Darwin & District Cricket - 2012

abit of a pints and palmo lover i see I.AM.LEGEND the sheep shagger prob wants to snuggle up with lavers and deep throat berry! country folk supprisingly frown apon that! NT cricket will never move forward until its competition is for mainly local players you cant have teams with ALL imports and some teams with only hand fulls of local players and expect comp to last! more game this season for A grade what a ********* stupid idea!

Maybe darwin cricket would be better off if clubs didn;t throw coins around and kick containers.

How can Tahs have a joke for a captain, they only have one player who is here right now, so if where he is is where the A grade trainign is.....

Tracy Village has so much money it doesn;t matter

Nightcliff is still paying for there bought premiership.... wodner how much it really cost.....

Pint what a joke if everyone had thier free ride we would all have the best players as well.

Palmo.... they can afford to throw jnrs away... when are we getting a 2nd and 3rd club out there, 6 clubs for 80,000 1 club for 35,000..... GREAT WORK NT CRICKET

Districts - at least they are sticking to their guns and not paying people, there is some nobility to that.

I think i have said enough about Darwin and there single problem

I think they need to turn it into baseball adn have 165 games a year.... NT CRICKET assemble, bunch of tools.

Top 4
Best team of imports
Palmo
2nd best team of imports
Pints

rest......

The Draw is a joke 12/13th may 90 overs on saturday followed up by 2 20/20 on sunday bad luck if u have bowled or battered all day on the 12th! If THE KING is still at the Croc pen they will not be bottom there a very proud club and King is clearly the a miricle worker!

Gidday All, reading your posts and looks to me like you are around the mark. Tahs have no option but to recruit as no local depth at all. Darwin have some handy local lads but do need to bolster their ranks with imports and junior bas is shaky there. Crocs good junior numbers, however only 4 senior grades this year a concern, but they will survive. TV just throw money around and their juniors are shaky. Pints overall good numbers and throw in a few recruits and hard to beat, but they are capable of beating themselves! Palmo a good local senior team, add a couple of recruits and look good, however their efforts with a junior base is terrible considering the population out there. Nightcliff good junior numbers and work hard at it and solid senior numbers but A grade team what I am hearing appears shallow at the moment anyway. Your thoughts guys?

I think i have said enough about Darwin and there single problem

Glad I've made such a positive impression on I.AM.LEGEND and you Barry. I agree though, Darwin is a great club with a proud history and I'm thankful to be apart of the Club as player let alone at my current levels of the involvement. If you've got any tips or advice, I'd be more than happy to hear them, maybe even take them on board.

ha
i agree, the semi-finals and grand finals should be played over two weekends, so that the players get a rest because chasing 400 the next day is bit of an ask in a gf, give them till next week to recup, not only do they lose a saturday night out on the town but a sunday as well to go fishing or to drop the bush pig off at home. disgraceful! the king from all reports is still at the crocasuarus cove, wanting to chomp at the bit but doesn't see the opposition have a way out.

bonds, not saying tahs captain is a joke, saying he isn't there. if you are there from the start then the playes get aroudn him then it won't be so bad for them but no gardiner during the week, these blokes going to then listen to him on a saturday on hearsay with no lawrence or green to get his back??

Well no one is there.... they are all imports, so how can anyone respect anyone else when they are all namless and faceless

well King cant captian for sidelines! he is only coach i just bumped into IAN yes Ian Redpath! would expect him to walk straight into the position if he plays!But theres no one else down there even capeable of doing it! or is there??? but King isnt doing it! Reagan for palmo maybe a thought???

