, and Wodonga might only win half there games!!Might be method in there madness.

Big comment seeing as Wodonga have only lost one game all year and it was a home game!

yeah i heard that michael connors is finishing up this season. coaching the rangers is hard work as the politics at the club are always on the go.

heard a rumour that three clubs are already chasing him.

Sir Don;332196 said:

Settle down there Donny, I'm not going to criticise Wodonga's efforts due to their great efforts to turn things around from last year yet lets have a look at who they have played away this season...

Raiders, East Albury (Definately lacking depth yet still a close one), Yackandanda and Belvoir. With the Lavington Game hanging in the balance.

That leaves home games for Albury (Round 1 as well when they werent a bad outfit), North (the one loss), St Pats and Tallangatta (only a bees dick in it).

Now as far as I can see the stronger batting sides played Wodonga on the Cheese. Whats going to happen if they get on a Tallangatta or Lavi pitch with a flat track bully in form? I'd be pretty sure Wodonga wouldn't bowl out Tallangatta for 137 at Rowen Park?
Kennedy's bowling has been great this season with outswing at reasonable pace. Yet I can't see him destroying a line up in warm conditions on a road.

As we all know come business end of the season... it's not about Win/Loss records home and away, its about that bit extra you can get out of yourself at the right time.

been told beer at grand final is all good not a bad choice of ground good deck and fast ground might play there next year if naughto does it again . masters game not far who will play ....best rep players ....or....best team for people to come and watch rep players for mine ACT ORANGE WANG BENELLA GRIFFITH shall i go on

yeah i heard that michael connors is finishing up this season. coaching the rangers is hard work as the politics at the club are always on the go.

heard a rumour that three clubs are already chasing him.

heard that the curator at willow park has had a few run ins with the local riff raff.....the roller was driven to the creek.also another time it was up ended.gee what a sight that would been.well just a few laughs.

with baranduda's coach leaving will the players who left return next season???? they are lacking numbers!!!

also with this masters game coming up why doesn't CAW raffle off a spot in it's 12 ????

been told beer at grand final is all good not a bad choice of ground good deck and fast ground might play there next year if naughto does it again . masters game not far who will play ....best rep players ....or....best team for people to come and watch rep players for mine ACT ORANGE WANG BENELLA GRIFFITH shall i go on

After a couple of outrights in Provincial A grade and the 2 teams facing relegation involved in them who ended up in the finals and who is heading bush next year?

It looks to me that the favourites in District would lose at least 5 of their better players if promoted anyway so Raiders/Yack might be safe unless the District premiers are told they have to go up.

heard that the curator at willow park has had a few run ins with the local riff raff.....the roller was driven to the creek.also another time it was up ended.gee what a sight that would been.well just a few laughs.

with baranduda's coach leaving will the players who left return next season???? they are lacking numbers!!!

also with this masters game coming up why doesn't CAW raffle off a spot in it's 12 ????

The Reverse Sweeper;334223 said:
After a couple of outrights in Provincial A grade and the 2 teams facing relegation involved in them who ended up in the finals and who is heading bush next year?

It looks to me that the favourites in District would lose at least 5 of their better players if promoted anyway so Raiders/Yack might be safe unless the District premiers are told they have to go up.

Raiders finished on the bottom of Provincial so will be relegated.
Who are the 5 players that would leave Kiewa if they were promoted?

Its Honestly Middo;334241 said:

Andy Norling, Spider Martin, Noel Bailey, Ray Rolfe and Dave Coulston.:D

But seriously I have a feeling a few of their footballers would pull the pin if promoted.

The Reverse Sweeper;334223 said:

Rumour has a B Grade captain miscalculating things and calling his game off early only for his side to miss playing finals by about 80 runs.

If they made the runs and won the game wouldve finished 3rd on the ladder is what ive been told.

Its Honestly Middo;334241 said:

Andy Norling, Spider Martin, Noel Bailey, Ray Rolfe and Dave Coulston.:D

But seriously I have a feeling a few of their footballers would pull the pin if promoted.

