DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

CowCorner;287049 said:
What dribble, how about we stick to cricket on this thread and make a social crap thread ?

Just don't wanna see this get jammed with irrelevant tripe from hack poker players and hass beens :D:D:D

Agree and iwasn't a has been, I was a never was.

Anyhow my thoughts of this round are
Lower Eltham v Lower Plenty. LE to win, batting will be too strong, but they will worried as Arnberger is yet to fire and is well overdue.
Epping v Plenty. Could be a grand final preview. Who knows. Epping just.
Macleod v Eltham. Macleod, Waddingham & co to feast on Eltham's moderate attack.
Lalor Stars v Diamond Creek. Both teams are desperate for a win. Another toss of a coin, Creek.
Bundoora v Riverside. Traditional rivals who always lift against each other. Riverside will be confident after there batting last week, but Bundoora will be too strong at home.
Mernda v Research. Mernda with their top order back this week, will be way too good.

snowman007;286975 said:
Epping has been one of the best two teams for the past 3 years, are right up there again this year and DVCA can't find a spot for any of their players .... Team looks strong but surely a Hurst, Topham, Lever, McTaggart or Angelucci could easily fit into the mix.

I think you will find a few of the epping blokes were asked to play however they were encouraged not to play by their club.

The offical team is"
Gibbs
Love
Poyser
Glynn
Glynn
Whitcher
Baker
Hansen
Rosbrook
Adams
Connolly
Gunn

THE ICEMAN;287214 said:
Hanson??????????????????????????? I just worked out why, it's that side kick that tags along to watch him play cricket every game. That has to be the reason.

like your work....

he has had a pretty good year and was probably creeks best finals player last season, he bowled very well against us in the semi, on his form deserves a go.

I'm a bit suprised by Rosbrook & Connely both being in the side, but then again i don't know who made themselves un-available.

i would have thought Smale, Kemp, Waddingham may have been chosen & understand that Luke Rosbrook is a very good cricketer & played district cricket but he has only 4 wickets for the season:confused:

PremiersAgain;287206 said:
I think you will find a few of the epping blokes were asked to play however they were encouraged not to play by their club.

The offical team is"
Gibbs
Love
Poyser
Glynn
Glynn
Whitcher
Baker
Hansen
Rosbrook
Adams
Connolly
Gunn
Hanson??????????????????????????? I just worked out why, it's that side kick that tags along to watch him play cricket every game. That has to be the reason.

PremiersAgain;236699 said:
Mate i think you have some sort of an complex about the whole Money Vs Barclay thing. I just dont really care about what is happening in a divison which my club isnt competing. Is that so hard for you to understand. If we ever got relegated then i wouldnt give a fat rats tossbag about Barclay Shield, however untill that happens my interest will remain on this board.

Next year north eltham will be there look out

Bundoora;287343 said:
like your work....

he has had a pretty good year and was probably creeks best finals player last season, he bowled very well against us in the semi, on his form deserves a go.

I'm a bit suprised by Rosbrook & Connely both being in the side, but then again i don't know who made themselves un-available.

i would have thought Smale, Kemp, Waddingham may have been chosen & understand that Luke Rosbrook is a very good cricketer & played district cricket but he has only 4 wickets for the season:confused:

Sour grapes? Probably the quickest bowler in the comp and deserves a go. Actually surprised Adams was chosen, has been erratic this year by all reports.

another_ton;287361 said:
Sour grapes? Probably the quickest bowler in the comp and deserves a go. Actually surprised Adams was chosen, has been erratic this year by all reports.

no sour grapes champ, far more deserving players than myself, including all the guys that have been picked. just find it hard to fathom that a guy with 4 wickets for the season is picked. He may bowl fast but that doesn't mean he is a better bowler than a guy who bowls a few yards slower.

as for stu, he has 13 wickets @19 compared to Lukes 4 @ 49....

