D Grade And Below 2013/2014

Went to bat today, having not participated in any training session this season. Ball comes towards me "Wtf is this brown thing they're using?" Made an insignificant score :( . Did take a wicket and a catch though :cool: . Was close to getting a few more wickets. Bloke cow cornered his way to a ton. Had him dropped and the sun obscured what would've been a relatively easy attempt at a catch otherwise for the particular fielder.

Lucky we playing 34 overs a side, over rate was ****house. Probably would still be playing if it was 40 overs.

We move on. Won't be playing til December anyway.

I faced the Joel Garners yesterday in perfect sunshine.

Struggled to see it, and it sounds crap off the bat.

Shite decision made solely about money, never contemplating the ramifications in March next year when the days get shorter.

DVCA need to think about the players and not their Bank balance.

I don't have any trouble seeing it Underarm, but agree it sounds awful off the bat. We've yet to see how it goes in wet conditions, I am betting that seam will blow up a ripper if it gets wet. Will be interesting to see how the ball fares under 80 overs for the higher grades.

I was told that Susan St reserve barely has a blade of grass and if it beats the infield it's four. Happy days for any batsmen who will be playing there in the future!

I was told that Susan St reserve barely has a blade of grass and if it beats the infield it's four. Happy days for any batsmen who will be playing there in the future!

Susan St has magnificent grass coverage. It's just super fast and a small ground. Like North Sydney Oval.

Mike Hussey being asked about what he doesn't miss about playing cricket? Without second thought he said the anticipation/tension of batting. The hour/few minutes leading up to getting out to the middle. It made me think about my cricket, and this spell I'm having not playing atm. I can tell you that tension in the led up to batting I don't ******* miss at all! AT ALL!

It spoils any enjoyment you get from playing. I don't know what it is about batting, but it's really not a lot of fun. My goal would be to score at least 40. I can say, that there is nothing I've done that is unfulfilling as reaching my goals batting, even when scoring a 50+. It doesn't provide that much of a high, and any satisfaction only lasts a few hours after the day is done. God it's ****.

The lif
Mike Hussey being asked about what he doesn't miss about playing cricket? Without second thought he said the anticipation/tension of batting. The hour/few minutes leading up to getting out to the middle. It made me think about my cricket, and this spell I'm having not playing atm. I can tell you that tension in the led up to batting I don't ******* miss at all! AT ALL!

It spoils any enjoyment you get from playing. I don't know what it is about batting, but it's really not a lot of fun. My goal would be to score at least 40. I can say, that there is nothing I've done that is unfulfilling as reaching my goals batting, even when scoring a 50+. It doesn't provide that much of a high, and any satisfaction only lasts a few hours after the day is done. God it's ****.

The life of Brian

Being a cricketer of limited ability, playing in the lower grades, why do we have to play a one day game when all other grades play a two dayer after Christmas.

The reason for my beef is that there some ridulous scores as a result of players being dropped down.
M Favrin 201 is a prime example. There were 4-5 scores over 75 made by players playing 4 less grades than their usual grade.

If we had played both weekends, these anomalies would not have occurred.

Have them play in the ODC, where there impact is limited to 50 runs.

DVCA must act for this not to occur again.

quote="Underarm28, post: 562156, member: 16279"]Being a cricketer of limited ability, playing in the lower grades, why do we have to play a one day game when all other grades play a two dayer after Christmas.

The reason for my beef is that there some ridulous scores as a result of players being dropped down.
M Favrin 201 is a prime example. There were 4-5 scores over 75 made by players playing 4 less grades than their usual grade.

If we had played both weekends, these anomalies would not have occurred.

Have them play in the ODC, where there impact is limited to 50 runs.

DVCA must act for this not to occur again.[/quote]
Players are only allowed to play 2 club grades lower than their previous game played, if they play 3 or more grades lower you have good reason for appeal, if not, build a bridge.

Mark Favrin played in Money Shield last game, as their openning batsman. Seems fair that he can play G Grade the next week and make 200.
The fact is that the lower grades can't have a their round start half way through the higher grades round, as it allows for flat track bullies to ruin cricket at the lower level.

Favrin should have played in a ODC team and retire at 50, giving some of his team mates a hit.

That's all.

It's not a perfect rule though to say you can't play more than 2 grades below usual, because how do you determine your usual grade? Some blokes it's easy, but for a lot of guys it might not be. Also, for clubs like mine, that have MS, C and G, every time you dropped a bloke from C you'd have to put in an appeal. I think not having a one day match for this round would probably have cured the issue.

It doesn't work like that, it goes on your club gradings, with your example, your fine to go from C to G, but in Hberg case they have MS, C, E and G, therefore a player who plays in Money Shield one week can only play as low as E grade the following game, not drop 3 grades and play G grade.
But I'm not even sure if the rule still exists, should, good rule I think.

It doesn't work like that, it goes on your club gradings, with your example, your fine to go from C to G, but in Hberg case they have MS, C, E and G, therefore a player who plays in Money Shield one week can only play as low as E grade the following game, not drop 3 grades and play G grade.
But I'm not even sure if the rule still exists, should, good rule I think.

YOu're spot on the money with how that rule worked, yet that rule is no longer. It should be, I agree that players shouldn't be going from BS/MS to play G Grade. Thats not good for anyone concerned.

YOu're spot on the money with how that rule worked, yet that rule is no longer. It should be, I agree that players shouldn't be going from BS/MS to play G Grade. Thats not good for anyone concerned.
I don't believe that this has ever been a rule in the DVCA

Back