Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

I'd think in the short term there wouldn't be many seca clubs who would run turf teams (or CSB clubs who would run synthetic teams for that matter) but one centrally administered competition would certainly provide the option, and make that option far easier to manage.

I'd think in the short term there wouldn't be many seca clubs who would run turf teams (or CSB clubs who would run synthetic teams for that matter) but one centrally administered competition would certainly provide the option, and make that option far easier to manage.
I'd agree in principle, but unfortunately the current SECA exec are struggling to administer their own comp. Coupled with this, they have added pressure on themselves by accepting some of the clubs from the Southern Cricket association when it folded , also the ad hoc decision making processes that they apply at times would not be conducive to running an even bigger competition. Obviously a full time administrator would help but it may be a gamble.

Absolutely
Not necessarily so RB and NCDPP, SECA see themselves as a very credible player in running the new comp. Their President is up and about and is spruiling hard to achieve this. It will be an interesting debate and one of the reasons for this is that most of the turf clubs in the area rely heavily on the SECA for their juniors to play in, also , their lower 11's in some cases, that in itself give the SECA a pretty good argument.

Last edited:
Not necessarily so RB and NCDPP, SECA see themselves as a very credible player in running the new comp. Their President is up and about and is spruiling hard to achieve this. It will be an interesting debate and one of the reasons for this is that most of the turf clubs in the area rely heavily on the SECA for their juniors to play in, also , their lower 11's in some cases, that in itself give the SECA a pretty good argument.
Just out of interest – how exactly will SECA run the comp? CV already have the structure in place (with a professional corporate structure, with a board overseeing the work of a CV paid admin manager) – why would they get rid of that?

Bentleigh have signed UK quick Liam Hurt from all accounts. Did quite well at Brighton in subbies a few years ago.

With AJ Walker as well they also appear to have recruited strongly to cover their loses.

Fair to say Bentleigh's recruiting hasn't been their strong suit! Hope Hurt has a better time than did for Brighton.

Bonbeach picked up a very, very good overseas, Basil Akram top order bat/opening bowler.
Port Melb signed Thilana Masmulla, ex Sth Caulfield, wonder if he knows he's playing against 2nd XI's in Division 2?

Any other news floating about?

I'm Hearing Carnegie Cricket Club have picked up a few players in the off season a 19 year old from England who bowls like the wind and a couple of Gun Bats from SECA and Sub District but how good there are who knows as atm may struggle in the Championship Division so a year of holding steady and not getting a head of themselves and surviving relegation

I have just noticed that Port Melbourne and Clayton District have both dropped out of Division 1, replaced by Parkdale (promoted as premiers) and Old Mentonians, who didn't have a 2-day team last year, and now find themselves in Div 1. I thought promotion/relegation was 1 team up and down. Port finished bottom; did Clayton ask to be dropped a grade? Anybody know? Just curious...

Anyone else reckon the "2 Day" Divisions are one T20 heavy? Better balance I'm thinking would be 7 2D, 5 OD & 2 T20.
Also I wouldn't mind seeing the pink ball moved into a OD match rather than a 2 Day fixture (if it must be used).

I'm Hearing on the grapevine that not to many clubs in the CSB are not happy with the wicket at Carnegie Cricket Club main ground at Koornang Park Iv been told it looks like rolled dog crap and two paced

Back