DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

THE ICEMAN;276676 said:
Well what clubs are in a better position then Bundoora? As for my comments yesterday about stacking sides with imports, what sort of satisfaction is a commitie and club as a whole going to get out of winning a flag that way thats if they do. Don't you think as a commitie member or supporter you would like to sit back and say I helped build that premiership though years of hard work that has payed off. Rather than say I helped by that flag, and who were the blokes that played in it again. You want to be able to talk about that stuff years later, and the chances are those won't be there to reflect on it with you. As 4 Bundoora that is a shit comment, if you wanna talk about location yours is one of the worst. And Hoggy get 2 training.

Havent been on this site for a while and logged on tonite to see a whole load of shite again!!

Can't beleive the import debate has come up again. You think we have not worked hard over the last 8-10 years on our juniors??

We had a very lean patch in the late 90's where our juniors fell right away.
This caused a 'generation' gap for about 7-8 years with a lack of quality and numbers coming though to senior ranks.

We have sinced worked very hard to rectify this and we can now see qulaity numbers and ability coming through.

Yes our A grade are not as young or full of youngsters as we would have liked due to the large gap explained above which is soon to be filled by the up and coming youngsters in the coming few years.

We have probably 30 kids from 20yo to 15yo playing senior cricket now. ( in 5 snr teams)

Just for a glimpse I will go thru' our two top senior teams to show an example of how we are tracking: 16 of our top 22 are from our juniors at some stage.

Barclay Shield
P Barker 17 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
S Montalto 18 yo from Bundoora Juniors
JA Nicholas Team of century & long time player
ML Ravindra 21 yo SriLankan import
S Gibson Good mate of coach
SS Taggar Local uni student - walked in off street
J Carland Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
*B Dean Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
S Adams Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
+A Sing Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
GS Mann Local uni student - walked in off street

Barlclay Reserve
+L Dyson 16 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
M Dyson 18 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
J Flint 20 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
P Scott long time senior player
RX Dyson 15 yo - Bundoora Junior
*D Pendlebury long term senior and ex junior player
AJ White long term senior and ex junior player
T Goodman 18 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
R Adams long term senior and ex junior player
A Barker 20 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
B Odermatt 17 yo - from Bundoora Juniors

Our reserves side is symbolic of the structure of the rest of our club. 4-6 older blokes and 5-7 younger kids. We think the mix is about right.

We cannot play an A grade team full of just kids. No club can do this without significant senior support. Unfortunatley we didnt have this support in recent seasons and so yes we 'imported' a player or two over the past 3 years to help us remain competitive. No secrets here.

We experience the lows of relegation a few years back. Although we had a last minute reprieve and stayed in Barlcay, this only occurred in the last weeks before the season. The whle winter was spent trying to recruit players to a 2nd division club. Almost impossible.

We did not want to go there again!!

Note - There is not one kid who is not playing ones because of an 'import' being in his place.

These kids need to be ready and good enough to play at this level. They cannot just be given a game because they are young. Destroy their confidence because they are not ready and be lost to the game forever.

As 'Bundoora' has mentioned recruits rarely walk in off the street. District players want a fortune and as is proven are rarely worth it.
If we can manage to get our 2nd 'import' in Dinesh back here, he has told us he will stay with us for life. Hopefully Ravindra will too. Time will tell. Both are fantastic people and great to have around the kids.

Imports are not the right direction for all clubs, but necessary for some others that may not be blessed with the growing community areas such as Diamond Creek, Research, Mernda, Sth Morang (to name a few) areas which readily feed their junior programs. Our suburb (bundoora) is an old established area and junior numbers are sometimes hard to find without a lot of hard work.

We invest heavily in professional coaching for a majority of our juniors and younger senior players. We try to ensure that a majority of kids who complete the journey thru' from 12's - 16's have experienced several one on one paid coaching sessions during their time in the juniors. We have ensured all of our junior coaches are a minimum of level one accreditied as well. All this costs money - which we are proud and happy to invest.

Time will tell how successful our junior program has been over the past 8 years. I expect our A grade teams in the next 10 years to be full of ex junior players (maybe with an import or 2 as well).

Good luck to you and your club and however you wish to run it ( if indeed you are even willing to have a crack at getting involved), but don't throw shit at other clubs that have a plan of attack and are following that plan. Just because you dont agree with it.
Happy to discuss with you our plans if you want to call. You'll find me in the book under Bundoora - Pres.

Pres,

I think most people actually agreed with you. Clubs must do what they can to stay where they want.

I reckon a few on here know that Icy missed the mark and I am sure you have enghtened him and others.

Good luck for the season and the future, looks to be in great hands as I am sure most clubs are.

THE PREZ;278916 said:
Havent been on this site for a while and logged on tonite to see a whole load of shite again!!

Can't beleive the import debate has come up again. You think we have not worked hard over the last 8-10 years on our juniors??

We had a very lean patch in the late 90's where our juniors fell right away.
This caused a 'generation' gap for about 7-8 years with a lack of quality and numbers coming though to senior ranks.

