Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

I also see the Div 6 is now all one day games. Wonder why it doesn't have "One Day" in the name? It consiste entirely of club's 3rd XIs. Not certain all of the clubs supported this change.

While standing around with a bunch of old players, watching the current day crop have a practice match on the first Saturday in October (again), the question was raised: how long since we last played on what is nominally day 1 of the season. Turns out the last time the 1st XI played on that day was in 1988, a cool 34 years ago!

I’m hearing a lot of troubles with short staff at Glen Eira with curators been moved around from one ground to another curators leaving not been replaced contractors doing quite a number of wickets and Council cutting sport field budget.
Maybe Bomber Murray should find out why this happening.

Hearing the women in charge of sports fields at Glen Eira has quit plus could be more cost cutting for the sports field department at Glen Eira
The woman ! that was put in charge had no grass experience , if she's gone it's a bonus to all . They have already cut back to private companies

Hearing more about Glen Eira Council that it is getting to a stage that all wickets there could be all contracted out before start of this season.
Apparently lots of problems are still there with the team leader trying to be forced out by council and replaced by another member of staff who has previously looked after Moorabbin Cricket Club main wicket who is currently jockeying to take over from team leader if forced out.
Apparently not a good working environment to be atm from what iv been told.

Hearing more about Glen Eira Council that it is getting to a stage that all wickets there could be all contracted out before start of this season.
Apparently lots of problems are still there with the team leader trying to be forced out by council and replaced by another member of staff who has previously looked after Moorabbin Cricket Club main wicket who is currently jockeying to take over from team leader if forced out.
Apparently not a good working environment to be atm from what iv been told.
The bloke from Moorabbin is a big issue , hates grass on wickets. The woman that had no grass experience has now gone to Port Phillip as head of Recreation , god help them. Both should not have any management

Apparently could be a change of heart in regards to wickets at Glen Eira .
I’m hearing council to have its staff look after all Sun District wicket with council to give work to contractors or put it back to clubs to look after and forcing some curators out of a job come summer but will be re deployed within council parks apparently.

Apparently could be a change of heart in regards to wickets at Glen Eira .
I’m hearing council to have its staff look after all Sun District wicket with council to give work to contractors or put it back to clubs to look after and forcing some curators out of a job come summer but will be re deployed within council parks apparently.
That's already happened

Hearing after a long search Glen Eira Council have had no luck in its search to find someone to run it’s sports fields and have put a Town Hall person in charge until there find someone.

Hearing Contracting companies UMS and Programmed Maintenance are looking at a contract to do 6 Turf wickets at the City of Glen Eira for the upcoming season hope whatever company gets it will do a better job then the last company.

Hearing Contracting companies UMS and Programmed Maintenance are looking at a contract to do 6 Turf wickets at the City of Glen Eira for the upcoming season hope whatever company gets it will do a better job then the last company.

who was the last company?I thought the Glen Eira council prepared the pitches themselves

Back