Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Ritchie;344078 said:
Yes iagree but will the North Albury Juggernaut roll on??

I have jheard that Dederang are out and after Rocket barton plus would be searching to get Marmo and Hill back....good luck Dederang it will take a pretty big brown paper bag to draw players away from North out to an inferior complex.

It will be interesting to see if Albury have a club as there are plenty of rumours surrounding them....i geuss them falling over could be the one thing that saves Raiders???

I hear the silly season has started already with Luke Restall being contacted be every single club....take your phone off the hook Lukey and have a spell for a while.

Will Lavy try and get their West Indian over again?? I am told its a rocky boat up there at the moment!!:rolleyes:

Bit early for the rumours to start flying isn't it???

It's pretty obvious that Luke Restall is going to be in the sights of other club's waiting to see what's going to happen with Titans but I reckon there will be some others too. Dan Markham still has a few clubs left that he hasn't played for (especially since the merger!), and a couple of their younger players would be handy pickups.

After their poor finish to the year you'd think Lavington will definitely be looking to get the West Indian over. I haven't heard anything about it being a "rocky boat" but some of their key players are on the wrong side of 30 (Damien Baker and Steve Wright in particular) so it will be interesting to see how they line up next season. They've probably been one of the most stable clubs in the comp over the years so it'd be good to know what's rocking the boat Ritchie?

It'll also be interesting to see what happens with North Albury during the off season. Dederang are obviously keen to get Hill and Marmo back and you'd think that David Farrell will be going on to bigger and better things. I'm sure there will also be the usual rumours about guys not wanting to play if Jack is captain etc. You have to give them credit though. Every year there is talk of unrest but they just keep winning so good luck to them.

Wodonga obviously took a huge step forward and they'll be looking to go one better next year. TK obviously carried too much of the workload this year and they'll need a couple of others to stand up if they're going to challenge for a flag but some of their kids really impressed this year.

It's been another big year. Looking forward to it all starting again in six months time. Let the rumours begin!

The Fast Man;344444 said:
Middo to step down as Captain/Coach at Dederang,will be assistant coach to Dan Markham next season after Markham was nearly lured out to Dederang this season.
Dan to be Captain and a playing coach,Middo to be non playing assistant coach!

News to me Fast man

Sir Don;344325 said:
Bit early for the rumours to start flying isn't it???

It's pretty obvious that Luke Restall is going to be in the sights of other club's waiting to see what's going to happen with Titans but I reckon there will be some others too. Dan Markham still has a few clubs left that he hasn't played for (especially since the merger!), and a couple of their younger players would be handy pickups.

After their poor finish to the year you'd think Lavington will definitely be looking to get the West Indian over. I haven't heard anything about it being a "rocky boat" but some of their key players are on the wrong side of 30 (Damien Baker and Steve Wright in particular) so it will be interesting to see how they line up next season. They've probably been one of the most stable clubs in the comp over the years so it'd be good to know what's rocking the boat Ritchie?

It'll also be interesting to see what happens with North Albury during the off season. Dederang are obviously keen to get Hill and Marmo back and you'd think that David Farrell will be going on to bigger and better things. I'm sure there will also be the usual rumours about guys not wanting to play if Jack is captain etc. You have to give them credit though. Every year there is talk of unrest but they just keep winning so good luck to them.

Wodonga obviously took a huge step forward and they'll be looking to go one better next year. TK obviously carried too much of the workload this year and they'll need a couple of others to stand up if they're going to challenge for a flag but some of their kids really impressed this year.

It's been another big year. Looking forward to it all starting again in six months time. Let the rumours begin!

Middo to step down as Captain/Coach at Dederang,will be assistant coach to Dan Markham next season after Markham was nearly lured out to Dederang this season.

Heard Belvoir have landed a couple o big fish in the way of Wayne Hawking and Restall as well.

Big things going on at North this coming season... Andrew Hill to stay in England for next season, Farrel to move to Melbourne, Castello to retire, Jones staying in England, Marmo back to Dederang.

Dan Dixon to go to Tallangatta.

Markham to head to East Albury also.

Dederang have apparently signed Darren Peterson on the proviso he seeks a sponsorship from huggies.

The Fast Man;344444 said:

News to me Fast man

Early signings again at Kelly Park,former Baranduda coach Michael Connors to take the reins at The Eagles.

Also former Titans batsman Niall Seewang to line up at Kelly Park and I believe will be assistant coach.

Heard Belvoir have landed a couple o big fish in the way of Wayne Hawking and Restall as well.

Big things going on at North this coming season... Andrew Hill to stay in England for next season, Farrel to move to Melbourne, Castello to retire, Jones staying in England, Marmo back to Dederang.

Dederang have apparently signed Darren Peterson on the proviso he seeks a sponsorship from huggies.

