Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

... and pretty dominant for the whole season. I think they were on top after almost every round. They had a few narrow wins, which some might call lucky, but when you win three or four games in close finishes (which included the first GF) perhaps it is ability to handle the pressure of a close finish, rather than luck. Well done indeed.
Yes well done .
The only things wrong with South Caulfield there 2nd ground is destroyed by dogs on a weekly basis and a very small ground ,plus only having 3 Saturday sides plus hardly any juniors otherwise they would be in Subbies.
But hay good luck to them and well done on winning a premiership in this trying year of cricket for every player and offical in all competitions across the state.

Can anyone confirm the rumour Abi Sharma is going to try out at St.Kilda next season as wants to play a higher grade of cricket.
I thought he be better be off playing for South Caulfield as most of the Ex St.Kilda CC 1st are playing 1st at South Caulfield.

I hear South Caulfield won the wicket of the year this year plus I’m hearing Bentleigh will need a new curator as the council guy quit will they go with council guy again or do it themselves?

I hear South Caulfield won the wicket of the year this year plus I’m hearing Bentleigh will need a new curator as the council guy quit will they go with council guy again or do it themselves?

If anyone is after a curator I've been doing Brighton and keen to get another one or two around that area.

If anyone is after a curator I've been doing Brighton and keen to get another one or two around that area.
Wouldn’t be putting up your hand to do Bentleigh wicket I’m led to believe 3 council curators in 2 seasons.
I don’t know if it’s the wicket,the council curators or the club fault on that but strange in deed.

The Council curators do those decks
I think the guy that was doing the wickets at Bentleigh does I think Lords Reserve/Glenhuntly Park as well but if he wants the job dare say contact Glen Eira but 3 council curators in 2 seasons well something must be wrong down there maybe get the South Caulfield bloke or Bomber Murrey down there to sort it out.

I think the guy that was doing the wickets at Bentleigh does I think Lords Reserve/Glenhuntly Park as well but if he wants the job dare say contact Glen Eira but 3 council curators in 2 seasons well something must be wrong down there maybe get the South Caulfield bloke or Bomber Murrey down there to sort it out.
It's not that hard though, especially if they don't have turf nets to worry about? As long as the equipment isn't rubbish and the club does the full square covers then it shouldn't be a drama. Bentleigh's was only redone a couple seasons ago as well wasn't it?

With stage 4 lock down back on I don’t if it’s me but I can see local football leagues make a song and dance about extending footballing seasons which will effect wicket preparations especially if it gets really wet around late August early September time.
It could shape seasons especially early on do they play 1 day games Saturday and Sundays to make up days lost or keep the same structure of games and maybe drop 20/20 games?
I wonder what people think as this could effect the VTCA,ECA,MCA,DDCA,CSB and some lower grades of VSDCA with wicket preparations as we know it but we all know Premier Cricket will make sure all they wickets grounds are down before others.

I see the Coach and Captain of Carnegie have departed interesting times ahead must be favourites for relegation unless they can recruit big time to stay up

With stage 4 lock down back on I don’t if it’s me but I can see local football leagues make a song and dance about extending footballing seasons which will effect wicket preparations especially if it gets really wet around late August early September time.
It could shape seasons especially early on do they play 1 day games Saturday and Sundays to make up days lost or keep the same structure of games and maybe drop 20/20 games?
I wonder what people think as this could effect the VTCA,ECA,MCA,DDCA,CSB and some lower grades of VSDCA with wicket preparations as we know it but we all know Premier Cricket will make sure all they wickets grounds are down before others.

Reckon local footy will get back on?

Anyone heard the rumours about Glen Eira drawing up plans to get rid of the following Turf wickets at McKinnon 2nd ground Lords Reserve with synthetics and taking out both EE Gunn 2+3 and relaying 1 new table on EE Gunn 2 more to the centre of the oval 2.
If this true it cost a few $$$ to do these works in 1 hit.
Then to those clubs that use these grounds especially EE Gunn 2+3 where Sub District is played where do they go as I can’t see those clubs or the board of Sub District playing Sunday’s on Main grounds also other clubs that use Lords and McKinnon 2 on Saturday’s and Sundays.
Let’s hope Glen Eira don’t go down that track to save some $$$ but encourage Turf Cricket by putting in another 1 or 2 Turf grounds down the track EG:Future development in the middle of the Caulfield Racecourse in time or in at Caulfield Park.

Anyone heard the rumours about Glen Eira drawing up plans to get rid of the following Turf wickets at McKinnon 2nd ground Lords Reserve with synthetics and taking out both EE Gunn 2+3 and relaying 1 new table on EE Gunn 2 more to the centre of the oval 2.
If this true it cost a few $$$ to do these works in 1 hit.
Then to those clubs that use these grounds especially EE Gunn 2+3 where Sub District is played where do they go as I can’t see those clubs or the board of Sub District playing Sunday’s on Main grounds also other clubs that use Lords and McKinnon 2 on Saturday’s and Sundays.
Let’s hope Glen Eira don’t go down that track to save some $$$ but encourage Turf Cricket by putting in another 1 or 2 Turf grounds down the track EG:Future development in the middle of the Caulfield Racecourse in time or in at Caulfield Park.
I think your on the wrong track . They have just put in a synthetic at the Gunn between both Turf decks

What’s the news on a draw for this season for the CSB .
Also what’s going on at Glen Eira I’m hearing Bentleigh have a new council curator apparently was working on the wickets at Casey Fields last season and a new curator going to McKinnon hopefully the clubs give them a chance.

Wouldn’t hold your breath on clearances or transfers for this year .
The CSB can’t even organise a draw in fact if they can’t organise the little things could be the start of a decline of the CSB slowly.

Back