DVCA BARCLAY SHIELD 2021/22

Staring down the barrel of 0-4, looks like some decisions were made at selection. Begs the question, was he pushed...
Doesn't get easier with Macleod the following week as well. Guess we'll find out soon enough whether this team was a flash in the pan or not soon enough.

What do we make of NEW?? Can we put last year down to everything just falling into place?? Think this year looks like Riversides for the taking.

Should the cricket still go ahead this weekend even though most teams will have 2-4 outs each with covid ? Lots of a grade games handed out this weekend if so.

Should the cricket still go ahead this weekend even though most teams will have 2-4 outs each with covid ? Lots of a grade games handed out this weekend if so.
It’s not an ideal situation is it.
But you can’t cancel games because a few clubs have a few outs. Think the weather might play a part though. We’re expecting 60ml over 3 days up north and just a drizzle Saturday morning..

No way should games be canceled. We’ve missed enough cricket. We should be wanting to play at all costs, just about everyone is in the same boat. Play on for mine

We should be right this week as everyone has been doing their own thing over the past couple of weeks, the issue is going to be if someone plays with it unknowingly this weekend and then passes it onto a substantial number of teammates across grades back at the rooms.
Every club will have a tipping point.

Adam White © @White Adam •14m
The Ringwood District Cricket Association in Melbourne has
cancelled this weekend's fixtures because of the current covid
explosion. I wonder how many other local competitions will do
the same. And for how long.

Adam White © @White Adam •14m
The Ringwood District Cricket Association in Melbourne has
cancelled this weekend's fixtures because of the current covid
explosion. I wonder how many other local competitions will do
the same. And for how long.
I think it’s too late to cancel it, even by dvca standards. A lot of Players & umpires coming home early/altering summer holidays plans for this round. Would be a shame if two days before the round they just say “pack her up”
However I don’t think this will be the case with the DVCA already having umpire allocations out. Let’s play cricket 👍👍

Play.. gotta play, my big fear is probably like many others if not all others we stop for 1 week how long till we restart again? How long is a piece of string? If clubs can field 2 teams this weekend then they should play and I reckon there won’t be many teams that physically can’t. Hopefully the DVCA and clubs are fully committed to playing and don’t put up the white flag because they might be missing a couple big players this weekend, I don’t think people realise the repercussions for closing the doors, just ask local footy clubs….

Riverside vs Banyule
NEW vs Rosanna
Epping vs Macleod
Diamo vs LE
Heidelberg vs RECCC
4/5 not bad!
If it wasn’t for SV trying to switch hit the spinner and Salmy trying to put one into the plaza 2nd rock I would’ve had 5. Ahwell.
Let’s go again

NEW vs RECCC
Epping vs Banyule
Heidelberg vs Diamo
Macleod vs Rosanna
Riverside vs LE

4/5 not bad!
If it wasn’t for SV trying to switch hit the spinner and Salmy trying to put one into the plaza 2nd rock I would’ve had 5. Ahwell.
Let’s go again

NEW vs RECCC
Epping vs Banyule
Heidelberg vs Diamo
Macleod vs Rosanna
Riverside vs LE
assumes that SV and S would have made the extra 80 runs

I’d be looking at the first 10 overs of the Banyule innings for where the game was decided.
Maybe Salm should have bowled instead of an Under 16 in the opening overs, instead of in the middle against the lesser aggressive batsmen. Or maybe he should have saved some of his overs for the last 10 of Banyule’s innings, where further damage was done.

#justsaying

The half way point of the season and we have 5 teams on top lol. Extremely tight, looking at results and how teams have performed I think the only safe bet you could predict would be that Lower Eltham are on the way down, however in saying that 2 wins and they could be 2nd on points. Should break away in a couple of weeks you'd think.

1641852410617.png

Back