Cricket Quizzes

^
Throughout history most of the cricket rules suffered modifications. Which is the only rule that did not change over time?

There are many

Use bat and ball

Umpire decides, not the audience

Dont beat up the opposition

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p

only law of Cricket that has not had any changes or modifications is the length of the pitch. :)

Last edited:
Here are few from me

1. who was the first batsman to be dismissed (run out) by using the television replays by the third umpire..??

2. Name the match where 4 stumps were used instead of 3..?

3.Name the match which has most extras in an innings..??

4. How many teams participated in Olympic cricket matches.. name the gold medalist..??

Last edited:
Here are few from me

1. who was the first batsman to be dismissed (run out) by using the television replays by the third umpire..??

2. Name the match where 4 stumps were used instead of 3..?

3.Name the match which has most extras in an innings..??

4. How many teams participated in Olympic cricket matches.. name the gold medalist..??
Too hard for me mate :D

Too hard for me mate :D

Well here are the answers for you

1. Sachin Tendulkar in India vs South Africa is the first batsman to be dismissed by third umpire, Jonty Rhodes was the fielder. Another interesting fact is next day, in the same test match, Jonty Rhodes was given run out by the third umpire.This time the fielder was none other than Sachin Tendulkar.!! :D

2. An experimental game was played at Lords in 1963 to look at the effects of adjusting two features of cricket : the size of the wickets and the LBW rule......in order to create a wicket of width 11 inches rather than 9 inches,four stumps were used in that trial match.

3. @ ioppolo ioppolo got that one....

4. Cricket has appeared in the Olympics only twice. The first time was in 1896 in Athens, but it was cancelled since there wasn't enough teams to compete. Then, in 1900 at the Paris Olympics, only two teams were able to compete... Britain and France. The winner, Great Britain, received the gold medal..... :D :p

Some fairly simple ones..

Who was the only team to defeat New Zealand at the 1992 World Cup?
How many World Cups did Australia's Tom Moody play in?
Which bowler has taken a hat-trick on their 26th birthday?

Back