D Grade And Below 2013/2014

I don't believe that this has ever been a rule in the DVCA

Yeah it was a rule, whereby you couldn't drop more than two grades (based on what your club has)

So if Eltham had MS, B, D, E, G grades, a Money shield player could only go as low as D grade. Whereas, another club who had MS, C, H grade. A MS player could go play H grade, as that is two grades below where he was playing at his club.

Yeah it was a rule, whereby you couldn't drop more than two grades (based on what your club has)

I've been playing DVCA all my life, and it has never been a rule. People might wish it was a rule, it might be a good rule, but it has certainly never been in place over the last 30 odd years.

My last game we had a few of our players drop down due to scheduling.
As such though we limited our output on the game. Played sparingly or as bowlers off half run ups etc.
Personally when I drop down grades I like watching how the regular blokes go about it and offer assistance where I can rather than big show myself trying to make big runs or wickets.
Talking to a few if the regulars they were motivated by watching the higher grade blokes go about things and some even rose to the moment as a result.

Definately was a rule for a few years.

Certainly was a rule a few years back. I understand that some clubs have a struggle to field sides and need blokes who are unavailable in a higher grade to play in a lower grade, and may have needed to forfeit some games if these blokes were unavailable, but surely dropping 3 grades and then opening the batting, when there were others who had done it all year, is a bit of a stretch to what is really needed.

That's the very reason the rule was brought in, and to stop super quicks dropping down to H grade when they can only play one week and terrorise the kids.

So with Victoria at one stage having the pathetic score of 6/9 at the SCG, I was thinking about similar destruction that has occurred at DVCA. Those type of scores are typical of lower grade stuff. Thinking back, I can recall watching a G grade final between Thommo and Riverside a few years back. Without wanting to embarrass Riverside, but they were 6/14 in that game. That's the worst result for 6 wickets, where I've been involved in some way, that I can remember. Unfortunately for them, there was no one to score 127 f102 balls.

So, what miserable results have any of you been a part of?*

*ihopethisdoesn'tbackfireonthommo

Unfortunately Bundoora D grade last week.
In a match with finals hopes on the line, Bundoora were 0/3 then 5/3 at one stage... then 6/14. Ended up making 57.... :-(

Worst I can remember is Thomastown United vs. Panton Hill (Money Shield), Round 3, 2012/13

TUCC all out for 16, with a full side of 11 players. However, they nearly won the game by reverse outright the following week.

South Morang V Rosanna D Grade don't think you can each declare after 40 overs

Is there an actual rule stating you can't?

Either way, it won't help either side. I'm not sure why either team would agree to it. Neither team are able to get into the 4, nor are they in relegation zone.... So I don't see the point, other than finishing off with a bit of fun.

Worst I can remember is Thomastown United vs. Panton Hill (Money Shield), Round 3, 2012/13

TUCC all out for 16, with a full side of 11 players. However, they nearly won the game by reverse outright the following week.

Epping rolled St Francis for 13 in Money shield 2000/2001 Rnd 8!
Lowest total I have heard of in Barclay or Money

Diamond Creek Rolled Mernda for 21 in Barclay Shield 2002/2003 Rnd 2!
Mernda batted 1 short!

Epping rolled St Francis for 13 in Money shield 2000/2001 Rnd 8!
Lowest total I have heard of in Barclay or Money

Diamond Creek Rolled Mernda for 21 in Barclay Shield 2002/2003 Rnd 2!
Mernda batted 1 short!
Played against Mernda and Bakes rolled us for about 80 combined for both innings, game was over when he took a double hatrick to knock us over outright by 1.15 on Day 2.
Bad day.

North Eltham F Grade left themselves open to be included on this, on the weekend. The made our piddly score look mountainous in the first innings (130 odd), before declaring to "attempt" an outright :oops::rolleyes:

150ish in 15 over? They were 4 for nowhere near close before they shut up shop. It was an uncertain performance, I thought. Not one you'd expect from a finals side. The way they were batting, if our captain had put himself on (a spinner), I'm certain it would been 6 fa in no time, then anything could've happened!

Negative, negative batting. So negative our captain put on a bloke, who hardly ever bowls. Might get a spell a year. Pies. He bowled 2 overs for...

...2 maidens! :eek:

This guy, if goes for 5 an over, is actually having a good day. 2 maidens? Bloody hell!

NE F grade would want to step up in training this week. They've got to eradicate their negative attitude which seeped in on Saturday. Didn't bat well, passable on bowling (Our second innings, would've been game winning in the first). Their spinner is by a long way, their best bowler. I don't know who their opposition is, but already I'm saying they're favourites.

Whoever their opposition is, try not to laugh too hard at Mr Hokey Pokey. You'll know who I'm talking about. ;)

Back