glad someone is finally on this board that thinks like me, bout time this place started to spark up. some accurate summaries but still going soft on the problems at the clubs. darwin has a joke for a captain, nightcliff has a joke for a president and a captain, districts is a joke, tracy has a joke for a president, doesn't have a captain and holds onto ************ players, tahs has a joke of a president and committee and captain that is never there, pint have probably the only decent captain this season, runs nt cricket and doesn't pay its way, palmerston may have turned some corner president wise, dunno who is captain and don't look after their juniors. nt cricket is run by pc tools and the ground is maintained by a bloke who spends more time in the pint club than on the ground. ramsbottom couldn't care less about the clubs, he wants a higher position with ca or some other crap entity where he can sip latte in an air condition room and think he has made great changes to whatever it is and improved the world.

it is surprising that bell left districts, it is a fair challenge to keep your sheepish activities hidden in the suburbs than out where the country folk most likely partake in it with a variety of species. yeah districts don't throw coin around, they used to kick cans though, now they're on the cash for containers bandwagon, so thats stopped. need every cent them country folk, hic.
in what respect do Pint not pay their way??

Would just like to say that Palmerston is gearing up for a good season. A few changes to the club since the title of A grade premiers here and there. Udara Weerasinghe has been named captain/coach for Palmerston 2012 whilst Carbone and Alex Bleakley are front runners for the VC spot.

We're only expected to only have two imports by the end of the season, the rest of the players all locals. Wouldn't really call Palmerston the team with the best imports.

Good luck 'Palmerston Represent' I have no doubt you guys will be very competitive!! My summary of the teams and positions at this stage, stressing things can change re-recruits coming or not turning up over the next month or so:

1. Palmerston: Solid local base and add a couple of recruits and the team to beat
2. Pints: Also good local base and add three or four recruits and the main challengers
3. Waratahs: A few good local players, few repeat recruits from last year and new recruits
4. Nightcliff: Have some handy local players, Calkin a bonus and could still recruit
5. Darwin: Reportedly recruited well and add local lads so should be ok, wait and see
6. Tracy Village: Recruiting heavily, but no senior coach and have three or four senior players not playing
7. Southern Districts: Loss of 2 Cricket Australia recruits, Bell and reportedly Pemble injured hurts them

I have no doubt the top 2 are the teams to beat and look well structured and placed with local players and a top-up of recruits, the way it should be done! Positions 3-6 are open, Tahs see how the recruits go? Nightcliff have a few local lads and Calkin, word is Greg Aldam and Jason Bremner helping out so assists young fellas coming through and may find another player yet? Darwin rumour is recruited well and have a decent team, they have to put it together for the full season and Tracy throwing the cash around, but no coach doesn't help their cause. David King will do his best out at Croc land, but they do need a couple of players asap.

Wonder how much the gun for hire aldam is being paid to be at nightcliff???

tahs have some good local players, they have one player from last years A grade team back playing this year??

Come on Barry that is very harsh and smacks of jealousy mate. Agree with Tahs, added Lawrence and Green into the locals and I regard Schmulian as a local these days as well. Aldam is a life member of Nightcliff and has done a lot for NT Cricket including still looking after the Imparja Cup team which would be a hard gig. I know he has been on the committee there last 2-3 years and apparently set the Coaching structure in place with Bremner for Calkin and Couzens to run their ship this year. Looks a good structure and a few clubs around would like to have it, don't think they have the cattle though to worry the top 2 or 3, maybe if they develop some of their juniors will improve and be ok next few years. Personal sledging Barry is pretty ordinary mate.

let us see how many players they have from their grand final side lining up game one. they will have less locals then last year.

yeah life member of nightcliff while president of districts and coach of waratahs..... no doubting he has done a fair bit for the NT cricket but that is not what i commented on at all. i WAS MEARLY ASKING WHAT HE IS BEING PAID TO BE AT NIGHTCLIFF

let us see how many players they have from their grand final side lining up game one. they will have less locals then last year.

yeah life member of nightcliff while president of districts and coach of waratahs..... no doubting he has done a fair bit for the NT cricket but that is not what i commented on at all. i WAS MEARLY ASKING WHAT HE IS BEING PAID TO BE AT NIGHTCLIFF

Back