Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

Palmerston may have some big issues, at this stage they are yet to confirm Udara, while they've lost Crowe, Hanna and Bleakley. No news on whether any of their imports will be back.

Haven't heard anything from Districts, they may have Plunkett back, Wilson is going overseas, lost Mullen as well.

Darwin are steady at this stage, bowling should be strong and second half of the season may see Doolan, Fawcett, Mathieson and Sheridan.

Waratah and PINT all seem confirmed with signings, Tahs have Friday, Taylor and Madura Weerasinghe back, while they've got two big names that will be looking for pre-Ashes match fitness. Lawrence and Green are supposed keen again, while Gardiner is likely to be playing on a FIFO basis. Schmulian is also bringing 3 Kiwis with him.

Not much from Nightcliff, losing Calkin means they're their troubles are compounded, not sure if any imports from last year will return.

TV likely to feature plenty of Kiwis, rumour is Craig Cachopa maybe back for some serious cash.

Surely Cachopa has bigger and better things to set his sight on, currently making hundreds for Auckland in the Plunkett Shield. From what i hear he has quite an extensive holiday planned throughout Europe. Will Tah's have a bit of dis-harmony like they did last year with some of the guys coming purely for personal reasons? word was that not many of the players were very happy with Burt Cockley during his stint?

Palmerston may have some big issues, at this stage they are yet to confirm Udara, while they've lost Crowe, Hanna and Bleakley. No news on whether any of their imports will be back.

Haven't heard anything from Districts, they may have Plunkett back, Wilson is going overseas, lost Mullen as well.

Darwin are steady at this stage, bowling should be strong and second half of the season may see Doolan, Fawcett, Mathieson and Sheridan.

Waratah and PINT all seem confirmed with signings, Tahs have Friday, Taylor and Madura Weerasinghe back, while they've got two big names that will be looking for pre-Ashes match fitness. Lawrence and Green are supposed keen again, while Gardiner is likely to be playing on a FIFO basis. Schmulian is also bringing 3 Kiwis with him.

Not much from Nightcliff, losing Calkin means they're their troubles are compounded, not sure if any imports from last year will return.

TV likely to feature plenty of Kiwis, rumour is Craig Cachopa maybe back for some serious cash.

why would nightcliff want any of the imports back that helped them come 2nd last???? and what troubloes have you heard about nightcliff?

Waratahs have snapped up former TV man Solomon Mire, good mates with Friday.

Surely Cachopa has bigger and better things to set his sight on, currently making hundreds for Auckland in the Plunkett Shield. From what i hear he has quite an extensive holiday planned throughout Europe. Will Tah's have a bit of dis-harmony like they did last year with some of the guys coming purely for personal reasons? word was that not many of the players were very happy with Burt Cockley during his stint?

Though I'm not too sure about what happened with the Cockley situation last year (as far as im concern he left on his own occord early) The players who have come back for this season want to play for the club and make the club sucessful. I was in the change room after last years semi final lost and players like Friday stated "I want to sing the club song again" and Taylor is a competior who was bitterly dissapointed after the semi loss and it's probably made him more motivated to win this year.

why would nightcliff want any of the imports back that helped them come 2nd last???? and what troubloes have you heard about nightcliff?

Because it would then be a positive sign that people want to play for the club. From what I can tell there has a been a bit of tension in the last few years between the A's & B's, losing a player that has been at a the club for a few years and not having an obvious replacement is one issue.

On that note, Nightcliff have been able to secure Rohan Blandford.

There is a rumour going around that along with Harris and Beer being in Darwin, Hilfenhaus will also be playing prior to the Ashes. Been linked with Tahs and TV.

Waratahs have snapped up former TV man Solomon Mire, good mates with Friday.

Though I'm not too sure about what happened with the Cockley situation last year (as far as im concern he left on his own occord early) The players who have come back for this season want to play for the club and make the club sucessful. I was in the change room after last years semi final lost and players like Friday stated "I want to sing the club song again" and Taylor is a competior who was bitterly dissapointed after the semi loss and it's probably made him more motivated to win this year.

That's hilarious, virtually no one at that club would even know who wrote that song, they've got no connection to Waratah or it's history. Waratah as a cricket club is dead.

Terry Bayly is the skipper for Palmerston.

Because it would then be a positive sign that people want to play for the club. From what I can tell there has a been a bit of tension in the last few years between the A's & B's, losing a player that has been at a the club for a few years and not having an obvious replacement is one issue.

On that note, Nightcliff have been able to secure Rohan Blandford.

There is a rumour going around that along with Harris and Beer being in Darwin, Hilfenhaus will also be playing prior to the Ashes. Been linked with Tahs and TV.

That's hilarious, virtually no one at that club would even know who wrote that song, they've got no connection to Waratah or it's history. Waratah as a cricket club is dead.

Terry Bayly is the skipper for Palmerston.

I heard you wrote the Tahs club song Chips ;)

Those blokes may be competitors, doesn't change the fact that the club has had it. There needs to be something done about it but nothing will happen because NT cricket are too worried about disturbing the peace. Waratahs will fold before 2018, they'll have no choice.

I think it would be fair to say, having people wanting to play for a club.... has a lot to do with paying members, not fly-by-nighters who get paid or flown up here. If it was any other way, then two major cricket clubs would not be in such trouble because all there long term players have either moved or retired.

Also having guys who are not tools or bullys would be helpful to clubs.

I can see your point and don't disagree with it. Maybe now with someone like Ebbers onboard things will be different.

Looks like teams will be able to train pretty freely in the lead up to the season unless the monsoon kicks in this month. Can't remember a wet this dry. Most clubs have had or are about to have their sign on days and have already begun pre-season.

I can see your point and don't disagree with it. Maybe now with someone like Ebbers onboard things will be different.

Looks like teams will be able to train pretty freely in the lead up to the season unless the monsoon kicks in this month. Can't remember a wet this dry. Most clubs have had or are about to have their sign on days and have already begun pre-season.

I heard the Eagles offered a nice little package to try secure his services also.

A's, B's and C's draws should be available by the end of the week.

Adam Dilley will be returning to PINT to give them a reasonably formidable top order with Rob Kensey rounding out the top seven bats.

Back