Denny Donnis;345666 said:

Farrell going to melbourne soon... Hill to come back after christmas, not sure who for, i hear he might spend the last half of the season out the hume league for the Astor, Marmo to Thurgoona bulldogs with clint gilson and aydan brown.
i also hear Kane Rhienberger has had enough and is going into early retirement.
havent heard alot about other clubs!

Early signings again at Kelly Park,former Baranduda coach Michael Connors to take the reins at The Eagles.

Also former Titans batsman Niall Seewang to line up at Kelly Park and I believe will be assistant coach.

Denny Donnis;345666 said:

Farrell going to melbourne soon... Hill to come back after christmas, not sure who for, i hear he might spend the last half of the season out the hume league for the Astor, Marmo to Thurgoona bulldogs with clint gilson and aydan brown.
i also hear Kane Rhienberger has had enough and is going into early retirement.
havent heard alot about other clubs!

brendon klien boonsgate to lavington
luke restall to st pats
dan markham has moved to melb
titans 3 main players gone for 1st grade, with the players that got kicked out,carnt see them having a club in 09/10.
raiders might be safe

Just thought I'd start a new topic.

Do you think that juniors should be banned from switching clubs midway through a season?

I have heard that Jesse Griffiths from Wodonga is looking for a switch to North Albury.
Also Spencer from Raiders is moving to Belvoir.
Sparks moved from Raiders midway through last year to East Albury and left his juniors team up shit creek for the rest of the season.
I don't think this should of been allowed.
What do you think?

brendon klien boonsgate to lavington
luke restall to st pats
dan markham has moved to melb
titans 3 main players gone for 1st grade, with the players that got kicked out,carnt see them having a club in 09/10.
raiders might be safe

BigFella;347181 said:

Do you think that juniors should be banned from switching clubs midway through a season?

I have heard that Jesse Griffiths from Wodonga is looking for a switch to North Albury.
Sparks moved from Raiders midway through last year to East Albury and left his juniors team up shit creek for the rest of the season.
What do you think?

Big Spence will only go to Belvoir if his mate Nat Sariman doesnt go to Melbourne.
Midway thru a season I dont think should be allowed but before a season starts as is the case with Spencer and griffiths I rekn there is no way a club can stop a junior leaving if his or her parents give permission.

What do you think?

if they dont like the club there playing for they should be allowed to leave and whoever is saying griffiths is moving to north is very wrong

BigFella;347181 said:

What do you think?

Big Spence will only go to Belvoir if his mate Nat Sariman doesnt go to Melbourne.
Midway thru a season I dont think should be allowed but before a season starts as is the case with Spencer and griffiths I rekn there is no way a club can stop a junior leaving if his or her parents give permission.

if they dont like the club there playing for they should be allowed to leave and whoever is saying griffiths is moving to north is very wrong

harryhoward;346858 said:
steve baker to new city...

It will be interesting to see who New City pick up. I am told by cricket officials that the club structure they are putting in place is pretty good and i geuss this would be a very attractive new "in town" club for anyone looking for a change to suit up for.

All early days yet and a player like Steve Baker will be just what they need (if this is true) after picking up Furze last year, but judging by their performance last year you would think they need to target batsmen?? (Maybe someone from New City or Middo could comment here)

Have heard Purtell going to Bethanga which is another club that doesn't need too much to really push for promotion, thay have some good younger players.

In my opinion the two competitions appear to be getting closer with the top 4 sides in District certainly capable of beating the bottom four sides in provincial....still a fair distance between the top four in provincial to the rest.

Would Steve Baker attract other quality players to New City? :confused:

Interesting to see a few of the younger guys getting on here and bringing their own names into the discussion with the like of John Spencer (Big Fella) and Jesse Grifiths (Griff61).

Must be a slow winter I thinks.

Could be an interesting run up to the season this year with the Titans problems. Will they/wont they have a team? If they say yes we do and 3 weeks later have to forfeit, what impact could that have?? Also, no draw can be finalised until they are sure one way or the other, throwing the district comp in limbo too, with the raiders hanging to see which comp they are in!

harryhoward;346858 said:
steve baker to new city...

It will be interesting to see who New City pick up. I am told by cricket officials that the club structure they are putting in place is pretty good and i geuss this would be a very attractive new "in town" club for anyone looking for a change to suit up for.

All early days yet and a player like Steve Baker will be just what they need (if this is true) after picking up Furze last year, but judging by their performance last year you would think they need to target batsmen?? (Maybe someone from New City or Middo could comment here)

Have heard Purtell going to Bethanga which is another club that doesn't need too much to really push for promotion, thay have some good younger players.

In my opinion the two competitions appear to be getting closer with the top 4 sides in District certainly capable of beating the bottom four sides in provincial....still a fair distance between the top four in provincial to the rest.

BigFella;347181 said:

What do you think?

whoever from raiders is bitching about me leaving should get over it.

Interesting to see a few of the younger guys getting on here and bringing their own names into the discussion with the like of John Spencer (Big Fella) and Jesse Grifiths (Griff61).

