Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Championship Division will be a strong 5 club race then drop off I’d say.

Impossible to compete with the big cashed up clubs!
Who are the big cashed up clubs? Souths, Bentleigh, Bonbeach, Beauy, Mordi? More than half in that grade. Carnegie have played finals too. Anyone of 5 teams can win it, very even going into a season.

Championship will be very tight this year. And looks like there's more then 5 x Clubs spending.

Going back 3 years ago there was a big gap between the top 2-3 sides and the rest of the Competition. And even South Caulfield and the rest.

Last few Seasons it's closed slightly and now with the introduction of Mordialloc will be even closer.

Beaumaris : Have lost Klassen & Lynch- But picked up Miller. With more recruits to come? Will be competitive as they were last Season.
Bentleigh : Were in the mix last Season and have recruited very strong in Off-Season.
Bonbeach : Look to have similar side from last Season.
Carnegie : Replaced UK Quick with another UK Quick Bowler. Lost 3 x Players to Parkdale. Not sure of any other signings ? So they might be one that slides down the ladder.
Hampton : Still have Forbes and will no doubt have some strong Pro's from UK as always. Interesting to see if Day is playing for them this Season? Nearly 300 Runs in 4 x Games & a serious player.
Mordialloc : Bit of an unknown in this League. With Ian Daniel & Kulasekara they will be strong.
Parkdale : Despite finishing 7th they did beat some strong sides last Season. Lost a few players & have added some more experienced players to strengthen their batting.
South Caulfield : Similar side to Premiership team? Plenty of depth to cover a few loses anyway!

Championship will be very tight this year. And looks like there's more then 5 x Clubs spending.

Going back 3 years ago there was a big gap between the top 2-3 sides and the rest of the Competition. And even South Caulfield and the rest.

Last few Seasons it's closed slightly and now with the introduction of Mordialloc will be even closer.

Beaumaris : Have lost Klassen & Lynch- But picked up Miller. With more recruits to come? Will be competitive as they were last Season.
Bentleigh : Were in the mix last Season and have recruited very strong in Off-Season.
Bonbeach : Look to have similar side from last Season.
Carnegie : Replaced UK Quick with another UK Quick Bowler. Lost 3 x Players to Parkdale. Not sure of any other signings ? So they might be one that slides down the ladder.
Hampton : Still have Forbes and will no doubt have some strong Pro's from UK as always. Interesting to see if Day is playing for them this Season? Nearly 300 Runs in 4 x Games & a serious player.
Mordialloc : Bit of an unknown in this League. With Ian Daniel & Kulasekara they will be strong.
Parkdale : Despite finishing 7th they did beat some strong sides last Season. Lost a few players & have added some more experienced players to strengthen their batting.
South Caulfield : Similar side to Premiership team? Plenty of depth to cover a few loses anyway!

The addition of Mordialloc is great for the competition no doubt will strengthen the top end.
Parkdale’s recent tattslotto win is providing some slush funds for their signings
Hampton to struggle.
Carnegie you never know they could get some first class players from Pakistan / India who can be very handy. My bet is they struggle.
Bonny - same same.
Beauy - what they gain they’ve lost so same as last year
SCCC / Erasmus CC - will go well yet again
Bentleigh - big watch on them this year. Have gone big after a disappointing year last year.

Anyone give a toss about Div 1?

Assy- triple treat?
Beena have got to do something at some stage, you’d think?
Mentone - too many passengers
Brighton / Blignaut CC - refer to previous comment about passengers.
Oms - who knows nearly every player is an overseas
St Brigid’s - getting a few back after moving to CSB
McKinnon - you’d think would be competitive coming down
Bayside - bottom

The addition of Mordialloc is great for the competition no doubt will strengthen the top end.
Parkdale’s recent tattslotto win is providing some slush funds for their signings
Hampton to struggle.
Carnegie you never know they could get some first class players from Pakistan / India who can be very handy. My bet is they struggle.
Bonny - same same.
Bentleigh - big watch on them this year. Have gone big after a disappointing year last year.

Assy- triple treat?
Bayside - bottom
Seems a pretty fair summation to me. Mordialloc look like a contender in Champ, and suspect, like you, that Hampton will be strugglers. In Div 1 I have no idea what St Brigids bring. Early last season I was told that OM would be exiting 2-day cricket, but there's been no mention anywhere during the off season - anybody heard anything? The AGM was last week - any news?

Seems a pretty fair summation to me. Mordialloc look like a contender in Champ, and suspect, like you, that Hampton will be strugglers. In Div 1 I have no idea what St Brigids bring. Early last season I was told that OM would be exiting 2-day cricket, but there's been no mention anywhere during the off season - anybody heard anything? The AGM was last week - any news?

I can only assume if that’s true a decision would need to be made fairly quickly...the league has told clubs they aren’t getting promoted and now we hear they don’t even want to play?

I can only assume if that’s true a decision would need to be made fairly quickly...the league has told clubs they aren’t getting promoted and now we hear they don’t even want to play?
To be fair, I was told that after round 2, or thereabouts, and playing in the finals might have made a few want to go round again.

Hampton to struggle.
Bonny - same same.

Assy- triple treat?
Bayside - bottom

Cashed up I've played at parky for almost 20 years and I can tell you there's no lotto wins or benefactors just years and years of hard work coming to fruition. With the losses in personnel we had it was either spend or be uncompetitive. We arguably have the best facilities in the Comp with brand new club rooms brand new nets and a ground that was recently resurfaced. Hopefully we can become more of a destination club going forward. Exciting times!!

Shows my age. Shall I call it not real cricket? Fake? Unrealistic?
Your choice.
Smashed up, you've obviously got dementia considering your age, but to underrate synthetic comps shows your turf bias is somewhat out dated. SECA touched up CSB on a great day at Parkdale last season, great game and good standard. Unfortunately, some of the egos from the high paid turfies got ahead of themselves and bang, game over. Cant wait to see them come to the Fake, Unrealistic, not real cricket this season and cop a another beating, might have to learn to play the ball above pad height for a change.

Smashed up, you've obviously got dementia considering your age, but to underrate synthetic comps shows your turf bias is somewhat out dated. SECA touched up CSB on a great day at Parkdale last season, great game and good standard. Unfortunately, some of the egos from the high paid turfies got ahead of themselves and bang, game over. Cant wait to see them come to the Fake, Unrealistic, not real cricket this season and cop a another beating, might have to learn to play the ball above pad height for a change.

"High Paid Turfies" - No one in SECA getting paid ??

Was an odd game the CSB vs. SECA. CSB looked in control for the high majority of the day & looked the better side- But then they started mixing things around (maybe to give more players an opportunity?) and the game slipped away from them! Wouldn't be reading too much into that result...

If CSB played their best side it would have been a walkover !

If CSB played their best side it would have been a walkover !
Same could be said about the SECA side. Walkover ???? very doubtful, we'll never know I guess but the high priced recruits were told not to play by their clubs and not to risk injury, so this season will probably be no different.

Same could be said about the SECA side. Walkover ???? very doubtful, we'll never know I guess but the high priced recruits were told not to play by their clubs and not to risk injury, so this season will probably be no different.

Yes Correct the CSB opening bowler from SCCC got injured while batting so didn’t bowl, probably different result if he bowls. (Again speculating)

Nevertheless, I obviously have a bias to turf cricket because I played it. The rare practice games on “synthetic” were always a joke with medium rats pace thinking they were warriors because a short ball goes shoulder height.

The SECA opening bowler Huttly was bowling to Australia in the UK recently. Not a bad way to rapidly improve you’d think so he will be a handful next year again.

Back