DVCA - C grade and below

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

Bundoora;320952 said:
Sorry to dissapoint but D.V.C.A. house actually operate out of our rooms and the meeting is tonight.
In all seriousness, they have a a big decision to make, dropping a couple of lower grades & the Vets must be on there agenda, and don't forget the kids play on the same grounds every week, how will they be affected?? should be interesting.

As much as it's going to impact this season, next season will be much worse because if these grounds are deemed unfit now, i don't like the chances of geeting them back in the forseeable future:(

Surley with only 2 rounds left these games can be changed to a sunday. Useing the main grounds to help finish the season. Our ground was redone early this season and is a treat at the moment. Then you look at grounds like Thomastown United and St Franks ground they would have to be on the border of being unplayable. We need rain and shit loads of it.

The Wizz;320971 said:
Surley with only 2 rounds left these games can be changed to a sunday. Useing the main grounds to help finish the season. Our ground was redone early this season and is a treat at the moment. Then you look at grounds like Thomastown United and St Franks ground they would have to be on the border of being unplayable. We need rain and shit loads of it.

it sounds the logical decision, but to suddenly say that approx 300 players (14 grounds X 22 players) will now be playing the next 4 sundays is a big call.

Bundoora;320976 said:
it sounds the logical decision, but to suddenly say that approx 300 players (14 grounds X 22 players) will now be playing the next 4 sundays is a big call.

It will be a big call, I still think with only a few weeks to go most guys would want to play and end there season on a high rather than a low. Evan if that means playing the next few Sundays. We will just have to wait and see what happens the decision will be interesting.

The Wizz;320983 said:
It will be a big call, I still think with only a few weeks to go most guys would want to play and end there season on a high rather than a low. Evan if that means playing the next few Sundays. We will just have to wait and see what happens the decision will be interesting.
My C grade game is going ahead this week, as I assume many others are.

We're playing against Diamo now at a neutral venue (BEN FRIELEY OVAL!!!) haha how lucky

NEWCC (L);322125 said:
if we play, you better pray to god that you don't go out to me

Mate, we won't have to worry about that happening. You would hate to get out to me though.

fmr_13;322130 said:
Mate, we won't have to worry about that happening. You would hate to get out to me though.
You are a bowler though, I'm not!
Well more like a make-shift one.

See you in the one-dayer next week ;)

NEWCC (L);322858 said:
You are a bowler though, I'm not!
Well more like a make-shift one.

See you in the one-dayer next week ;)

Nah you won't, one of our blokes got stuck with the fires so I played B grade.
So you will just see 11 other DC players in the one dayer.

fmr_13;323018 said:
Nah you won't, one of our blokes got stuck with the fires so I played B grade.
So you will just see 11 other DC players in the one dayer.

Ahh ya bar steward,
was actually looking forward to demolishing yourself and Diamo's asses

bundybullz08;325738 said:
C Grade,Bundy vs Diamo at Yulong.Last Round
Top 2 teams going head to head,should be a ripper.
Bundy to get up.:)

on a sunday aswell expecting a crowd.
could it be a grand final preview?????????

The Mill Park Lower Grade Machine continues to roll with a very important match for finals confidence for the G Graders against 2nd of the ladder Bundoora.

F Grade, well they are just ridiculously good.

FieldingAllrounder;325916 said:
The Mill Park Lower Grade Machine continues to roll with a very important match for finals confidence for the G Graders against 2nd of the ladder Bundoora.

F Grade, well they are just ridiculously good.

As they should be when they are yours 3rds in F grade ;)

fmr_13;325943 said:
As they should be when they are yours 3rds in F grade ;)

Fair point Ferg :eek:

We couldnt do much about it though, we had an E Grade side last year that finished last with only one win for the year (we only had 3 sides and with one Fielding Allrounder forced to play 3rd's for the year, they were always gonna struggle). This year we have 5 sides and the DVCA didnt allow us to move up a grade or stay in E grade.

With the side we got, we should be playing D-E. realistically, MP would be happy if the opening 4 bowlers were playing Money Reserve.

FieldingAllrounder;325954 said:
Fair point Ferg :eek:

We couldnt do much about it though, we had an E Grade side last year that finished last with only one win for the year (we only had 3 sides and with one Fielding Allrounder forced to play 3rd's for the year, they were always gonna struggle). This year we have 5 sides and the DVCA didnt allow us to move up a grade or stay in E grade.

With the side we got, we should be playing D-E. realistically, MP would be happy if the opening 4 bowlers were playing Money Reserve.

Oh yeah, thats what you have to deal with when at one of the smaller clubs i suppose.

fmr_13;325956 said:
Oh yeah, thats what you have to deal with when at one of the smaller clubs i suppose.

wouldnt say we are a small club, not all clubs can have 7 and 8 senior sides like Diamo, NEW and Riverside!

Just a standard club that is in a re-building faze.

ye m8 fair point uve been put in that comp so try ya best to win the league many teams in that age group play there younger developing players anyway.

fmr_13;325956 said:

you will find that being 'smaller' in the mill park area isnt that big of an issue. most of the sides mill park field are quite competitive. you look at mill park has a suburb and you have rivergum and st francis in the same post code, therfore players playing withing severals kms of there ground.. particularly the juniors.

20/20 this Thursday Night
@ Bundoora cricket club from 6pm
Bundoora Cricket Club V Watsonia Footy Club
BBQ, RAFFLES, AUCTIONS, FACE PAINTING & OTHER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS

ALL PROCEEDS TO BUSHFIRE APPEAL

I've just comfirmed that Current Superstar Jockeys, Brad Rawiller & Steven Arnold along with former top jockey Jason Patton & Former Collingwood Champion Tony Shaw will all be playing on the night. Great effort by these people to make themselves available!!

The Cricket match will begin @ about 6pm which will be followed by an Auction & drawing of the raffle - peole will be walking around all evening selling tickets & carrying tins for donations so please break open the piggy banks & come prepared.

Thanks

Deano

Back