DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

creekers08/09;283404 said:
yeh sturgess opening for nothcote, clearly 20/20 is not his game, and possibly even cricket

Probably a bit harsh bagging a bloke opening a district team. Unless you have played a higher level yourself????

Get on the BigCricket VBookie, Have a punt on the games, and see who the real tipsters are!

If we don't punt on it, we will lose it! You all have 500 to start, its under your name! Have a crack!

bat11dontbowl;283397 said:
possibly the most boring 20/20 game in the short history of the format, fair few ppl there though

true true
there is a guy who played for northcote two years ago...left hander,black hair and first name is andrew...does anyone know this guys last name...he has come down to play at the might lower plenty to join the batting line up of crook(rusty), Arnberger(cheese), Zerafa, tenni and the quick bowler 'barnet' (s2h) with e few runs...alright batting line up on paper...
any one know this blokes name who came from northcote...first name andrew

yeh sturgess opening for nothcote, clearly 20/20 is not his game, and possibly even cricket

m8 you cant give him shit when he is opening the batting for a premier first 11club so if you have achieved more than what he has at 19 then i like to hear the storys you say bout your self

You dont happen to have a grudge against me? C'mon pal, I'm an old Creek boy myself, you dont rate my cricketing ability, or lack of according to you?

hows that?;284457 said:
You dont happen to have a grudge against me? C'mon pal, I'm an old Creek boy myself, you dont rate my cricketing ability, or lack of according to you?

just because someone has a bad day at the office and you cant accuse him becoz he has had one game if he didnt have the potential for the gamne would he have been picjed?
obvoiusly the selectors have a different perspective about sturge, my opinion is he can play all forms of the game and already play 1st XI at northcote at 19? if you ask me thats a fair effort
thats my say

Tongs;282846 said:
Firstly Big Jim, You don't win matches when you can't bowl one side of the wicket. Secondly, as the old saying goes "Catches win matches" and we simply didn't do it. Yes some were hard, or tough, but if you want to win games, you need to take the half chances. Riverside were outstanding though. Pig back in form, Smale is a gun, and they knew that their ground is rougher than a chick from broadies head! The hit the ball straight to fielder's and ran. Knowing that they will get a dodgey bounce, and with the pressure they will be home easily. so Eltham = poor effort, Riverside = Brilliant would give the result of chasing 350!

As for bold predictions, yes I picked Eltham against Lower, but they did give it a shake. I was wrong, I'm man enough to admit it!

From what i saw Tongs, it was a very dosile attack. It wouldn't worry many B grade sides. At least you guys will get a draw out of it and live to fight another day.

Lower Eltham will be spewing with this weather around. I don't plan on going up there because of the weather, because there is a fair chance you will smell the mushroom farm if i head there, and with my hangover, i will definitely spew.

As for Aloi, he is just about the size of me, and he won't trouble anyone if he's thinking about making a comeback.

The430king;284527 said:
From what i saw Tongs, it was a very dosile attack. It wouldn't worry many B grade sides. At least you guys will get a draw out of it and live to fight another day.

Lower Eltham will be spewing with this weather around. I don't plan on going up there because of the weather, because there is a fair chance you will smell the mushroom farm if i head there, and with my hangover, i will definitely spew.

As for Aloi, he is just about the size of me, and he won't trouble anyone if he's thinking about making a comeback.

Lay off Aloi, the superstar of the lower grades. When's your come back. There are plenty of us who get itchy feet, even if our guts prevent us from seeing them.

Thumbs up;284535 said:
Lay off Aloi, the superstar of the lower grades. When's your come back. There are plenty of us who get itchy feet, even if our guts prevent us from seeing them.

Knacka's if you can see the state i'm in at the moment, there is no chance in hell. Have you seen him lately. He looks like roly poly.

The430king;284537 said:
Knacka's if you can see the state i'm in at the moment, there is no chance in hell. Have you seen him lately. He looks like roly poly.

Ah well, the poor bloke has been in green pastures. Have you seen the state of many guys getting around in the low grades?

Fair to say that even if he has no impact on the game it will be entertaining with him in, like you he's got some kind of mouth on him... but occasionally funny.

The state you're in now doesn't matter it's just how you turn up on a Saturday. On second thought that would be very ugly, even with a dry Friday night.

Thumbs up;284538 said:
Ah well, the poor bloke has been in green pastures. Have you seen the state of many guys getting around in the low grades?

Fair to say that even if he has no impact on the game it will be entertaining with him in, like you he's got some kind of mouth on him... but occasionally funny.

The state you're in now doesn't matter it's just how you turn up on a Saturday. On second thought that would be very ugly, even with a dry Friday night.

What's a dry Friday night. I'm still figuring out how i'm getting up for work in the morning. As they say, I do my best work after midnight.

The430king;284527 said:

Straight into the ones?

Is it true that the lower Eltham v Mernda game was called off at 12:30? If so it is the lower boys must be so arrogant to call it off when they have the other team 8/48! I know people will say the ground was bad etc. But I don't care, if you have them 8/48 you wait till 5:30, bust your arse to get the ground right, and knock over the last two!

Tongs;284666 said:
Is it true that the lower Eltham v Mernda game was called off at 12:30? If so it is the lower boys must be so arrogant to call it off when they have the other team 8/48! I know people will say the ground was bad etc. But I don't care, if you have them 8/48 you wait till 5:30, bust your arse to get the ground right, and knock over the last two!
The synthetic had lifted of the pitch. Last time i checked water didn't have any acitone in it, but it could have been some special water who knows.

Tongs;284666 said:

Maybe they have to lay a new pitch. Hopefully they get it right this time and lay it straight onto the concrete not on the old synthetic pitch. Surely there's got to be standards to meet!

The430king;284527 said:

Did Aloi put on 40 kilos since the last weekend?

Whisper around the traps there is going to be a James Lambeth fitness club being run by Lord Lambeth Sunday's at lower Eltham Park 11:00 till 1:00

Tongs;284666 said:

Well done David just reinforcing the fact that everyone knows that you are a clown as per usual just embarrassing yourself on here. Shooting your mouth off before gathering all the information, are you just missing the fact you can't talk shit in the field for 5 hours every second saturday.

Vilos;284717 said:

Well done David just reinforcing the fact that everyone knows that you are a clown as per usual just embarrassing yourself on here. Shooting your mouth off before gathering all the information, are you just missing the fact you can't talk shit in the field for 5 hours every second saturday.

Burgs, you are throwing stones at me? Yes I might talk shit in the field, but at least when I sledge, or talk shit, people can actually understand me!! You sound as though you have down-syndrome!

I simply asked the question! YOu had them on the ropes, and the game is called off at 12. I just asked why!

milo kerrigan;284780 said:
did any sides try to get on the park ? saw st francis and mont trying to play it was fair to say it did not last long.

Eltham v Riverside B grade, played at panther place and played all day bar a couple of breaks. Eltham winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back