Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

Woo Hoo! Into the second page! So yeah, I know you're supposed to be somewhat anonymous on this but, I was playing Lalor Stars today, and was hoping to make, maybe, mid-20s, low 30s. I'd been batting better than what my last couple of hits would say I did, so I thought this was a reasonable target. I then face the first ball from a guy named Keays, who I suspect is known amongst players in the higher grades, from there on, I went from thinking mid-20s, low 30s to "S***! I'd be happy to last the next ball!" :eek: :D

I know Custard, at Thommo, may've copped some flak for playing mainly in the 4ths last season but I'd take him any day over this guy, and I've never faced Custard when he's taking it seriously! Even when I've dabbled in the 2s, never have I faced someone who can bowl really fast and swing it a lot, guys have bowled that fast, but not moved it much, guys have move the ball, but at a medium pace. No training session, no coach, no experience I have, has prepared me for this guy (so, maybe, my new attitude to training whereby I don't participate in it may be the correct attitude to have!). Even though he didn't get me out, it was very much the case where, cos this guy had me "thinking", the other bowler was then able to get me, but he was also a good bowler too, forgot his name though.

Not that I want to pump this guy's tyres up too much, he comes across as a bloke who doesn't need much of it! ;)

Woo Hoo! Into the second page! So yeah, I know you're supposed to be somewhat anonymous on this but, I was playing Lalor Stars today, and was hoping to make, maybe, mid-20s, low 30s. I'd been batting better than what my last couple of hits would say I did, so I thought this was a reasonable target. I then face the first ball from a guy named Keays, who I suspect is known amongst players in the higher grades, from there on, I went from thinking mid-20s, low 30s to "S***! I'd be happy to last the next ball!" :eek: :D

I know Custard, at Thommo, may've copped some flak for playing mainly in the 4ths last season but I'd take him any day over this guy, and I've never faced Custard when he's taking it seriously! Even when I've dabbled in the 2s, never have I faced someone who can bowl really fast and swing it a lot, guys have bowled that fast, but not moved it much, guys have move the ball, but at a medium pace. No training session, no coach, no experience I have, has prepared me for this guy (so, maybe, my new attitude to training whereby I don't participate in it may be the correct attitude to have!). Even though he didn't get me out, it was very much the case where, cos this guy had me "thinking", the other bowler was then able to get me, but he was also a good bowler too, forgot his name though.

Not that I want to pump this guy's tyres up too much, he comes across as a bloke who doesn't need much of it! ;)

It was always a chance to happen, Jackson would start playing senior cricket and Terry would come down the grades to play a few games with him. He is probably the best all-roundcricketer ever to play in the Valley, and he would certainly be in the bowling attack in the best DVCA side ever picked. Glad I'm having the season off.

Looking back, his bowling could actually have been fun to play against, starting off in a one-dayer and had I actually faced, at least a few, similar balls in any time of the previous 7 seasons I've been playing! When I did central umpiring later on, I noticed that not many balls would actually have hit the stumps, or close to, but yeah, not much use finding that out when I'm already out.

Not sure if any E grade players read this stuff, but just wanted to know who is looking as a premiership favourite this year?? Riverside and plenty are my tips for this year, but lalor are a worry, cant understand how they hav improved so much, were rubbish last year.....

Looking back, his bowling could actually have been fun to play against, starting off in a one-dayer and had I actually faced, at least a few, similar balls in any time of the previous 7 seasons I've been playing! When I did central umpiring later on, I noticed that not many balls would actually have hit the stumps, or close to, but yeah, not much use finding that out when I'm already out.
It would be a bit daunting to see a 6ft2 150kg man coming into ball:)

Terry is only playing down that low to play with Jackson, the main reason for our 4's is for a father son team so all the dads get to play with there sons.

It would be a bit daunting to see a 6ft2 150kg man coming into ball:)
The beefcake part didn't worry me, the fact that I had to concentrate harder and play better just to block him, as opposed to other bowlers at this level, where it's less effort to hit a boundary off them, is where my day was spoilt. :( I'll get over though!

Terry is only playing down that low to play with Jackson, the main reason for our 4's is for a father son team so all the dads get to play with there sons.
Yeah, fair enough too, I figured that, the other bowler almost had his whole family in the side!

bugden? lol yeah got his son and daughter playing in that side

Our Two's played on the ground beside where Lalor had a girl playing/bowling for them. 2 Eltham players refused (tongue in cheek) to bowl because they watched the girl bowl on the other ground at thought "fk this, I am not bowling with her on, she bowls quicker than me". Good on both her for having a crack, and the club for giving her a go!

Our Two's played on the ground beside where Lalor had a girl playing/bowling for them. 2 Eltham players refused (tongue in cheek) to bowl because they watched the girl bowl on the other ground at thought "fk this, I am not bowling with her on, she bowls quicker than me". Good on both her for having a crack, and the club for giving her a go!
Was this 3 weekends ago? I would've been playing against her, in fact, I was central umpire. Also, I agree with "Good on both her for having a crack, and the club for giving her a go" I never hear anything good about Lalor, it'd be easy to let her be a witches hat and fill in. Actually, compared to Thommo, it's awesome. I'm 30, a bloke and I rarely get given chance to bowl! :( . No, "You're an o...pen...ing...bats...men..you're not a bowler", I just want to play for fun and bowling would let me get into the game more, even if it's just a spell later in the innings. l would even choose to play 5ths, where anyone who wants a shot at anything, gets a go, but no, "You're too good a batsmen to play 5ths". Geez, I can hold a bat but that's it, gives me the poos.

What team are you looking at, i think u have us confused with our F grade team, who are kicking arse as well!!!

Glad to see a club getting carried away with success in E & F grades.
Pity your 1's & 2's havent fired a shot this year... would think that would be the main focus of a club...?

Glad to see a club getting carried away with success in E & F grades.
Pity your 1's & 2's havent fired a shot this year... would think that would be the main focus of a club...?

last time i checked this was a c grade a below forum , if player who plays in the lower comps or in any comp wants to spruik on how well his team is going then so be it he is the one that has to back it up (like the strangler) . so i take it you cant come on here if your 1st and 2nds are struggling .

last time i checked this was a c grade a below forum , if player who plays in the lower comps or in any comp wants to spruik on how well his team is going then so be it he is the one that has to back it up (like the strangler) . so i take it you cant come on here if your 1st and 2nds are struggling .

MK - no not at all. happy to hear the thoughts of guys in the lower grades. just thought it funny that he was getting so pumped up about their bottom two grades doing so well, while their top teams just get pumped...

MK - no not at all. happy to hear the thoughts of guys in the lower grades. just thought it funny that he was getting so pumped up about their bottom two grades doing so well, while their top teams just get pumped...

That point may have some currency if he were on the Barclay Shield thread.

But given the title of this thread I would suggest the kid has every right to pump himself and his team mates up.

Back