Cricket Helmet

Cricket Helmet

Help!

I want to buy a new cricket helmet but don't have a clue where to start. All I know is that I want a blue one (sorry, makes me sound like a right woman!).

What is out there in terms of price, value, quality, name etc. I used to like the C&D Albion ones but I'm not to sure about their current design, can anyone recommend something?

Re: Cricket Helmet

If you want to live after a bouncer onto the head, then Masuri is the best, but the cloth wears and looks scruffy after a while. Albion are great and with the T22 grill, it's like wearing a cap, that keeps you alive. It would depend how much a price you want to put on your head...Masuri or Albion are well known and used by the majority.

There are plenty of helmets on the market, try on some of your cricket mates to see which sits best and make sure you try on what you are buying, there's nothing worse than shaping you a great pull shot and the helmet shifts and covers your vision.

i dont wear a helmet because they are not very comfortable. i do have a GN one though which is good when i play against the older people who are very quick.

I'd recommend either Masuri or Albion but it depends on your budget.

Aas leggeb4 says, make you sure try it on and gets one that fits. It's worthwhile going to a proper cricket warehouse as the staff will hopefully know what they're doing.

Normally use the old trusty Albion if I had to get a new one then I may look at Masuri or something else. As long as it meets all the required standards can't see brand being an issue.

hey what to people rckn about the
grey nics preds
GN-HelmetPreditor.jpg

or the

kookaburra Kooka Warrior Helmet

KookWarriorHelmet.jpg

they both new designs...wonder if they are good..since they look similiar..

Wouldnt fancy the second one! Looks a bit weak and like if i got a quick one at my head it would smash and take my head with it! :eek:

I'd get a masuri if i were you very comfortable and a reasonable price and they obviously offer great protection.Don't get an albion otherwise you will look like a lollipop!

The Grey Nicholls one looks ok not sure about the Kook though, just looks a little wrong to me - not sure why though.

Have to agree with Dikon, though, Masuri is probably the sensible choice for most, reasonable price, good brand history and offers good protection.

Almost_Austwick said:
You'll be ok as long as you stick with blue. Anything too bright will really make you look like a lollipop! :eek:

Hmmm like green.Guy at my club has a green albion that's where i got the lollipop from.

When I did a stint of scoring in a fast twenty20 season, the score boxes were often so far away that all you could see were helmets on the top of white sticks.

Now I thought it would be a great idea to have 11 different coloured helmets to make identification easier; the pink one reserved for the previous game's duck!

Liz Ward said:
When I did a stint of scoring in a fast twenty20 season, the score boxes were often so far away that all you could see were helmets on the top of white sticks.

Now I thought it would be a great idea to have 11 different coloured helmets to make identification easier; the pink one reserved for the previous game's duck!

All I can say is that I'm glad your not in charge of club policy where I play. I'd probably be stuck with that helmet for most of the year :p.

Almost_Austwick said:
Not much, just the shape really, a little rounded shall we say?

I'll post a photo if I can grab one.

cric_TS_EliteHelmet.gif

Doesn't really do it justice! Custom colours are a bit limited but no pink so we're safe from Liz!

Back