DVCA: Best senior 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Best senior 11?

bigcricket007;286990 said:
I still don't understand how any of you blokes have left Arnberger out of your best senior XI's. Last I checked, he fitted the criteria:

- is a senior cricketer
- plays D.V.C.A

As good as all our DVCA local legends are... none of them has over 6000 FIRST CLASS runs.

Just a quick question also... what is with the lack of Money Shield blokes nominated? If Shane Warne was playing at a Money Shield club... would he get looked over because he isn't grinding away with the 'big boys' in Barclay?

Just because a club is in a lower grade, doesn't make a talented individual any less of a cricketer... there is some decent talent floating around in Money Shield. Anyway, thats just MY opinion.

Pretty ridiculas post mate, some people did put Arnburger in others probably thought to wait and see what he does in the DVCA, as this was a DVCA best 11 thread.

By your reckoning Dale, Mash, Hill etc, could be in the side because the played DV cricket at some stage and are better than many players on peoples lists.

My understanding is that its the best players AT THE MOMENT, and unfortunaly Arnberger made his runs NOT this season and NOT in this comp (although I am sure he soon will)

One of the main reason (I suspect) that people post players that they know and have seen. I know I personnaly do not have much knowlegde on MS players, not my fault, cannot say I have watched many MS games, I am sure there is decent talent floating around MS.

Just MY opinion

CowCorner;286994 said:
Pretty ridiculas post mate, some people did put Arnburger in others probably thought to wait and see what he does in the DVCA, as this was a DVCA best 11 thread............

Fair enough... you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll agree to disagree. If I had to pick one bloke in the D.V.C.A to go out and get a century in my best XI, I'd pick Arnberger (no disrespect to Minney, Smale, etc).

Yeah, he hasn't got the runs on the board just yet... but form is only temporary, and talent is permanent. Surely you can admit he is the most talented batsman in the competition.

bigcricket007;287057 said:
Fair enough... you're entitled to your opinion, but I'll agree to disagree. If I had to pick one bloke in the D.V.C.A to go out and get a century in my best XI, I'd pick Arnberger (no disrespect to Minney, Smale, etc).

Yeah, he hasn't got the runs on the board just yet... but form is only temporary, and talent is permanent. Surely you can admit he is the most talented batsman in the competition.
Whilst i dont want to get into the Arnberger debate, just because he is the most talented doesnt meant he should be picked, there are plenty of more talented guys in the comp than say Mark Minney for example. Yet he is the most relaible and high scoring bat going around...

You cannot be taken serious with comments like this! If i had to take someone in the comp to bat for my life it would be Minney. After seeing him bat pretty much every game for about 5 years, and known him for alot more, I can safely say he is a freak. And without doubt the best bat in the comp!

There is NO way you are a barclay shield player with statements like that! You obviously don't know a thing about his ability!

No Good at cricket;287570 said:
What about club icon Al Mann from NEW ????

"No good at cricket" no good at naming gun DVCA cricketers? Good cricketer, but no gun!

Good point mate.

Ask any player in the DVCA and they would all agree Arnberger is a Gun.

Talent is permanent, and he has the runs on the board. He wll get DVCA runs soon, no doubt.

Tongs;287528 said:
You cannot be taken serious with comments like this! If i had to take someone in the comp to bat for my life it would be Minney. After seeing him bat pretty much every game for about 5 years, and known him for alot more, I can safely say he is a freak. And without doubt the best bat in the comp!

There is NO way you are a barclay shield player with statements like that! You obviously don't know a thing about his ability!

Why can't that statement be taken seriously??? It is my own opinion... same as you have yours. Does it mean that either one of us is right or wrong? No... because it is a personal opinion.

All I have said during this discussion is 'I can't believe that Arnberger has been left out of so many best XI squads'. I didn't say that those people were wrong for leaving him out however... same as I haven't said Minney isn't a freak. A bloke who can continually make scores like he does is clearly a freak.

However, my OPINION is... if I had to choose a batsman to play in my best XI, Arnberger would be my first choice. Is it right or wrong? Neither.

Opener2;287526 said:
Whilst i dont want to get into the Arnberger debate, just because he is the most talented doesnt meant he should be picked, there are plenty of more talented guys in the comp than say Mark Minney for example. Yet he is the most relaible and high scoring bat going around...

best to enter the debate after you dismiss him cheaply this week Luke:D

i understand the point your making about Skip, although i can't think of many MORE talented guys running around..

Bundoora;288330 said:
best to enter the debate after you dismiss him cheaply this week Luke:D

i understand the point your making about Skip, although i can't think of many MORE talented guys running around..
Thats one of the reasons why I didnt want to get into it! But I wasnt entering to talk about Bergs, more the talent part.

I was making the point that its not just about talent. Skips is very talented, but there are more talented around doing SWEET FA because they dont have Skips amazing mental side to their game! First guy I would pick in the DVCA if my life depended on it.

LOL LOL LOL! Just LOL! Matty is a complete muppet!

:D

No Good at cricket;292314 said:
Who could forget Matt Reid from NEW, when he is in form every body knows about it.
He is easily the best timer of the ball i have seen.

Did you start arguing my point for me?
Matty is a solid player, dont get me wrong, but this is the Best senior XI thread, a bit of clarity, please.

No Good at cricket;293324 said:
Ease up, Matt is a freak, he is almost as good as Ash Crawford

Sarcasm or seriously? I'm good mates with Matty, but I think you are quite a way off the mark here.
This is a thread where the Minney's, Whitcher's, Hurst's, Gibb's and Love's (plenty more mind you) of the competition should be noted...

No Good at cricket;293353 said:
Fair enough but he would be close i rekon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back