Darwin & District Cricket - 2014

Doolan has apparently pulled the pin on Darwin for this season and will not bring his mate up either. Darwin will only have the 1 import, with the spinner they have acquired from Frankston. Nightcliff have also picked up a left handed English Batsman.

Herrick unlikely to play due to an on going foot issue that may require surgery. Francis or Garner is captain for PINT after Clarence has knocked it back. Hodgson is apparently going to skipper their twos which maybe a similar case for Regan at Palmerston.

B grade will be pretty strong this year if Hodgson and Regan are both in. Have heard that the weeks he is up here, Gardiner will be playing twos due to the amount of imports at tahs.

Handy A grade district cricketer from Adelaide likely to come out with Tahs within two weeks - tall, left arm fast bowler apparently - relocating for work.

No Doolan/Junk for Darwin, they're trying to secure Nathan Price from Randy-Petersham for six playing days midyear to qualify for finals. Tahs is said to be fielding a less than desirable side come first round with all their imports likely to be here the following round or two. Richie Lane is back for them plus a couple of other Kiwis. Sean Kenny to Darwin and Pearson to TV. Myself to Nightcliff along with a mate from Geelong. Districts may have a couple of Vics coming up, haven't heard anything substantial about Palmerston or Tracy.

Well well 2014 and one new player gets rid of the former pres and a grade skipper on one swoop great stuff! whos skipper for anyside this year will anyone from last year be doing it i think not!

Haha nothing to do with me. Kenny was one of the first to talk to me about coming across. Sorry I couldn't take up your offer to go to Village though Mong.

Well well 2014 and one new player gets rid of the former pres and a grade skipper on one swoop great stuff! whos skipper for anyside this year will anyone from last year be doing it i think not!

Captains for this year to the best of my knowledge are:
TV: Angus Webster
Waratah: Steve Taylor
Darwin: Ben Reichstein
Pint: Francis or Garner (Re: Chips)
Nightcliff: Udara ?
Palmerston: Terry Bayly ?
Southern Districts: ?

SD would have to be Luke Ehrlich! this year could be interesting glad my deck is nice and comfy will hardly no anyone playing or what team they are playing for now! will be good if theres a few upsets!

NT News is doing the ring around, article in today's paper about Southern Districts. Season launch as usual is next Wednesday being held at the Pint Club.

I don't know how legit this is but apparently Tahs are going to play Grant Ebbers in their 1sts this week. Not sure how the cricket world should react to that.

Wow - finally playing where he belongs. Most clubs wont have their full import sides till after Easter, in the meantime, if you turn up to training you play A Grade.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him joined by L Ehrlich there......

First week done, two games cut short due to rain. PINT and Darwin winning on net run rate. Question - how is A grade cricket even allowed to play on MCG2?

Waratahs used their superior skills with Darwin's two greatest local talents (Ebbers and Justin Roberts) to roll Palmo for 50. Pushed local quota up to 2, with a couple of additional short term locals. Wonder when they will be replaced by imports?

Back