Must be a slow winter I thinks.

Could be an interesting run up to the season this year with the Titans problems. Will they/wont they have a team? If they say yes we do and 3 weeks later have to forfeit, what impact could that have?? Also, no draw can be finalised until they are sure one way or the other, throwing the district comp in limbo too, with the raiders hanging to see which comp they are in!

A few rumours around as always happens at this time of year,
Scott Vincent to Kiewa,
Dan Dixon to Dederang,these are just a couple I heard in the last few days

BigFella;347181 said:

What do you think?

whoever from raiders is bitching about me leaving should get over it.

Ritchie;348029 said:

Are you sure Purtell has enough room for all the different caps??
You are right in regard to Steve Baker, he would attract good players to New City because he goes about the right way. Plays hard and enjoys himself after the game. Maybe just what City needs, a good hard nut.
The top 4 in Provincial and the other 13 or 14 clubs have smoe distance to make up but from what i'm hearing about the North players maybe they need to rebuild too??

Scott Vincent to Kiewa,

The Fast Man;349551 said:
Scott Vincent to Kiewa,

Kiewa already has a left arm spinner

Ritchie;348029 said:

Are you sure Purtell has enough room for all the different caps??
You are right in regard to Steve Baker, he would attract good players to New City because he goes about the right way. Plays hard and enjoys himself after the game. Maybe just what City needs, a good hard nut.
The top 4 in Provincial and the other 13 or 14 clubs have smoe distance to make up but from what i'm hearing about the North players maybe they need to rebuild too??

Have heard that Steve Baker to New City is confirmed!

Although leaving Provincial Club Lavington Panthers...my sources state that the parting was 'in good spirits' and Steve was just seeking 'new opportunities'.

Rumours have it as a blow-out between him and Damian Baker??? For those that know Damian has had his moments of 'hot headedness' in the past and always plays with his heart on a string...I guess time will tell if Steve can atttract any new blood to the Phoenix?

Perhaps with the possible signing of Baker to Phoenix, this may attract the likes of Restall or Hawkins to New City....and maybe a Premiership and birth in Provincial for 2010/11??

What other movements are on the go???:eek:

The Fast Man;349551 said:
Scott Vincent to Kiewa,

Kiewa already has a left arm spinner

why would restall go to a second division club,when he is the best cricketer in the riverina.
and for hawking,he wouldnt want to play without his mate sewagg.

keep dreaming city you pretenders,to go up you need blokes under 40,get stuay paul in to open.lol

Have heard that Steve Baker to New City is confirmed!

Although leaving Provincial Club Lavington Panthers...my sources state that the parting was 'in good spirits' and Steve was just seeking 'new opportunities'.

Rumours have it as a blow-out between him and Damian Baker??? For those that know Damian has had his moments of 'hot headedness' in the past and always plays with his heart on a string...I guess time will tell if Steve can atttract any new blood to the Phoenix?

Perhaps with the possible signing of Baker to Phoenix, this may attract the likes of Restall or Hawkins to New City....and maybe a Premiership and birth in Provincial for 2010/11??

What other movements are on the go???:eek:

Mmm, plenty of talk about new city on here guys, to me that either says it is New City people OR this club has the others looking over their shoulder at them!! i think it could be abit of both.

My personal point of view on this club is simply this: Appear to be going about it the right way, have good people leading the club off the field, the club is still in its infancy and it is based in town at a pretty good location and facility. Not sure why the current competition they play in has anything to do with attracting good players, this club will end up in provincial its just a matter of when so if a club has the right environment is the current grade they play in really that important?

Here is a question for all:

What is it that attracts a player to a club? Is it the grade that the club is playing in and only that or is it really about structure, environment and fun? OR for some it may well be about the Neville!

Well done to Steve Baker, he should go well and yes i agree he is just what the phoenix need (plus he has his brothers running this club). I have no doubt that he will attract other better cricketers to this club and i personally see it as a sign that new city are ready to have a fair dinkum crack at winning district and moving into the provincial ranks...good luck boys! and Luke restall is an ex New City player (although this is a different entity) why wouldn't he consider going back to play for a club that harbours the name of where it all started for him, very interesting.:cool:

why would restall go to a second division club,when he is the best cricketer in the riverina.
and for hawking,he wouldnt want to play without his mate sewagg.

keep dreaming city you pretenders,to go up you need blokes under 40,get stuay paul in to open.lol

Ritchie;348029 said:

Dont think New City needed any more quality bats than wot they had this yr probably just need the blokes they have got to not b so aggressive so early in thier innings.

Bowling wise they probably had the best bowler in the comp in Furze,problem was the big fella bowled too well on more than 1 occasion.

Bakes will be a handy pick up for The Pheonix but im not sure he is the high Profile player that a club could recruit around.

Not taking anything away from Bakes he has been and still is a terrific bowler,just hope he doesnt have the same problem that furzy had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back