Not having a crack at Luke, i'm sure it will take a bit of time adjust to some of the new pitches, bowled too short agains us, but the comp side should be picked on form not on who 2 or 3 selectors think are the better cricketer or cos they have played at a higher level in the past...

THE ICEMAN;287214 said:

like your work....

PremiersAgain;236699 said:
Mate i think you have some sort of an complex about the whole Money Vs Barclay thing. I just dont really care about what is happening in a divison which my club isnt competing. Is that so hard for you to understand. If we ever got relegated then i wouldnt give a fat rats tossbag about Barclay Shield, however untill that happens my interest will remain on this board.

Next year north eltham will be there look out

Bundoora;287383 said:
no sour grapes champ, far more deserving players than myself, including all the guys that have been picked. just find it hard to fathom that a guy with 4 wickets for the season is picked. He may bowl fast but that doesn't mean he is a better bowler than a guy who bowls a few yards slower.

Not having a crack at Luke, i'm sure it will take a bit of time adjust to some of the new pitches, bowled too short agains us, but the comp side should be picked on form not on who 2 or 3 selectors think are the better cricketer or cos they have played at a higher level in the past...

Surely the selectors should have a neutral view of things then, and not be aligned to clubs.

By the way how did Luke bowl to you?

Bundoora;287343 said:
like your work....

another_ton;287391 said:
Surely the selectors should have a neutral view of things then, and not be aligned to clubs.

your probably making the point that i batted at 9 i think, luke probably bowled 6 or so overs to myself & Gibbo. He bowled at good pace but as previosly stated, bowled too short. Not boucers, just not to many that threatend the stumps. Having said that, we deliberately made a point to try and knock him a round for 1 or 2 an over and attack from the other end, maybe other clubs are being overly cautious to him & Hubs & deciding to put the screws on there change bowlers, thats why the wickets aren't coming??

happy to cop the "koala" digs when batting so low, moving all the way up to 6for the rest of the season, chance the writing will be still on the pill if history is anythnig to go by!!

another_ton;287361 said:

rusty81;283993 said:
true true
there is a guy who played for northcote two years ago...left hander,black hair and first name is andrew...does anyone know this guys last name...he has come down to play at the might lower plenty to join the batting line up of crook(rusty), Arnberger(cheese), Zerafa, tenni and the quick bowler 'barnet' (s2h) with e few runs...alright batting line up on paper...
any one know this blokes name who came from northcote...first name andrew

does anyone know who this guy is yet? speaking to Brent last week, he wouldn't tell me his name but hinted he was an extremely good bat....

Bundoora;287343 said:
like your work....

were both asked to play but couldnt due to other committments. Connolly is coming off a 90 and 40 last to weeks so definately has the form line to be included when you consider who is unavaliable.

Bundoora;287383 said:

PremiersAgain;287530 said:
were both asked to play but couldnt due to other committments. Connolly is coming off a 90 and 40 last to weeks so definately has the form line to be included when you consider who is unavaliable.

fair enough, good luck to all 12 players, hope they pull the h.d.c.a.'s pants down

my tips - rosbrook to get 5 for & Sconna 70 odd, just to show what a good judge i am

hope this rain pi$$es off!!

another_ton;287391 said:

your probably making the point that i batted at 9 i think, luke probably bowled 6 or so overs to myself & Gibbo. He bowled at good pace but as previosly stated, bowled too short. Not boucers, just not to many that threatend the stumps. Having said that, we deliberately made a point to try and knock him a round for 1 or 2 an over and attack from the other end, maybe other clubs are being overly cautious to him & Hubs & deciding to put the screws on there change bowlers, thats why the wickets aren't coming??

happy to cop the "koala" digs when batting so low, moving all the way up to 6for the rest of the season, chance the writing will be still on the pill if history is anythnig to go by!!

rusty81;283993 said:
true true
there is a guy who played for northcote two years ago...left hander,black hair and first name is andrew...does anyone know this guys last name...he has come down to play at the might lower plenty to join the batting line up of crook(rusty), Arnberger(cheese), Zerafa, tenni and the quick bowler 'barnet' (s2h) with e few runs...alright batting line up on paper...
any one know this blokes name who came from northcote...first name andrew

does anyone know who this guy is yet? speaking to Brent last week, he wouldn't tell me his name but hinted he was an extremely good bat....

