DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

PremiersAgain;272662 said:
THE ICEMAN;272658 said:
Now i still honestly believe with the class we have in the 1st right now we will still be aiming to win the flag. Lovie, Hubbs, Rossy, Johono, Malf, Sconna and Gordy Zull would walk into any other team in the Dvca.

I think your mouth on here is great and I really like what you have to say because you have an opinion but sometimes you talk shit.

Malf and Johono are well past walking into any other team in the DVCA sure they would be in the mix but not automatic selections. Sconna please never made a tough run in his life just a batsmen that is very flashy and comes off 2 or 3 times a year.

Maybe you should take the blinders off because not all players from plenty are superstars.

Bubble Wrap;272740 said:
Who are the district cricketers from Plenty and Creek at the moment? I can think of a couple, but I can think of a couple from other clubs as well that would be handy additions into their clubs as well.

Creek: Michael Hill (1st xi at Melbourne, Rookie Contracted Bushrangers), Andrew Sturgess (1st xi Northcote), Josh Adams (1st xi Northcote), Dale Campbell (2nd xi Fitz Doncaster, has played 1's), Daniel Taylor (3rd xi at Northcote, has made 2nd xi century)

Plenty: Chris Salm (1st xi Carlton), Nick Ross (2nd xi Carlton, has played 1's), Ellyse Villani (Vic Spirit Squad Member, she can play) Ben Abbatangelo (3rd xi Northcote, only 15 years old, would probably be playing in Plenty 1's at the moment if still there)

I know that other clubs have produced some good players, Mark Doyle from Riverside for one ;), but as far as constantly churning them out I think Creek and the Power are probably at the upper echelon.

PremiersAgain;272810 said:
I HATE EVERYONE;272696 said:
i just think its weak as piss with you potting us when your hiding behind your screen. let me know some facts about your club and we can compare.

I still think people like trying to get into Plenty because of how successfull we are and how dangerous we will always be. Especially muppets like you!

You mean how dangerous you were, didn't make finals last year, and struggling this year.

get over it;272867 said:
You mean how dangerous you were, didn't make finals last year, and struggling this year.

Spot on!

I said before round 1 that it was funny how there was only one bloke on here saying his team WILL win the flag, how that has now come back to bite him on the arse. Even though he still has them penciled in as favourites.

Mark Harvey said Freo were a dangerous side this year - I bet you laughed when he said it PA, why would it be any different with you and Plenty this year, or so far this year?

If only the season was played after Christmas - Plenty won all 4 after Christmas last year, don't you know! :rolleyes:

As good as the club's been over a period, the stars are showing their age and just simply aren't as potent as they have been, while the kids are exactly that. You're time will come again - I just think you're a bit ahead of yourself here champ.

Oh well we'll wait and see boys. Geez what a shocking effort on the weekend by us not to have macleod smash us all over the park. Also isn't it dissapointing to see one of our average kids coming out of the juniors Brent Redmond taking 6 wickets yesterday.

hows that?;272840 said:
Creek: Michael Hill (1st xi at Melbourne, Rookie Contracted Bushrangers), Andrew Sturgess (1st xi Northcote), Josh Adams (1st xi Northcote), Dale Campbell (2nd xi Fitz Doncaster, has played 1's), Daniel Taylor (3rd xi at Northcote, has made 2nd xi century)

Plenty: Chris Salm (1st xi Carlton), Nick Ross (2nd xi Carlton, has played 1's), Ellyse Villani (Vic Spirit Squad Member, she can play) Ben Abbatangelo (3rd xi Northcote, only 15 years old, would probably be playing in Plenty 1's at the moment if still there)

I know that other clubs have produced some good players, Mark Doyle from Riverside for one ;), but as far as constantly churning them out I think Creek and the Power are probably at the upper echelon.