We have sinced worked very hard to rectify this and we can now see qulaity numbers and ability coming through.

Yes our A grade are not as young or full of youngsters as we would have liked due to the large gap explained above which is soon to be filled by the up and coming youngsters in the coming few years.

We have probably 30 kids from 20yo to 15yo playing senior cricket now. ( in 5 snr teams)

Just for a glimpse I will go thru' our two top senior teams to show an example of how we are tracking: 16 of our top 22 are from our juniors at some stage.

Barclay Shield
P Barker 17 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
S Montalto 18 yo from Bundoora Juniors
JA Nicholas Team of century & long time player
ML Ravindra 21 yo SriLankan import
S Gibson Good mate of coach
SS Taggar Local uni student - walked in off street
J Carland Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
*B Dean Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
S Adams Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
+A Sing Long term Bundoora player & ex junior
GS Mann Local uni student - walked in off street

Barlclay Reserve
+L Dyson 16 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
M Dyson 18 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
J Flint 20 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
P Scott long time senior player
RX Dyson 15 yo - Bundoora Junior
*D Pendlebury long term senior and ex junior player
AJ White long term senior and ex junior player
T Goodman 18 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
R Adams long term senior and ex junior player
A Barker 20 yo - from Bundoora Juniors
B Odermatt 17 yo - from Bundoora Juniors

Our reserves side is symbolic of the structure of the rest of our club. 4-6 older blokes and 5-7 younger kids. We think the mix is about right.

We cannot play an A grade team full of just kids. No club can do this without significant senior support. Unfortunatley we didnt have this support in recent seasons and so yes we 'imported' a player or two over the past 3 years to help us remain competitive. No secrets here.

We experience the lows of relegation a few years back. Although we had a last minute reprieve and stayed in Barlcay, this only occurred in the last weeks before the season. The whle winter was spent trying to recruit players to a 2nd division club. Almost impossible.

We did not want to go there again!!

Note - There is not one kid who is not playing ones because of an 'import' being in his place.

These kids need to be ready and good enough to play at this level. They cannot just be given a game because they are young. Destroy their confidence because they are not ready and be lost to the game forever.

As 'Bundoora' has mentioned recruits rarely walk in off the street. District players want a fortune and as is proven are rarely worth it.
If we can manage to get our 2nd 'import' in Dinesh back here, he has told us he will stay with us for life. Hopefully Ravindra will too. Time will tell. Both are fantastic people and great to have around the kids.

We invest heavily in professional coaching for a majority of our juniors and younger senior players. We try to ensure that a majority of kids who complete the journey thru' from 12's - 16's have experienced several one on one paid coaching sessions during their time in the juniors. We have ensured all of our junior coaches are a minimum of level one accreditied as well. All this costs money - which we are proud and happy to invest.

Time will tell how successful our junior program has been over the past 8 years. I expect our A grade teams in the next 10 years to be full of ex junior players (maybe with an import or 2 as well).

Good luck to you and your club and however you wish to run it ( if indeed you are even willing to have a crack at getting involved), but don't throw shit at other clubs that have a plan of attack and are following that plan. Just because you dont agree with it.
Happy to discuss with you our plans if you want to call. You'll find me in the book under Bundoora - Pres.

I would have just told him to go fourth and multiply, but you are a great diplomat.

Tongs;278469 said:
Thought that it would be interesting at this stage of the year to put some stats out there for debate. Here they are:

Top 10 Runs:

1. Glen Turner (Res) 229 runs (average 114.5)
2. Mark Minney (Elth) 207 runs (average 67.67)
3. Brent Zerafa (LP) 181 runs (average 60.33)
4. Hannadige m Soysa (Res) 180 runs (average 45.00)
5. Luke Poyser (L.EL) 174 runs (average 43.50)
6. Justin Whitcher (L.EL) 173 runs (average 57.67)
7. Elliot Smale (Riv) 164 runs (average 41.00)
8. Shane Waddingham (Mac) 145 runs (average 48.33)
9. Brett Wilding (Mac) 145 runs (average 72.50)
10. John Lever (Epp) 137 runs (average 45.67)

Interesting to see the following names:

137. Corey Hurst (Epp) 3 Runs (average 3.00)
131. Gordan Zull (Ple) 5 Runs (average 2.50)
94. Luke Burgoyne (L.El) 24 Runs (average 24.00)
70. Shannon Malone (Res) 37 Runs (average 9.25)
61. Steven Elworthy (Mer) 49 Runs (average 16.33)
43. David Love (Ple) 63 Runs (average 63.00)
37. Simon Salpigtidis (L.El) 71 Runs (average 17.75)
31. Shane Topham (Epp) 80 Runs (average 20.00)
23. Wayne Glynn (D.C) 101 Runs (average 33.67)
19. Jason Arnberger (LP) 107 Runs (average 26.75)

has to bat this week and has a pretty handy average, that explains that name

New here

I am unapologetic in my enjoyment of 5 wins out of 5, 2 outrights (what club could i come from?????).

