DVCA Barclay Reserve

Re: Barclay Reserve

Very interesting mix of old players and young kids in BR this year. seems to be a number of young blokes that could be very handy shield players in the next coming years

The Inspector;279368 said:
Very interesting mix of old players and young kids in BR this year. seems to be a number of young blokes that could be very handy shield players in the next coming years

have you got your eye on any young blokes in particlular inspector?

PremiersAgain;279703 said:
have you got your eye on any young blokes in particlular inspector?

no not really a couple of sides such as bundoora, macleod, riverside dimo and research have plenty of young talent.

Re: DVCA Barclay Reserve

bestyoungjunior;281539 said:
who do you consider young talent at diamond creek!?!
i am struggling too see it mate.

well dimond creek have about one player over the age of like 21 so there deffinately a young team. there seems to be no real individual stars but young U16 mark phelan is playing in that side so i am told

haha your right, he has been a recent promotion.
will be interesting to see if he can get a start this week against a potentially good bowling attack ?

it is a very young side , but full of good cricketers.
hopefully we can go back to back this year :)

fmr_13;282400 said:
haha your right, he has been a recent promotion.
will be interesting to see if he can get a start this week against a potentially good bowling attack ?

it is a very young side , but full of good cricketers.
hopefully we can go back to back this year :)

yeah well i see you are playing plenty who are a experienced side all have almost played ones cricket one place or another

yehhh we are playing a good lot of cricketers.
will be interesting too see what they are like in the field, bowling etc.
does henning bowl ?

fmr_13;283522 said:
yehhh we are playing a good lot of cricketers.
will be interesting too see what they are like in the field, bowling etc.
does henning bowl ?

yeah henning does bowl as does turnbull, hoysted, mick della and millett. Should be a really good game with alot of expierence vs a team of really good young blokes. From what i hear if you guys bat as well as you talk you'll shit it in.

bat11dontbowl;283544 said:
looking at the scores research could be in a bit of trouble this week, they also have one j whyte playing and didnt bowl:confused:

He`ll bowl this week, and it could be quite scary! Has not bowled for a while, so they could end up anywhere. At pace!

PremiersAgain;283553 said:
yeah henning does bowl as does turnbull, hoysted, mick della and millett. Should be a really good game with alot of expierence vs a team of really good young blokes. From what i hear if you guys bat as well as you talk you'll shit it in.

hahahah , whats that supposed to mean mate ?

will be interesting to see what the bowling of plenty is like.

bestyoungjunior;281539 said:
who do you consider young talent at diamond creek!?!
i am struggling too see it mate.

are you serious??

Diamo have one bloke over 23, the rest are between 15-19, and they are still 2-1. They will be there abouts

Oh and not too mention there gunning for three flags in a row but nope im with ya champ, I struggle to see the talent too.

2 cricket, its a fun game, getting to play with all the up and coming talent. Aswell as the older generation who are on their way down in the next couple of seasons

one side that stands out for me this year would be mernda, they have bet some quality top sides with such a young line-up. With some of the likes of Josh delaney and Andrew chesterton who are not only taking wickets but ripping through top order batsmen. I think mernda will be a big threat with these young talents in the up coming years!!

A team to watch out for this year is Bundoora. This team has shown some huge potential with a team of 4 experienced players and the rest of the team of some true young guns. Only the one slip up against an average team is the downfall on this impressive team.
Anthony White: Probably bundooras best player with the bat and ball. Big wicket taker and tends to win the match with off his own bat.
Paul Scott: Has massive potential if he knuckled down and pushed through the hard yards, also a run machine.
Ross Adams: Easily the best bowler in barclay reserve. Should take the most wickets in the comp.
Darren Pendlebury: A lot of expereince and would hold the team up if they were in trouble.
Roy Dyson: Solid opening batsman, excellent on the field
Steve Montaldo: Solid batsman, opening batsman in the Under 21s
Ben Russel: Great keeper and very handy batsman down the order. One of the best wicket keeper - batsman in the comp
Brodie Odermatt: Huge potential with the ball and is very handy in slips
Simon Baring: Huge potential with the bat. Also a sneaky wicket taker
Ash Barker: Good opening bowler and can hold his bat if need be.
Sorry if i have missed out on anyone.
If anyone disagrees with this please share your views. I doubt it though

Stumped03;292371 said:
one side that stands out for me this year would be mernda, they have bet some quality top sides with such a young line-up. With some of the likes of Josh delaney and Andrew chesterton who are not only taking wickets but ripping through top order batsmen. I think mernda will be a big threat with these young talents in the up coming years!!

Don't let him find out, but I negotiated him quite well when I had a knock with him in the nets a few weeks ago (and I am probably close to the worst batsmen in DVCA):D.

Back