Also forgot to mention Chris Hussey is playing 2's at Essendon

PremiersAgain;273142 said:
Also forgot to mention Chris Hussey is playing 2's at Essendon

Great point PremiersAgain, churning out some good juniors both Plenty and the Creek. Dont underate the Power, they will always be there abouts in the Barclay Shield.

I HATE EVERYONE;272696 said:
i just think its weak as piss with you potting us when your hiding behind your screen. let me know some facts about your club and we can compare.

I still think people like trying to get into Plenty because of how successfull we are and how dangerous we will always be. Especially muppets like you!

I'm not potting "us", I'm potting you, its fun. Clearly you cant read, who said I'm from a club, who said I'm even in Australia, maybe I'm just an avid follower who thinks you talk a fair amount of crap. Looks like a few people are holding you to account for gobbing off.

Good on the young bloke for taking a bag on the weekend, also see young Mitch made back to back junior tons, again good on him.

Also heard a rumor as to why your middle order loyalist left this year, obviously doesn't believe in puting something back into the game.

I'll be clear, I think Plenty is a pretty good club full of pretty good blokes, with the odd exception.

back onto cricket

you would be fair devostated to cop a diamond duck 1st ball off the day, should have called him back hoggy, now he's got nothing to do for 159.5 overs wait thats actually 160 overs.

What is everyone's thoughts on the weekend?

I reckon............

Epping (286) will get the points over Riverside, who will need a massive effort to even get close. Well done to Johnny Lever on his hundred.

Bundoora wont get within a hundred of Stars (8/315cc), Keaysy will be the destroyer in a dominating all round performance by the boys from Lalor. Thought Bundoora (Mann and Adams) would have had enough to restrict them to a fair bit less than that.

Mernda (5/102) should beat Lower Plenty (147) but I think they may fall short. Would love to be watching the first hour of that one this Saturday as much as I would have loved to have seen Chesto's first spell.

Eltham won't trouble Research (6/280cc) unless Minney makes at least 130 of them. He might hold up his end of the bargain but his mates might let him down. Search should have enough on the board to get home easily.

Plenty (1/59) will have no trouble on the small quick ground chasing down Macleod (168). Good to see Waddingham get a couple again. Who is Redmond? Can anyone from Macleod or Plenty fill the rest of us in on him?

Lower Eltham (7/113) will get Creek (138) if Gunny is still there when they do, if he goes early it may be a tense hour too! Creek only need a sniff to get up and going and they have a big one!

Anyone?

CricketBox;273503 said:
What is everyone's thoughts on the weekend?

I reckon............

Epping (286) will get the points over Riverside, who will need a massive effort to even get close. Well done to Johnny Lever on his hundred.

Bundoora wont get within a hundred of Stars (8/315cc), Keaysy will be the destroyer in a dominating all round performance by the boys from Lalor. Thought Bundoora (Mann and Adams) would have had enough to restrict them to a fair bit less than that.

Mernda (5/102) should beat Lower Plenty (147) but I think they may fall short. Would love to be watching the first hour of that one this Saturday as much as I would have loved to have seen Chesto's first spell.

Eltham won't trouble Research (6/280cc) unless Minney makes at least 130 of them. He might hold up his end of the bargain but his mates might let him down. Search should have enough on the board to get home easily.

Plenty (1/59) will have no trouble on the small quick ground chasing down Macleod (168). Good to see Waddingham get a couple again. Who is Redmond? Can anyone from Macleod or Plenty fill the rest of us in on him?

Lower Eltham (7/113) will get Creek (138) if Gunny is still there when they do, if he goes early it may be a tense hour too! Creek only need a sniff to get up and going and they have a big one!

Anyone?

Good wrap up, agree with everything you say (although Mernda shoud get the runs) there will be a few interesting 1st hours this week.

Not bad. Lower V Creek should be a good one thats if My Cricket has it right. They have Curtis coming in at 10? Surley not, but if this is the case I think Lower to get the points. I hear there were quiet a few ripping catches in this game from both sides.