Great effort by Eltham to get that many, Skips as per usual and Willo smashing them at the end. But the biggest disgrace was that Macleod had 50+ extras. And 50 of them were wides and no balls. It was the effort of an under 12s team!

Bundoora;287343 said:
like your work....

Nawab of Pautadi;287856 said:
Lower prerbly shouldve got anothr 40 more. Well done to poyz.

Aslo to micky g8 pik up by th bombrs. mite pik up a membrshp now

280odd after being sent in is still a good knock on a big ground.

Interesting move the send in, I hear Macleod sent Eltham in as well only to be hit for 250.

There is always reasons for sending a team in but when it backfires it can hurt. To quote Ian Chappel '9 times out of 10 you win the toss and bat.....on the 10th time you think about bowling ....and bat' RUns on the board are always runs on the board.

And yes to Micky, whilst I hate Essendon I suppose now you are drafted I will show some interest when you play, well done mate. (at least its not Collingwood:D:D)

PremiersAgain;287530 said:

fair enough, good luck to all 12 players, hope they pull the h.d.c.a.'s pants down

my tips - rosbrook to get 5 for & Sconna 70 odd, just to show what a good judge i am

hope this rain pi$$es off!!

get over it;286369 said:
Ok, I have one, how about the best composite batsman in the comp.
Drive - Topham
Cut - Love
Pull - Minney
Slog - Keays

Best Bloke - Ian Rutt/Geoff Milner/Andy Taylor

Great effort by Eltham to get that many, Skips as per usual and Willo smashing them at the end. But the biggest disgrace was that Macleod had 50+ extras. And 50 of them were wides and no balls. It was the effort of an under 12s team!

milo kerrigan;287386 said:
Kempy was asked but unfortunately could not play due to work commitments, just looking at the team who is the keeper.

Luke Poyser is keeping and is in pretty good batting form. Really good ton he made yesterday. Scratchy early, got his eye in and exploded after tea.

Nawab of Pautadi;287856 said:
Lower prerbly shouldve got anothr 40 more. Well done to poyz.

Aslo to micky g8 pik up by th bombrs. mite pik up a membrshp now

Interesting move the send in, I hear Macleod sent Eltham in as well only to be hit for 250.

There is always reasons for sending a team in but when it backfires it can hurt. To quote Ian Chappel '9 times out of 10 you win the toss and bat.....on the 10th time you think about bowling ....and bat' RUns on the board are always runs on the board.

And yes to Micky, whilst I hate Essendon I suppose now you are drafted I will show some interest when you play, well done mate. (at least its not Collingwood:D:D)

CowCorner;287936 said:

It did seem like a surprise decision. Lower Eltham at 2 for about 40, you could think it was starting to be a good decision until a great partnership by Poys and Digger. Both batted sensationally, and it is a good score considering the ground is the slowest it has been for a while. They ran plenty of threes and a four to prove it.

Does anyone know how the comp game went today. Didn't get a chance to head done. Too hungover and couldn't move.

Also would like to congratulate Mickey Still on being drafted by the mighty bombers. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders, i'm sure he'll make it. I will be buying a jumper with his number on it, if I can find one big enough.

get over it;286369 said:
Ok, I have one, how about the best composite batsman in the comp.
Drive - Topham
Cut - Love
Pull - Minney
Slog - Keays

Best Bloke - Ian Rutt/Geoff Milner/Andy Taylor

The430king;288065 said:
Also would like to congratulate Mickey Still on being drafted by the mighty bombers. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders, i'm sure he'll make it. I will be buying a jumper with his number on it, if I can find one big enough.

Rays Tent City have a massive sale on Jim! I'll ring them and let them know you are coming to get a red and black one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back