Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

You blokes are incredible. There is no way that Districts would pay the sort of money that Chips is talking about. Pure scandal for the sake of it. And on that note Chips, stop talking up the prospects of players moving to Darwin to play and putting unnecessary pressure on them. There are very few who want to play under your leadership and word has it that many are prepared to leave to avoid having to play under it.

I can't think of any players worth a 5 figure sum in Darwin

You blokes are incredible. There is no way that Districts would pay the sort of money that Chips is talking about. Pure scandal for the sake of it. And on that note Chips, stop talking up the prospects of players moving to Darwin to play and putting unnecessary pressure on them.

Bit slow on the uptake.

There are very few who want to play under your leadership and word has it that many are prepared to leave to avoid having to play under it.

1311792525915.gif

i hope nt cricket make the competion into 3 ladders one dayers 20/20 and 2 dayers! no point having all points going towards 2 dayers! teams with only 3 or 4 good bowlers get left behind and just loose interest! where there time to shine is in 2 dayers where everyone should be equal from the 1st 2 dayer!

Waratah have named Steve Taylor as their A grade captain for 2013 with fellow import Friday Kasteni as the Vice Captain.

Reckon they might need to import a B grade side as well pretty soon.
DDCA should make the call sooner rather than later on the club, if they cant get more than two juniors sides this year kick them out of premier grade.

DDCA should make the call sooner rather than later on the club, if they cant get more than two juniors sides this year kick them out of premier grade.

At the moment Tahs have an U/11, U/13 and with some juniors coming through they are looking at an U/15 program for this year. Last year they had an U/11 and 13 and the 13s won a premiership.

When the tough call needs to be made, it rarely does. Cricket administrators err on the side of politics and history when it comes to removing a club or restricting it. It is also fairly hard to make the tough call when they haven't been placed under any pressure to change their position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but have Tahs even been formally approached regarding the issue? Does anyone know what TVs juniors position is this year?

Darwin Cricket needs to bring in a maximum import players you cant have sides with 0-3 locals playing i believe 6 is a maxium

Disagree, there is no reason to restrict import numbers on clubs that do the right thing. SD had as many imports as any club last season and didn't fair any better than previous years. I would say something like clubs that don't have an U17's shouldn't have a Premier Grade team could be considered or a restriction on imports to clubs that don't have juniors or depending on how many junior grades they fill. For example if you have U11-U17 sides then no restrictions on imports but if you only have U11 & U13 sides as Tahs do, then maybe they can have 4 imports in their A grade side.

Waratah have named Steve Taylor as their A grade captain for 2013 with fellow import Friday Kasteni as the Vice Captain.

What did you offer Taylor? A week ago he wasn't anywhere near deciding.

OhMyGodTheChips

I wouldn't know too much about the offers that have been made, Tubsy really enjoyed his cricket in 2012 at Tahs,and I thought that he was one of the imports that would not be returning for 2013.

When the tough call needs to be made, it rarely does. Cricket administrators err on the side of politics and history when it comes to removing a club or restricting it. It is also fairly hard to make the tough call when they haven't been placed under any pressure to change their position. Correct me if I'm wrong, but have Tahs even been formally approached regarding the issue? Does anyone know what TVs juniors position is.

A few years ago a outline was written up about what constitutes a premier grade club to be eligible to receive premier grade funding. Stuff like a side in all junior grades and all Saturday senior grades. Nothing as usual happened in implementing it, administrators rather go with the status quo rather than try to remedy things for the betterment of the comp.

if you dont restrict sides all darwin comp will turn into is a place interstate crickets come and nt provides grounds got nothing to do with SD has got to do with TV and Tahs every club should be proud of there local a grade players and encourage them to strike and rep duties but what do people that support tahs and tv just 11 new faces every year so what if 2 or 3 come back the following year there gone agian! take AFL 8 a grade sides then 12 div 1 all 22 players per team 75% locals no matter what team

if you dont restrict sides all darwin comp will turn into is a place interstate crickets come and nt provides grounds got nothing to do with SD has got to do with TV and Tahs every club should be proud of there local a grade players and encourage them to strike and rep duties but what do people that support tahs and tv just 11 new faces every year so what if 2 or 3 come back the following year there gone agian! take AFL 8 a grade sides then 12 div 1 all 22 players per team 75% locals no matter what team

The point is that having imports doesn't mean success as shown by the grand final results of recent years. Denying people the ability to play cricket is not what it should be about and the Premier Grade should remain the Premier Grade, so if imports keep it at a high standard, then that's the way it should remain.

Apparently PINT are making a play for some Eagle players.

every strong competion in Victoria has point system keeps the comp pretty level top to bottom and resticts teams of buying a Flag! nothing wrong with 6 imports just have problems will 10-11 in one side! Pint chasing a few players

this year is going to be full of imports with the super leauge coming up! pre season odds

TV- 3-1
Pints- 3-1
Tahs 5-1
Darwin- 7-1
Palmo- 10-1
NC-20-1
SD-35-1

this year is going to be full of imports with the super leauge coming up! pre season odds

TV- 3-1
Pints- 3-1
Tahs 5-1
Darwin- 7-1
Palmo- 10-1
NC-20-1
SD-35-1

If they fill the super league side with imports it defeats the entire purpose of it. Its meant to be a pathway for 'Territory's own' players. Obviously the side will need to be strong in order to be competitive down south. But in my opinion you should have to play 2 seasons or more in Darwin to qualify.

Back