DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Tongs;284666 said:
Is it true that the lower Eltham v Mernda game was called off at 12:30? If so it is the lower boys must be so arrogant to call it off when they have the other team 8/48! I know people will say the ground was bad etc. But I don't care, if you have them 8/48 you wait till 5:30, bust your arse to get the ground right, and knock over the last two!

What's next? You'll say that Lower should have declared.

If you're any sort of cricketer (or person) you'd know not to spruik off without knowing the facts.

Nawab of Pautadi;284838 said:
What's next? You'll say that Lower should have declared.

If you're any sort of cricketer (or person) you'd know not to spruik off without knowing the facts.

Read my post you flog, I asked was it true? and if so, was it because........

The430king;284537 said:
Knacka's if you can see the state i'm in at the moment, there is no chance in hell. Have you seen him lately. He looks like roly poly.

Give me a break, Tortured Genuis. You're quite happy to spruik about "doing your best work after midnight" and sit on your ass and have a crack at someone who is actually having a go. I would be quite happy to have a weigh in if you want to say I'm the size of you, give it a rest mate - Here's an idea -put down the hamburger and go and have a hit yourself....

Watch out boys NEW are on the move comin to join u next year.
Good older blokes and the younger juniors playin are developing well. They look good for the future

Tongs;284783 said:
Eltham v Riverside B grade, played at panther place and played all day bar a couple of breaks. Eltham winners

north eltham got a game of c grade against lower plenty...ended in a draw because they only got 50 overs in

[QUOTE=Tongs;284769]Burgs, you are throwing stones at me? Yes I might talk shit in the field, but at least when I sledge, or talk shit, people can actually understand me!! You sound as though you have down-syndrome!

I simply asked the question! YOu had them on the ropes, and the game is called off at 12. I just asked why![/QUOTE]

Insults me for you to suggest I'm Burgs

But once again with your comments just enhancing your reputation as David "Cheap Shot" Quinlan.

Tell me Dave how many games were completed in Barclay Shield at the weekend?

Otis;284933 said:
Give me a break, Tortured Genuis. You're quite happy to spruik about "doing your best work after midnight" and sit on your ass and have a crack at someone who is actually having a go. I would be quite happy to have a weigh in if you want to say I'm the size of you, give it a rest mate - Here's an idea -put down the hamburger and go and have a hit yourself....

My playing days are well and truly over. I'm sick of making a fool of myself out in the middle, hence i've retired. I think you need to join my fitness club and drop some of those kg's perhaps. I do outweigh you by quite a fair bit, don't need to be Robinson Caruso to figure that one out. I'll sit there and watch you do the work while i'll drink cans and snack on hot dogs.

As for Tongs about the Lower Eltham boys being arrogant. There's no point hanging around for 5 hours when you know that the ground is unplayable ahnd the situation isn't going to change at 5.30. It's a pity that the it got rained out, with a few games in the balance, it could of shaped the ladder.

Burgs everyone knows it's you! And how many games were completed on Saturday? Or how many were called off at 12:30. I only asked the question

Anyone interested in a few drinks on saturday, theres a trivia night at diamond creek cc. Get a few boys together and come down for a few laughs.

Otis;284933 said:

My playing days are well and truly over. I'm sick of making a fool of myself out in the middle, hence i've retired. I think you need to join my fitness club and drop some of those kg's perhaps. I do outweigh you by quite a fair bit, don't need to be Robinson Caruso to figure that one out. I'll sit there and watch you do the work while i'll drink cans and snack on hot dogs.

As for Tongs about the Lower Eltham boys being arrogant. There's no point hanging around for 5 hours when you know that the ground is unplayable ahnd the situation isn't going to change at 5.30. It's a pity that the it got rained out, with a few games in the balance, it could of shaped the ladder.

Tongs;284666 said:
Is it true that the lower Eltham v Mernda game was called off at 12:30? If so it is the lower boys must be so arrogant to call it off when they have the other team 8/48! I know people will say the ground was bad etc. But I don't care, if you have them 8/48 you wait till 5:30, bust your arse to get the ground right, and knock over the last two!

Can tell you for certain arrogance played absolutely no part in the calling off of Saturday's game. I would've waited til 6:05pm if need be. The umpires made the decision that the pitch was dangerous and unfit for play for the captains (correct it was), of which I am one.

edit was my disgraceful english.

Opener2;285545 said:
Can tell you for certain arrogance played absolutely no part in the calling off of Saturday's game. I would've waited til 6:05pm if need be. The umpires made the decision that the pitch was dangerous and unfit for play for the captains (correct it was), of which I am one.

Changed your name Imported? Thank you for the honest answer to the original question LP, that's all I was after. Good luck this week big fella!

Burgs everyone knows it's you! And how many games were completed on Saturday? Or how many were called off at 12:30. I only asked the question

Tongs;285614 said:
Changed your name Imported? Thank you for the honest answer to the original question LP, that's all I was after. Good luck this week big fella!
Nah mate, the imported part was an error on the bigcricket server, they eventually fixed it up and my name reverted back to what I originally had.

No dramas about the answer! Any danger the much anticipated return is ever gonna happen?

Anyone interested in a few drinks on saturday, theres a trivia night at diamond creek cc. Get a few boys together and come down for a few laughs.

Opener2;285621 said:
Nah mate, the imported part was an error on the bigcricket server, they eventually fixed it up and my name reverted back to what I originally had.

No dramas about the answer! Any danger the much anticipated return is ever gonna happen?

No mate, I had a hit at training the other week in the hope of playing last game, pulled up shabby! (thank god I did)

Tongs;284666 said:

Tongs;285656 said:
No mate, I had a hit at training the other week in the hope of playing last game, pulled up shabby! (thank god I did)
is the back just due to old age? or a tragic dance floor incident? would've been a fun day chasing leather, hoggy said it was less than enjoyable!

Opener2;285545 said:

The430king;285395 said:

No worries mate...just don't eat all the hot dogs on me....

Tongs;285614 said:

Tips for round 6???

Lower Eltham v Lower Plenty - LE due for a loss
Epping v Plenty - EP in a close one
Macleod v Eltham - Waddingham will slog elthams ordinary at best attack
Lalor Stars v Diamond Creek - Creek easily
Bundoora v Riverside - Bundoora's import cleaned them up last year expect him to do it again
Mernda v Research - Baker to have them in all sorts on a bowler friendly deck

Opener2;285621 said:

bradfromeltham;285783 said:
Tips for round 6???

Bundoora v Riverside - Bundoora's import cleaned them up last year expect him to do it again

I reckon Lower Eltham will take some beating...LP will have to bowl very, very well..confidence is high at the moment....Salvo was bowling beautifully last week, at a decent clip too. They have very solid supporting seam crew - Burgoyne, McCutcheon and the wily Curtis....

Tongs;285656 said:
is the back just due to old age? or a tragic dance floor incident? would've been a fun day chasing leather, hoggy said it was less than enjoyable!

bradfromeltham;285783 said:
Tips for round 6???

Lower Eltham - Gunn against his old club to ton up.
Epping - Comfortably
Eltham - They need to find something in this year and will be backing themselves for this one.
Creek - Big ton to Glynn
Bundoora - I agree with bradfromeltham
Mernda - Baker to clean up on a pitch he knows and destroys on.

The430king;285395 said:

No worries mate...just don't eat all the hot dogs on me....

Opener2;285662 said:

Would love to say it was a dancefloor experience, but all cricketers know, you don't dance, you sit back and watch the fluff! Just screwed it over time keeping (and before anyone else gets in, not keeping very well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back