Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Bad luck too to Middle Park, who were relegated to Div 2 despite finishing 7th. Seems like there's no rule allowing relegation from 7th out of Championship, but you can be relegated in lower divisions. I might check out the rules... Here's the leader article announcing the decision:
Best thing for the Parkers , can go back and regroup , get some wins and success and comeback.

Parkdale with some handy (& interesting) signings for the upcoming Season so far!

Vandort back from Springvale South and a trio of Carnegie players in Gandhi, Harsolia & Jain.

Parkdale with some handy (& interesting) signings for the upcoming Season so far!

Vandort back from Springvale South and a trio of Carnegie players in Gandhi, Harsolia & Jain.
From according to my Carnegie spies the above players won't be missed
Gandhi is the only 1 of 3 that is of 1st standered .
Harsolia was only in 1st last year as he was a mate of the former captain of the 1st and Jain is only a 2nds player but good luck to them.

From according to my Carnegie spies the above players won't be missed
Gandhi is the only 1 of 3 that is of 1st standered .
Harsolia was only in 1st last year as he was a mate of the former captain of the 1st and Jain is only a 2nds player but good luck to them.

Gandhi’s been a consistent run scorer for Carnegie across his 3 Seasons- But fair to say isn’t the most popular player in CSB which is surprising that Parky picked him up!

Harsolia will probably be handy for them as a wicket keeper.

And I think Jain is still young. Had a handy season in their 2’s last year with bat & ball and I’m sure could play a role in Parkdale’s 1st XI.

Vandort will be very good coming back into their side as well!

Gandhi’s been a consistent run scorer for Carnegie across his 3 Seasons- But fair to say isn’t the most popular player in CSB which is surprising that Parky picked him up!

And I think Jain is still young. Had a handy season in their 2’s last year with bat & ball and I’m sure could play a role in Parkdale’s 1st XI.

Anything to help the depth of the club will be good out 2s and 3s have been traditionally strong but struggled last year so we will welcome them all!!

Gandhi is a good bat
Harsolia is a good keeper but can't bat in the top 6 and the reason his leaving as he wanted money again not good to be payed
Jain can bat at 2nd X1 level but technically his going up 3 grades from Division 3 to Championship level will struggle I think.
As for Vandort never seen him play but according to some friends that play in the DDCA can play.
Hay good luck to all the above players but with Champions grade to proberly going to be it's best year coming up for standerd .
I'm predicting South Caulfield Bombeach Beamauris Mordialloc and Bentleigh being the teams to beat.
It would be a Cinderella story for the CSB if either Bombeach could win it's 1st Championship flag after missing out last year or the new boys Mordialloc win it in its 1st year.
Hopefully the CSB will continue to get stronger again across all grades.

Have heard Dervan’s left Carrum Downs and is back at Heatherton.

Drew is a serious signing for Bentleigh. Will be one of the best players in the Competition along with Kulasekara at Mordy you’d think.

Bentleigh have been busy in the off season and have recruited very well. Street back in their 2nd XI is a great move for development of the Club as well.

Haven’t heard much out of South Caulfiled? I believe Erasmus has re-signed which is great for them. And Bonbeach have re-signed their 2 Sri Lankan Overseas from last Season. Carnegie have a lost a few players as well, so interesting to see how they shape up.

Back