Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

No surprises in the T20 comp, Waratah beat TV, PINT beat Districts, Palmerston beat NTIS and Darwin took care of Nightcliff.

Semi finals are;
PINT vs Palmerston and Waratah vs Darwin, on Sunday 14th July at Tracy Village.

Greg Clarence on track for 1000+ run season, the Ralph Wiese and Player of the Year. Out of the top ten wicket takers this season so far, 6 are spinners.

Did Mong get a run in the Calder Shield teams?

Anyone heard what happened to the Nightcliff opening bowler at the tribunal this week - one of them got reported, not too clear on details.
Or will it be a case of nothing happening and hope no one notices.

Serious runs flowing in most matches over the last few weeks.

Southern Districts have two Hong Kong internationals, one bowls reasonably sharp the other is a bat/spinner that throws the willow a bit. Bit late, needed them around when Skewes was still half interested.

The NT Strike Invitational XI plays NZ U19 this Thursday. Side is likely;

Berry
Garner
Calkin
Bell
Clarence
Dilley
Gardiner*
Taylor
Flynn
Andrews
Drennan+
Weerasinghe

This Clarence bloke is a freak! How many rounds left - he's alreasdy on 866 runs. Record books? Mind you, Waratah would be pretty stoked, out bowled for a duck against them. Was he not facing up the right way that time?

No doubt he is in a rich vein and knows his game extremely well, but I can attest that there has been some substandard fielding going around the place (myself included) and that he has also had the pleasure of batting on the MCG for the majority of those runs which is close if not of a first class standard ie flat and true. Either way, still got to make em and he has made them pay.

Must win game for both Darwin, Nightcliff and Waratah if they want a OD Final berth. Darwin (3 from 4) host Nightcliff (2 from 4) while Tahs (3 from 4) travel to Fred's Pass. A win for Darwin will mean a last OD round show down with Waratah while PINT are no certainty if they lose to Palmerston after their bye.

Solomon Mire smacked 260 against Districts to get a massive win for Tahs while TV got their first win of the season and Darwin just held off Nightcliff.

This leaves the OD table with Darwin, PINT and Tah all on 4 wins 1 loss and fairly similar NRR's and all with equal bonus points.

NT Strike team to play NZ U19 for Fridays game at Gardens

Berry *
Pisel
Regan
Flynn
Francis
Van Der Meulen
Ryan +
Wall
Clements
Kasteni
Taylor
Reichstein

With victories in both the one-day and T20 formats, Waratahs will play PINTs in both finals taking place 4th of August (One Day) and 11th of August (T20).

With 106 in Saturdays game against Palmerston, Greg Clarence has now surpassed Nick Berry's total aggregate of 906 for all of last year.Favorite for Ralph Wiese at the moment.

Fairly average Calder Shield match to begin with, neither side having any quicks while the batting from both sides being in the whole pretty average.

Top four sides in D&DCA will be impossible to change unless Districts and Palmerston can pull off some surprise outrights, Tahs and PINT are locked in while Darwin should collect enough bonus points to get in regardless of any losses and Nightcliff will sneak into 3rd spot with a win over Darwin in the last round if the Eagles lose this week.

So DDCA have continued their crack down on player behaviour. Has it been fair or unfair Chips (not having a go, just after your opinion)?
Didn't hear what the Tahs guy got - but it was the second week in a row he was reported.
Also the Sharks young keeper was replaced by another younger keeper for Sunday's game after outbursts on Friday in a mid-year game in front of the heirarchy.

Robb wasn't reported, he was mentioned. I've no issue with being reported if my conduct is unbecoming, in the case of the said match, I believe I handled myself appropriately through out. I don't feel there were any unfair reports, the issue is that it didn't apply across the board to both teams and captains. Robb's non-report is classic example of this. I've made myself a target because I don't hold any punches when it comes to asking a question or expecting a standard. There is a feeling that some officials may have a predetermined view of how a match will be played or a player will act and this means that the neutrality of it is removed and the decision making becomes questionable. As for the Sharks player, hopefully it is a significantly learning curve for him to continue on his path to growing into the potential player everyone knows he could be.

CHIPS CHIPS CHIPS! Calder shield is beyond a joke obvisloys the selectors had made there decisions before it so why play it just a cover up no doubt so the paper doesnt write how it was selected based on friendships! NT coach will soon find out the cattle he has are the same cattle that struggled big time in country champs NSW all the way!!!!!!!!

With victories in both the one-day and T20 formats, Waratahs will play PINTs in both finals taking place 4th of August (One Day) and 11th of August (T20).

With 106 in Saturdays game against Palmerston, Greg Clarence has now surpassed Nick Berry's total aggregate of 906 for all of last year.Favorite for Ralph Wiese at the moment.

Fav would have to be Tom Triffitt you would think class player and is going well up here then maybe Brigga

Back