To all, do not ignore the fact that substance is less attractive but more useful than flash. The word-fest, rhetoric, self justification smacks of a lacking confidnce, (you know who you are plural). Think about it if words, and plenty of fairly useless ones, are your means of self gratification in this forum then maybe you not quite thinking in the interest of all, or any.

Thumbs up;279534 said:
New here

I am unapologetic in my enjoyment of 5 wins out of 5, 2 outrights (what club could i come from?????).

To all, do not ignore the fact that substance is less attractive but more useful than flash. The word-fest, rhetoric, self justification smacks of a lacking confidnce, (you know who you are plural). Think about it if words, and plenty of fairly useless ones, are your means of self gratification in this forum then maybe you not quite thinking in the interest of all, or any.

Bundoora boys last week, you this week, it's funny how winning brings them out of the wood work! ;)

Thumbs up;279534 said:
New here

There's Money shield page too, why don't you try that one.

Thumbs up;279534 said:
New here

ah you would probably come from Riverside U/12 2's.keep going and good luck in the future and tell your mum I will see her next saturday morning when she drops you off.

Thumbs up;279534 said:
New here

Congrtulations TU, looking at results I see you may also be from Lower Eltham (although using big words like that you could not have hung around last night for the celebrations to long....)

To supporters from Eltham and Lower Eltham whilst I was not there (playing elsewhere) I heard that local cricket is alive and well at Eltham when the crowd of both sides (reported to be above 70 at the time) all stood as one and clapped Mark Minney off the ground after his 141. Good to see that clubs with such rivalry can still acknowledge class. From what Iheard it was a classic game and one of the better individual innings played that many had seen in years.

just forward thinking to the end of the year hopefully eltham can win a few games and get off the bottom of the ladder otherwise all of us will loose the chance to play on the best ground in the comp. After seeing some of the shit grounds this year all we need is st francis to come up annd have to play on their cow paddock.

Thumbs up;279534 said:
New here

When you've stopped celebrating (and good on you), could you please explain what the X%&^ you are talking about?

Thumbs up;279534 said:
New here

What planet are you on? Why are you preaching your jibberish crap on here?

The old riverside plenty rivalry was on show in this round with a-d grades all playing each other Plent won A, B and C where as D grade went to riverside. looking at the score cards i expected much better from riverside but when david love is back he is really back.

PremiersAgain;279697 said:
just forward thinking to the end of the year hopefully eltham can win a few games and get off the bottom of the ladder otherwise all of us will loose the chance to play on the best ground in the comp. After seeing some of the shit grounds this year all we need is st francis to come up annd have to play on their cow paddock.

I dont think you have to much to worry about there St Francis wont win Money. Might work out good Eltham come down and Eltham College may be the team to come up. Then you will be playing on the best ground in the comp!

Predictions for Round 5???

Epping v Macleod - Could be over very early

Mernda v Lower Eltham - Lower to continue there winning streak

Research v Lalor Stars - Lalor batsmen in form

Lower Plenty v Bundoora - Bundoora in a close one

Riverside v Eltham - Gibbs and Smale to score big hundreds

Diamond Creek v Plenty - Plenty finding form and always step up against creek

Ladder is starting to take some kind of form now Lower eltham Epping Creek and maybe plenty????

bradfromeltham;279974 said:
Predictions for Round 5???

Epping v Macleod - Could be over very early

Mernda v Lower Eltham - Lower to continue there winning streak

Research v Lalor Stars - Lalor batsmen in form

Lower Plenty v Bundoora - Bundoora in a close one

Riverside v Eltham - Gibbs and Smale to score big hundreds

Diamond Creek v Plenty - Plenty finding form and always step up against creek

Ladder is starting to take some kind of form now Lower eltham Epping Creek and maybe plenty????

As much as I hate to admit it - Mernda are sitting second after beating the Premiers and one Semi Finalist from last year, only 3 points from top spot because of Stars' pathetic excuse for a pitch..

Yet we continually under rate them, pick against them and you've picked Plenty who have a shaky, at best, start to the year and Creek who are 9 points behind them to finish in the 4 ahead of them..?

Game of the round this week against the two top sides, will Mernda get credit for a win or will it be Lower having bad day at the office if 2nd beats 1st?

captain cuzz;280081 said:
As much as I hate to admit it - Mernda are sitting second after beating the Premiers and one Semi Finalist from last year, only 3 points from top spot because of Stars' pathetic excuse for a pitch..

Yet we continually under rate them, pick against them and you've picked Plenty who have a shaky, at best, start to the year and Creek who are 9 points behind them to finish in the 4 ahead of them..?

Game of the round this week against the two top sides, will Mernda get credit for a win or will it be Lower having bad day at the office if 2nd beats 1st?

wouldn't get too wound up cuzz, i reckon bradfromeltham might be running a little kevin sheedy style "were the underdog" gamesmanship there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back