Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are the chances that Bundoora Park will be accepted into the DVCA? I assume they wouldn't put an application in without some sort of indication of success?

Having a close look at the DVCA constitution, Bundoora Park is not eligible to become a member of the DVCA.

No doubt, the DVCA will just ignore their own rules if they want them in.

MEMBERSHIP (1) An incorporated club is eligible to become a member if it applies before any 30 April and its application is approved by a two-thirds majority at a meeting after the Executive reports that it is satisfied that the club: (a) is based in the municipalities of Nillumbik, Banyule or Whittlesea and in a geographical area with sufficient population to make it a worthwhile member;

Having a close look at the DVCA constitution, Bundoora Park is not eligible to become a member of the DVCA.

No doubt, the DVCA will just ignore their own rules if they want them in.

MEMBERSHIP (1) An incorporated club is eligible to become a member if it applies before any 30 April and its application is approved by a two-thirds majority at a meeting after the Executive reports that it is satisfied that the club: (a) is based in the municipalities of Nillumbik, Banyule or Whittlesea and in a geographical area with sufficient population to make it a worthwhile member;

Just read the whole criteria, there is no room to move, they need to change the constitution in order for them to be eligible. Wouldn't be suprised if this is on the agenda at the AGM but as per their own rules, they couldn't accept any application as it's after April 30. I'm in Darryl Kerrigan's corner with this, they must follow the constitution

I don't believe you are bound by your constitution these days as you once were (unless the rules around it have changed again). You can pretty much do what you like, provided it is legal.

Just read the whole criteria, there is no room to move, they need to change the constitution in order for them to be eligible. Wouldn't be suprised if this is on the agenda at the AGM but as per their own rules, they couldn't accept any application as it's after April 30. I'm in Darryl Kerrigan's corner with this, they must follow the constitution

Excuse my ignorance, which part has excluded them from eligibility?

Excuse my ignorance, which part has excluded them from eligibility?

Perhaps he doesn't believe that the population of Bundoora is sufficient to make it worthwhile having another club join from the area. There's already 3 in the suburb (Bundoora, Bundoora United and now Old Paradians). Considering I can count on one hand the amount of BU senior players that actually live in Bundoora, it might be a fair point.

Perhaps he doesn't believe that the population of Bundoora is sufficient to make it worthwhile having another club join from the area. There's already 3 in the suburb (Bundoora, Bundoora United and now Old Paradians). Considering I can count on one hand the amount of BU senior players that actually live in Bundoora, it might be a fair point.

They are not based in the municipalities of Nillumbik, Banyule or Whittlesea

Yeh you're right. I'd just assumed they'd be in, but nope, about 200 meters out. Anyways, as I said, you're not bound by your constitution.

I was talking about the constitution, I'm not against them joining the comp.
You raise good points about the clubs in close proximity. Granted that I'd need light traffick and a good run with the lights but within 7 minutes of Yulong i could get to: OP, UB, Mill Park, Rivergum, Bundoora Park, Cobras, PV, Greensborough and Riverside. Hard to sustain, not unlike the old days when you had 5 clubs within a couple of minutes of Greensborough shopping centre. Three of them are no longer

Back