DVCA - C grade and below

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

100% BULL;330906 said:
Not really, both finished strongly and didnt miss by much. Unlike some clubs, Bundoora is on the way up and we have plenty of good years ahead of us. Best you get to training early this week:D

nah i have to admit you guys have really got your acts together over the last few years, credit where credit is due. good to see your lower teams in the finals, we had our 3rds 4ths and 5ths in the granny last year it was great expierence for our young blokes.

im under an injury cloud this week mate fitness test sat morning. should be right i'll just push through the pain barrier. ha

CowCorner;332136 said:
I would be looking at players in your 3rds Hoggy, wasn't Susan st the ground they played most of their games at? Maybe a wish to play there was entered.

Yeah found out tonight that that was the case.

PremiersAgain;330846 said:
we'll have to wait and see big boy. but must be bitterly disapointing with both your 1's and 2's just falling short. a year that promised so much has turned to shit hasnt it? oh well there is still c grade i suppose.
Guess the Plenty season just finished soooo much better than ours.

After all you have how many teams in the finals ?????? 1 - that's right only 1 !!!

And a team full of old blokes to boot. great future there.

We might have missed in the top 2 grades but our next 5 grades ( if you count the 16's x 2) are in and will give it a shake.
The pleasing aspect of the lower 3 senior teams is that over 50% of each team will be kids under 18. Now there's a future.

THE PREZ;332444 said:

After all you have how many teams in the finals ?????? 1 - that's right only 1 !!!

We might have missed in the top 2 grades but our next 5 grades ( if you count the 16's x 2) are in and will give it a shake.
The pleasing aspect of the lower 3 senior teams is that over 50% of each team will be kids under 18. Now there's a future.

well said!!

GO BULLS

THE PREZ;332444 said:

like i said earlier, well done to you guys for your season. You are in a very similar position to us last year where we had c, d and g grand finalists, which i think you beat us in. and like wise at the very least 50% under 18.

it would be great to see your 16's play ours in a grand final as i believe it would be a cracking game.

PremiersAgain;332542 said:
like i said earlier, well done to you guys for your season. You are in a very similar position to us last year where we had c, d and g grand finalists, which i think you beat us in.

it would be great to see your 16's play ours in a grand final as i believe it would be a cracking game.[/QUOTE]

cracking it shall be....cracking skulls by one darcy campbell!!!!!!!

THE GOO;332547 said:
PremiersAgain;332542 said:
like i said earlier, well done to you guys for your season. You are in a very similar position to us last year where we had c, d and g grand finalists, which i think you beat us in.

it would be great to see your 16's play ours in a grand final as i believe it would be a cracking game.[/QUOTE]

cracking it shall be....cracking skulls by one darcy campbell!!!!!!!
haha your putting alot of presure on the young bloke, he'll be bowling to one of the best under age batting teams ever in dvca history.

PremiersAgain;332550 said:
THE GOO;332547 said:
haha your putting alot of presure on the young bloke, he'll be bowling to one of the best under age batting teams ever in dvca history.

ever in dvca history???

they should have it won hands down then

Sorry mate, but Plenty 16's this year have a couple of good bats.

But it cannot be as good as the Diamond Creek 16's of old.
Sturgess, Taylor, Adams, Rogneda etc. when they all played together.
That was a batting line-up.

fmr_13;332683 said:

Had the pleasure (or I'd say the horror) of playing against these boys in 16(1)'s in their prime. They needed 90 odd off 10 overs to beat us outright. Did it comfortably with some amazing shots including a few scoop shots.

I thought I was gonna eventually forget that game... :eek:

fmr_13;332683 said:

Have you heard the names, Wunhym, Powell, Banthorpe, Smith (Murray), the team that beat Mont 16's by nine wickets with their pants down in 87/8 GF from memory. Wunhym went onto play a lot of ones cricket at Collingwood, Bathorpe in the two's, Powell (matt, brads brother) had talent to burn, Murray Smith the same and a couple of A grade flags as well. Every other player in the team was more than capable with the bat, most playing a lot of A & B grade at BCC.

Cricket did exist before 2000 kids...

Yeh, I'm just drawing on what I have seen.
On that game, the Mill Park game.
I played that game, what a spectacle that was for a 12 year old :)

And that Wunhym bloke, is that the same guy that is in the picture in the Bundoora clubrooms, the 436 runs in 3 hours or something like that ..

fmr_13;332721 said:

And that Wunhym bloke, is that the same guy that is in the picture in the Bundoora clubrooms, the 436 runs in 3 hours or something like that ..

in our clubrooms, in under 12's wunhym hit 240 odd in one innings.

fmr_13;332721 said:

There wasnt much that you had to do then... when someone makes a king pair that game, it just shows the ease it was for you's. Balls flying every, making an absolute mockery of us.:(

Oh I fielded a few balls, had a bit of a laugh with the team.
I played a few times with them, good experiences!

fmr_13;332683 said:

do you have dislexia or just ignorant???? i said one of the best batting teams in dvca junior history. not everything is about you and diamond creek. plus i thought you would be able to brag that you played dowling with mitch and abba this year.

PremiersAgain;333304 said:
do you have dislexia or just ignorant???? i said one of the best batting teams in dvca junior history. not everything is about you and diamond creek. plus i thought you would be able to brag that you played dowling with mitch and abba this year.

All he said was that it couldn't be as good as them. You love having a crack at everyone, I don't see why you and Craig are always against each other you speak the exact same.. :p

Back