Things have been a little quiet on the Big Cricket front of late.... maybe it was only Lavington players who got here..... and they are still on Mad Monday!
What is everyones thoughts on the weekends matches.... few seemingly one sided contests between Nth & Belvoir and Wodonga & East.

My Tips..... for whats its worth.
Nth - Although Belvoir will give themselves every chance but will be beaten like a Red Headed Step Child.....
Wodonga - East only snuck in, and with all those blokes away and injured you wonder why they even bothered going for outrights the last 2 rounds.... having said that, it might be time for Wodonga to get some of there own "Cheese" medicine and be skittled for ************ all..... extremely doubtful though!
St Pats - As the paper suggests, a coin toss could determine the outcome... although, only tippin the Patties as Tallangatta has struggled since Xmas, having said that, they're likely to make 500 on day 1....

Best of luck to all concerned!

Rumour has a B Grade captain miscalculating things and calling his game off early only for his side to miss playing finals by about 80 runs.

If they made the runs and won the game wouldve finished 3rd on the ladder is what ive been told.

Flat Track Bully;336682 said:
Things have been a little quiet on the Big Cricket front of late.... maybe it was only Lavington players who got here..... and they are still on Mad Monday!
What is everyones thoughts on the weekends matches.... few seemingly one sided contests between Nth & Belvoir and Wodonga & East.

Nth - Although Belvoir will give themselves every chance but will be beaten like a Red Headed Step Child.....
Wodonga - East only snuck in, and with all those blokes away and injured you wonder why they even bothered going for outrights the last 2 rounds.... having said that, it might be time for Wodonga to get some of there own "Cheese" medicine and be skittled for ************ all..... extremely doubtful though!
St Pats - As the paper suggests, a coin toss could determine the outcome... although, only tippin the Patties as Tallangatta has struggled since Xmas, having said that, they're likely to make 500 on day 1....

north albury easily, wodonga on the bit, and tallangatta in a close one for mine

Rumour has it an opening bowler from the Ranga train was asked footy or cricket to which he chose footy.
Big loss going into finals !
Couldn't this be rectified seeing it did rain and all ?
:confused::confused::confused:

Flat Track Bully;336682 said:

north albury easily, wodonga on the bit, and tallangatta in a close one for mine

Player in question just flew in from Melbourne, after two weeks working in N.Z, and called in to see his parents at albury football club who were watching Raiders 3rds play. Was asked if he could play by coach because the side was short, said yes but only half a game. Rang Dederang cricket club coach and said he would be 30 to 45 mins late. Coach asked if he was playing footy, player said yes Middo then said if you are playing footy don't come out and play this game.Then rang back and said that goes for the rest of the season. Stupid knee jerk reaction by Middo considering said player was leading wicket taker last 2 years and equal wicket taker this year. In a 2 hour period after the footy game, said player was asked to play @ Barny Chiltern, New City, Belvoir and has been continually asked to play for North Albury next year. Hope Middo hang's around and plays/bowls for as long as said player was intending to especially when his uncle is the major sponsor of the club. Let everyone be clear it was Middos ultimatum it wasn't the players choice.

Rumour has it an opening bowler from the Ranga train was asked footy or cricket to which he chose footy.
Big loss going into finals !
Couldn't this be rectified seeing it did rain and all ?
:confused::confused::confused:

Rawka;337755 said:
Player in question just flew in from Melbourne, after two weeks working in N.Z, and called in to see his parents at albury football club who were watching Raiders 3rds play. Was asked if he could play by coach because the side was short, said yes but only half a game. Rang Dederang cricket club coach and said he would be 30 to 45 mins late. Coach asked if he was playing footy, player said yes Middo then said if you are playing footy don't come out and play this game.Then rang back and said that goes for the rest of the season. Stupid knee jerk reaction by Middo considering said player was leading wicket taker last 2 years and equal wicket taker this year. In a 2 hour period after the footy game, said player was asked to play @ Barny Chiltern, New City, Belvoir and has been continually asked to play for North Albury next year. Hope Middo hang's around and plays/bowls for as long as said player was intending to especially when his uncle is the major sponsor of the club. Let everyone be clear it was Middos ultimatum it wasn't the players choice.

