Cricket Biographies

ioppolo

Who's reading about who?

I own a few and plan on adding to my collection. Hayden, Hussey, Brett Lee, Ian Chappell & Ponting's books are the ones I currently own, as well as the Ashes diary from our last tour to England. Would have to say Ponting's is the one that's interested me the most so far.

Do you really read those things. I take it you mean Auto-biographies where the player seems to always see their time at the top as some kind of fantasy story. If you want a real ripping yarn try Winston Churchhill's auto-biography. He thought so much of himself that he wrote 6 volumes of self praise. Funny when a biography is published the people never seem quite so fussed about the truth from an others point of view.

Churchill got Great Britain over the line in WW2 half cut for most of it, that's gotta count for something.

Do you really read those things. I take it you mean Auto-biographies where the player seems to always see their time at the top as some kind of fantasy story. If you want a real ripping yarn try Winston Churchhill's auto-biography. He thought so much of himself that he wrote 6 volumes of self praise. Funny when a biography is published the people never seem quite so fussed about the truth from an others point of view.
Did he ever mention that his valet "Inches" had to dry him with a towel whenever he finished his bath.

Back