dave hussey for the ashes ?

Re: dave hussey for the ashes ?

big game performer;403978 said:
Now, North has just made a duck in our second innings! Bye bye for him. Do you think David Hussey might have gone just a little bit better?

Probably, not hard to beat zero. Would he have gone a lot better though? Very much doubt it.

big game performer said:
Don't give me this crap about youth and the future direction, plenty of time for that AFTER the ashes series. As I have posted earlier, what is wrong with building for the future after the ashes series?

Plenty. Australia has never gone down the path of preparing a future team for just one series, it has always been about the long-term future and that is what needs to happen now. Australia has one recognised batsman under the age of 30 so the team needs some younger players in order to build the side up so they can be a superpower again. A similar situation saw Clarke debut against India, he ended up making 151 and has been a solid performer for the team since. Bringing in David Hussey, who is 33 and hardly in reasonable form doesn't make sense when there is a guy who is ten years younger, has a bucketload of talent and averaged over 60 in the best four-day domestic competition in the world. I'd know who I'd pick.

big game performer said:
So don't be anti Dave Hussey because of this thread, swallow you'r pride and admit I was right!!!!

You're wrong and always will be if you think that David Hussey is the answer. He'll more than likely be retired in three years time so bringing in a player who might play two years of test cricket is utterly pointless. If D Hussey were in the mix, he'd be touring with the squad right now instead of Usman Khawaja and he also would have played for Australia A in the recent unofficial test series against Sri Lanka A which was held last month. He wasn't and that would suggest he's a mile off even being considered.

The ship has simply sailed for David Hussey. With the current state of the team the selectors seem to be looking more long term and at younger players for the future.

The ship has simply sailed for David Hussey. With the current state of the team the selectors seem to be looking more long term and at younger players for the future.

Which is what I've said all along. If Hussey were five years younger, he'd probably be a reasonable chance for the team. But at 33 and CA focusing on youth he probably won't play test cricket unless some unforseen circumstances occur.

Back