Thanks for the clarity Rawka, does very much so seam like a knee jerk reaction, and not suprising the young lad has had offers elsewhere.
Shame though this happening with his uncle being major sponsor !
One could say not very tactful/proffessional by those involved.
Surely there are two sides to the story ?
Can Middo shed some light on this ?????:confused::confused::confused:

If this is the story!
I support Middo. No matter who you are, 1 season surely has to finish before you can start another.....
Priority for Footy pre-season practice matches MUST come after cricket matches and training for that matter, whilst the current season is still going...
People who play cricket and footy have an obligation to their cricket teammates to play cricket when there is a conflict between the two!!!
Can you imagine what would happen if a player in late August, early September said to their footy coach they can't train/play because they have to play a cricket trial match.... They would be laughed at and subsequently dropped!!!
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.....!!!

Rawka;337755 said:

Thanks for the clarity Rawka, does very much so seam like a knee jerk reaction, and not suprising the young lad has had offers elsewhere.

Rawka;337755 said:

you obviously dont have any idea what you are talking about there champ.
the omly facts that is true there is that he had been working in NZ for the last couple of weeks.:cool:

If this is the story!
I support Middo. No matter who you are, 1 season surely has to finish before you can start another.....
Priority for Footy pre-season practice matches MUST come after cricket matches and training for that matter, whilst the current season is still going...
People who play cricket and footy have an obligation to their cricket teammates to play cricket when there is a conflict between the two!!!
Can you imagine what would happen if a player in late August, early September said to their footy coach they can't train/play because they have to play a cricket trial match.... They would be laughed at and subsequently dropped!!!
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.....!!!

Watchful Eye;337867 said:

I could shed some light but dont feel the need to justify a decision made by the leadership group at the club to people hiding behind a computer screen and an alias.
I will say 1 thing tho and that is the players uncle is the major sponsor at Dederang and he was absolutely flabbergasted when told of the news his nephew played footy instead of a cricket final.
Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rawka;337755 said:

you obviously dont have any idea what you are talking about there champ.
the omly facts that is true there is that he had been working in NZ for the last couple of weeks.:cool:

Rawka;337755 said:

Think u have been reading too many fantasy novels Rawka

Watchful Eye;337867 said:

I could shed some light but dont feel the need to justify a decision made by the leadership group at the club to people hiding behind a computer screen and an alias.
I will say 1 thing tho and that is the players uncle is the major sponsor at Dederang and he was absolutely flabbergasted when told of the news his nephew played footy instead of a cricket final.
Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its Honestly Middo;337955 said:
Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its an in-house issue to deal with - fair enough.

I don't have any problem myself with leaving him out for the rest of the season, you play and train all year to make the finals, and then decide a footy practice match is more important? Give his spot to someone who wants to play finals in my opinion.

On another issue, apparently CAW awarded a win to the raiders in a washed out C grade final:confused:? It kept the raiders in the finals and eliminated Kiewa as a result of the deccison, can anyone shed some light on WTF happened there?

Rawka;337755 said:

Think u have been reading too many fantasy novels Rawka

Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that Middo, as I said Im sure there are two sides to the story, and if the leadership group made that decision then so be it.

Flat track, I also support players finishing off one sport before starting another, but if he was asked to play a half of footy my question earlier was surely it could have been amicablely fixed to do both.
I mean leaving a guy out for the rest of the season/forever ????

As for the C Grade match, was Raiders higher on the ladder ????

Enuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its an in-house issue to deal with - fair enough.

I don't have any problem myself with leaving him out for the rest of the season, you play and train all year to make the finals, and then decide a footy practice match is more important? Give his spot to someone who wants to play finals in my opinion.

On another issue, apparently CAW awarded a win to the raiders in a washed out C grade final:confused:? It kept the raiders in the finals and eliminated Kiewa as a result of the deccison, can anyone shed some light on WTF happened there?

The last thing i will say on the matter of leaving a player out is,if we put the said player on our teamsheet too play and he does an injury in the half hr to 45 minutes he played footy where does that leave the team.
It leaves them 1 PLAYER SHORT for a finals game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back