dave hussey for the ashes ?

dave hussey for the ashes ?

come on,enoughs enough! With England holding the ashes and now the t20 world cup (and possibly a psychological strangle hold over us) it surely must be time to enter D Hussey.

Re: dave hussey for the ashes ?

big game performer;400581 said:
come on,enoughs enough! With England holding the ashes and now the t20 world cup (and possibly a psychological strangle hold over us) it surely must be time to enter D Hussey.

No.

I really like Dave Hussey, but there is no space for him in the side. He's in a Hodge like position, all the places he could be are going to be filled until the end of his career.

What's wrong with servicing your state very well?

Boris;400815 said:
I really like Dave Hussey, but there is no space for him in the side. He's in a Hodge like position, all the places he could be are going to be filled until the end of his career.

What's wrong with servicing your state very well?

Nothing wrong with servicing your state, Im talking about him being in our best 11. Can bat anywhere,great fieldsman and more than handy change up bowler.

big game performer;400828 said:
Nothing wrong with servicing your state, Im talking about him being in our best 11. Can bat anywhere,great fieldsman and more than handy change up bowler.

Yes, but there is no room.

He's in a Brad Hodge position. He is good enough I believe to average 45+ in the side... if he gets in.

At the moment Katich, Watson, Ponting, M.Hussey and Clarke aren't going anywhere, they are fixed.

North's number 6 position is the only one up for grabs. And if he can't hold his spot, then there are the arguments for White or Smith to come in next.

I don't like either of them for the spot, but the selectors have them both in the squad already, and if you put White up against D.Hussey I think White wins.

Boris;400830 said:

He's in a Brad Hodge position. He is good enough I believe to average 45+ in the side... if he gets in.

At the moment Katich, Watson, Ponting, M.Hussey and Clarke aren't going anywhere, they are fixed.

North's number 6 position is the only one up for grabs. And if he can't hold his spot, then there are the arguments for White or Smith to come in next.

I don't like either of them for the spot, but the selectors have them both in the squad already, and if you put White up against D.Hussey I think White wins.

M.Hussey & M.North = OUT NOW!

hussler;400832 said:
M.Hussey & M.North = OUT NOW!

What are your arguments for both?

I can understand the North argument, but to drop Hussey who has averaged 50+ in his last two series?

Boris;400830 said:

cam white cant bowl at any level,north not much better,what has smith done?

big game performer;400838 said:
cam white cant bowl at any level,north not much better,what has smith done?

But David Hussey can't bowl at this level either, we are talking about tests here, not the slash and bash.

Beeswax;400844 said:
But David Hussey can't bowl at this level either, we are talking about tests here, not the slash and bash.

If you note in a previous post, I stated change up bowler. Just stating the fact that besides being (in my opinion) one of the best bats in the world, he also is a great fielder and handy part time bowler. Anyway at least your latest post was better than your first post.............no, oh thats quality!

Well there two change up bowlers and an allrounder in the side already. With North, make that 3 change up bowlers. Katich and Clarke are both the best you could hope for and Watson is more than good enough, at the moment he could almost hold his spot for just bowling alone.

If White comes into the side, he can bowl change up if he is needed, which he isn't. They don't need to bowl North now, so they wouldn't have to bowl D.Hussey or White.

Smith has had a brilliant year with the bat and an OK one with the ball. I would prefer to see what he settles into before he comes into the side though. Remember once upon a time White was set to be the next Warne... First lets see if Smith just had a good year with the bat, or he really is an actual batsman, or whether he is a young legspinner that needs to work on his game a little.

I like D.Hussey, but White has had a lot of international exposure. It says a lot about your game if you can step up to international level of any form, it shows that he won't crumble under the pressure of better bowling. He's less of a risk of trying to blood D.Hussey into the side.

Of course I would love it if both Hussey brother and both Marsh brothers were one day in the same side. :D

big game performer;400847 said:
If you note in a previous post, I stated change up bowler. Just stating the fact that besides being (in my opinion) one of the best bats in the world, he also is a great fielder and handy part time bowler. Anyway at least your latest post was better than your first post.............no, oh thats quality!

What?

Boris;400868 said:
Well there two change up bowlers and an allrounder in the side already. With North, make that 3 change up bowlers. Katich and Clarke are both the best you could hope for and Watson is more than good enough, at the moment he could almost hold his spot for just bowling alone.

If White comes into the side, he can bowl change up if he is needed, which he isn't. They don't need to bowl North now, so they wouldn't have to bowl D.Hussey or White.

Smith has had a brilliant year with the bat and an OK one with the ball. I would prefer to see what he settles into before he comes into the side though. Remember once upon a time White was set to be the next Warne... First lets see if Smith just had a good year with the bat, or he really is an actual batsman, or whether he is a young legspinner that needs to work on his game a little.

I like D.Hussey, but White has had a lot of international exposure. It says a lot about your game if you can step up to international level of any form, it shows that he won't crumble under the pressure of better bowling. He's less of a risk of trying to blood D.Hussey into the side.

Of course I would love it if both Hussey brother and both Marsh brothers were one day in the same side. :D

Gees, Boris, Mussey would be about 39 then. Probably still fit enough though.

Boris;400868 said:

Better make that the one day side as well.

Beeswax;400895 said:
Gees, Boris, Mussey would be about 39 then. Probably still fit enough though.

Haha I was only joking.

I can't find any information that there has ever been two sets of brothers playing in the one team. You guys know of any?

It would just be a fun little trivia fact to hold, that's all :D.

big game performer;400931 said:
I was referring to the first post you did in this thread.

I know.

But as you seemed to resent brevity, I couldn't help myself.

Did any of you blokes watch D.Hussey bat in the T20 final?

Every one of his first 20 balls faced were banged in short of a length by the Pommie bowlers and he played them all chest on, jumping in the air toward leg stump.

They'd have a great time against him in the Ashes.

Callum Ferguson, George Bailey, Michael Klinger or Travis Birt if a change has to be made, which to be honest I don't think it has to.

Slips Drive;400990 said:
Did any of you blokes watch D.Hussey bat in the T20 final?

Every one of his first 20 balls faced were banged in short of a length by the Pommie bowlers and he played them all chest on, jumping in the air toward leg stump.

They'd have a great time against him in the Ashes.

Callum Ferguson, George Bailey, Michael Klinger or Travis Birt if a change has to be made, which to be honest I don't think it has to.

yes, but in a test match he will duck them and they will sail harmlessly by:)

Back