Darwin & District Cricket - 2012

I've got no issue with WIlson being a potential player, Steve Taylor is another person of interest. Going on last years team, Ovens, Chatto and Francis, we'd unlikely have fielded a team. At what point do we allow players in?

Out of the top 30 run scorers in the competition, we've got the stuff all to pick from as it is and Calkin is another one out of the mix. The bowling is pretty much set I think which is a massive plus from last year but we're up against it with at least an opening position, a couple of middle order postions and wicket keeping spot to be filled, who do you pick? At this stage it'll be Wilson, Arbon, Mullens and Gibson and thats if they're available. That's along with myself which I'd say I'm almost an automatically selection now and I shouldn't be. I should be fighting/working my arse off to get in the side.

NT Cricket do not have a minimum seasons played guys like e.herd k.vokel and overs get the gig before locals witch is very dispointing if you dont live in NT how can you play for them EG: wilson & co! just proves to cricket aust we cant have a futures side in the comp! D. Shorts K. Skewes and K. Richardson deserve spots in strike before these one season wonders!

I've got no issue with WIlson being a potential player, Steve Taylor is another person of interest. Going on last years team, Ovens, Chatto and Francis, we'd unlikely have fielded a team. At what point do we allow players in?

Out of the top 30 run scorers in the competition, we've got the stuff all to pick from as it is and Calkin is another one out of the mix. The bowling is pretty much set I think which is a massive plus from last year but we're up against it with at least an opening position, a couple of middle order postions and wicket keeping spot to be filled, who do you pick? At this stage it'll be Wilson, Arbon, Mullens and Gibson and thats if they're available. That's along with myself which I'd say I'm almost an automatically selection now and I shouldn't be. I should be fighting/working my arse off to get in the side.

Glad you agree you should have to work for your selection!

Blokes like Bobby Wilson are currently playing in other states, states which they call 'home'. As 'in your crease' said, blokes like Hughes are professionals who are being paid good money, this makes it entirely different. It happens in junior cricket as well. at U/17 and U/19 level you play for the state you are from regardless to where you are. Special exceptions are made though, such as Ben Cooper playing for the NT in the most recent championships as an over-age player because he was too old for NSW and also it will be interesting to see what young spinner Ashton Agar does after going through the entire Vic system after now being contracted with WA and being elidgable for another year in U/19s.
Lad,
I seem to be picking on you a llittle and I don't mean to be but your comments are so ludicrous that I feel I need to. You don't play for the state you were born in, regardless of where you live, unless that State/Territory is particularly weak or short of players due to injury or other reason (I highlight the territory as matching this mould due to the number of players it has to choose from). If a junior player moves home with his parents from Victoria to Queensland, then that player would then start to qualify for queensland, get involved in weekly/fortnightly/monthly training squads in queensland and thus represent Queensland at the National Titles. If you need an example, Andrew McDonald played junior cricket in NSW up to U17 and being from a town close to the border with Victoria decided to move to Victoria. NSW did not keep picking him just because he was born there. It seems your special exceptions are for developing States, and thus the Territory. States with a large player pool simply move on to using their own resources to develop the players that are in their immediate influence.

I'm going to have to disagree with you and 'In your Crease' in saying that blokes like Hughes are different. It is the same situation but on a higher level/scale. You are eligible to play for the State/Territory that you are registered to play in. If Hughes continues to knick out to 1st and 2nd slip at Shield level, guess where he will go and play.....I'll give you a hint - it won't be Sydney grade cricket.

As for your Ashton Agar, I don't know him or his situation. But I'll bet that if he is contracted for WA then he is buckley's of being allowed to play with the Vics.

Mong, you are actually just a tool. And johnny, Phil Hughes hasn't played a game or paid his subs for East Torrens yet do how is he elidgable for SA? Players like Thomas Andrews and Jake Weatherald have to play for the northern Territory because it is where they are from, despite SACA wanting them to play for their teams. The rule at Cricket Australia is you play for your home state until they do nt have a team/you do not qualify for your home states team. However, Aiden McGregor-Baptista (originally from the NT and has represented the NT) now has to play for SA despite the efforts of people close to him to get him into the NT set up. It is seen to be a bigger player pool in SA currently, I use seen as a term for they think they are better when they sure as hell are no where near as talented as the NT are, so if I player can qualify outside this then they will play for the 'less talented' group.

Also, Strike scrapped the barrel so far to the bottom last year they you should probably just consider that team not a part of this argument. Mullen will be unavailable just as he most likely will be for U/19's, best bet is going to be convincing Matt Hanna to play as well as young blokes such as Pat Gallow/Brad Zanker. These are the guys that can contribute to a team on and off the field if you can get them out of their boats on onto dry land.