Plenty will easily do it.

Riverside won't be capable of chasing down that score with the Pingers attack. They have a good line up but they will need to bat all day to get those runs and can't see them with standing the attack of Epping.

Eltham will win if Skips get 200 of them as much as id like the boys to get up I think the game is out of reach.

Macleod and Bundoora game are said and done.

Mernda will get the points over Lower but only just.

THE ICEMAN;273538 said:
Not bad. Lower V Creek should be a good one thats if My Cricket has it right. They have Curtis coming in at 10? Surley not, but if this is the case I think Lower to get the points. I hear there were quiet a few ripping catches in this game from both sides.

Plenty will easily do it.

Riverside won't be capable of chasing down that score with the Pingers attack. They have a good line up but they will need to bat all day to get those runs and can't see them with standing the attack of Epping.

Eltham will win if Skips get 200 of them as much as id like the boys to get up I think the game is out of reach.

Macleod and Bundoora game are said and done.

Mernda will get the points over Lower but only just.

From what I heard Digger nicked off early for a holiday so MyCricket is correct.

Yep Skip needs to make at least 150 and Willo 70 for Eltham to have any chance.

Nicely wrapped Box - You didn't happen to play indoor down at Action in Thommo after last season did you?

Mernda's batting has been known to crumble on occasion, but I agree with Ice Man and CowCorner - they should get there, just!

Everything else seems pretty spot on though.

What's happened down at Bundy this year? The word around was that they were looking to really kick on after showing a bit last year, they look to have taken 3 steps backward?

Riverside will need to bat well but they do have the men.
Pigditis, smale, gibbs one of them needs to make a big one including a few good cameos.

captain cuzz;272528 said:
I've asked a couple of blokes running the show what the deal is with that and I got the same answer from both - "yes the scores will be up, but we can't tell you when, we're working with the mob that was running it before we switched back to resultsvault, blah blah blah"

Hopefully it works better than when they switched last time and we actually do get the stats across.

I did hear it was supposed to early October, but seeing as though that's come and gone, who knows.

The scorecards from the past few seasons on realsports cant be transferred directly across, so the responsibility is on the Diamond Valley to input them manually again. Surely they could pay a work experience kid for a month to do this????

captain cuzz;273558 said:
Nicely wrapped Box - You didn't happen to play indoor down at Action in Thommo after last season did you?

Mernda's batting has been known to crumble on occasion, but I agree with Ice Man and CowCorner - they should get there, just!

Everything else seems pretty spot on though.

What's happened down at Bundy this year? The word around was that they were looking to really kick on after showing a bit last year, they look to have taken 3 steps backward?

haven't hit the panic button yet, but you are right, we do expect a lot after our efforts last season and as we stand those expectations have not changed.
Our bowlers were a lot better than the figures suggest, we were pathetic in the field on Saturday ( 7 dropped catches ) and that was the difference in Lalor Stars getting 250 or 315. Kemp batted really well & didn't give a chance & unfortunately the other bats were good enough to capatilise on our mistakes. It won't be the last time a big total is made on that ground this year ( very fast & small boundaries ) so i'm hoping we can get things back on track this week. We have a similar batting line up to the team that made 300+ against them at our ground last year so in that regards i think we can win but what else would you expect me to say. We have been 5/20 in our first two hits so i'm not sure you could back us to get 316 in two hits let alone 1.

Kingofthevalley;273608 said:
The scorecards from the past few seasons on realsports cant be transferred directly across, so the responsibility is on the Diamond Valley to input them manually again. Surely they could pay a work experience kid for a month to do this????

Or an import looking for some extra $$$:D

Kingofthevalley;273608 said:

Well knowing that, my expectations have now gone from low to sub-zero.

Although, part of the agreement to go back to resaults vault was that we'll have all the stats transferred at some stage. Is that correct or have a I pulled that out of nowhere? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back