Cricket Photos

Nice work @ Brian Lara Brian Lara . Some really good pics there.

Shame about the crowd though, looks to be hardly anyone there. Thought the day/night stuff might drag a few people along.

It didn't appear to be much more or less than a regular, daytime match. The rest of the crowd was mainly behind the camera. You weren't allowed to scatter around the ground

It didn't appear to be much more or less than a regular, daytime match. The rest of the crowd was mainly behind the camera. You weren't allowed to scatter around the ground

How many people were there approximately? I don't think Australia playing a test match and the game being mid-week would have helped.

If they started the game on a Friday people might be more inclined to watch the game over the weekend, particularly in there was a public holiday weekend in there or something.

Any word on how the pink ball went?

Judging from the scores, it certainly helps the bowlers a bit more as they're extracting a lot more movement in the air due to the conditions, particularly when the game approaches the twilight/night stage of each day. The pink ball also seems to last longer than the white ball.

Overall I think it went okay. Cricket Australia would be much better off trialling these games in the first half of the season rather than in the second last round when a spot in the final is on the line.

Yeah, what Ljp86 said. I could see much from where I was sitting.

As far as the people there? I remember counting 57, in the section I was at. You could probably add another couple of dozen or so from other areas I could see, but couldn't make out exact numbers,

Queensland batsman Chris Lynn said he struggled to see the white seam on the pink ball, which made it hard to pick swing and spin from the bowler's hand, and Victoria's captain Matthew Wade said he could not see day-night Test cricket happening quickly. The Victoria coach Greg Shipperd said from the rooms he found the ball difficult to see and it went too soft too soon, and the pink colour could scrape off the surface of the ball, leaving dark patches.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/726721.html

Judging from the scores, it certainly helps the bowlers a bit more as they're extracting a lot more movement in the air due to the conditions, particularly when the game approaches the twilight/night stage of each day. The pink ball also seems to last longer than the white ball.
iirc back when they had DN Shield games in 90s there was a lot of declarations around dusk to take advantage of difficult batting conditions for the opposition.

Back