Is there anyone else from Alice Springs that can be considered?
Mullen's is going on a bender so won't be playing any rep cricket. Gallow, you have to try to motivate him to move let alone go away on a cricket trip. Zanker is a good cricketer who will give it a red hot go. Hanna, Gallow and Zanker on a tour - hate to be the manager trying to control them, definite good time to be had.

Has Calkin been considered seeing he has had 3 or 4 seasons up there now and will be living in Darwin from next season?

Mong, you are actually just a tool. And johnny, Phil Hughes hasn't played a game or paid his subs for East Torrens yet do how is he elidgable for SA? Players like Thomas Andrews and Jake Weatherald have to play for the northern Territory because it is where they are from, despite SACA wanting them to play for their teams. The rule at Cricket Australia is you play for your home state until they do nt have a team/you do not qualify for your home states team. However, Aiden McGregor-Baptista (originally from the NT and has represented the NT) now has to play for SA despite the efforts of people close to him to get him into the NT set up. It is seen to be a bigger player pool in SA currently, I use seen as a term for they think they are better when they sure as hell are no where near as talented as the NT are, so if I player can qualify outside this then they will play for the 'less talented' group.

Also, Strike scrapped the barrel so far to the bottom last year they you should probably just consider that team not a part of this argument. Mullen will be unavailable just as he most likely will be for U/19's, best bet is going to be convincing Matt Hanna to play as well as young blokes such as Pat Gallow/Brad Zanker. These are the guys that can contribute to a team on and off the field if you can get them out of their boats on onto dry land.

Mullen ave 19.6 Zanker 16.35 and Gallow 12 @ 38.00 great contributers

They are what you want in the Strike team Mong, blokes who can do more than one thing or are still good enough because they provide something different. Gallow is what you need in 2 day cricket, something that adds another dimension to your team. Zanker is more than handy with both bat and ball and he is a very good fielder. Mullen can be a back up or number 1 keeper, is handy in the field, provides good support on and off the field and has shown this year he can stand up with the bat when it is required. They are all young and are the type of blokes who won't be out of Darwin anytime soon as they have long term jobs. Another who should be talked about is Adam Bayly. More than handy with the bat, could easily hold his spot at 7, and an excellent tight bowler, plus always diving around in the field and doing the little things. He will have not much on besides Uni holidays while Strike are touring, he should be approached.

well done on the minor premiership in A & B's now thats a complete joke glad the best team in each comp won the flag!

Congratulations on your season, where you did nothing, contributed nothing, don't even know blokes in the competition and continue to spout crap that makes you look like an absolute fool.

They are what you want in the Strike team Mong, blokes who can do more than one thing or are still good enough because they provide something different. Gallow is what you need in 2 day cricket, something that adds another dimension to your team. Zanker is more than handy with both bat and ball and he is a very good fielder. Mullen can be a back up or number 1 keeper, is handy in the field, provides good support on and off the field and has shown this year he can stand up with the bat when it is required. They are all young and are the type of blokes who won't be out of Darwin anytime soon as they have long term jobs. Another who should be talked about is Adam Bayly. More than handy with the bat, could easily hold his spot at 7, and an excellent tight bowler, plus always diving around in the field and doing the little things. He will have not much on besides Uni holidays while Strike are touring, he should be approached.

Bayly YES! Zanker 16 with bat 5/17 hits over 20 eco 5.2 strike rate 43 yes he can do both but not good enough at this stage! gallow few years off and mullen can not keep at b grade standard let alone country champs

Congratulations on your season, where you did nothing, contributed nothing, don't even know blokes in the competition and continue to spout crap that makes you look like an absolute fool.

your a sensitive boy lucky you have nt news blowing your tyres up cos no one else will champ! you have no idea who i am you joke so thanks for the congratulations on my season it was well earnt i did something and contributed more! the only fool here is you assumeing u know anything about me!

your a sensitive boy lucky you have nt news blowing your tyres up cos no one else will champ! you have no idea who i am you joke so thanks for the congratulations on my season it was well earnt i did something and contributed more! the only fool here is you assumeing u know anything about me!

I don't need to know anything about you, its clear that you've got nothing to offer. You read mycricket and that is about it. Everything you post is a detriment to cricket in Darwin and the NT.

I don't need to know anything about you, its clear that you've got nothing to offer. You read mycricket and that is about it. Everything you post is a detriment to cricket in Darwin and the NT.

getting you to rag up is all i need to offer peanut! detriment is having one bloke who is a captian of a club, curator for the comp and selector for a junior rep side how about we rename it to JF cricket?

Back