Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warwick Todd

sigh it's not that difficult. Earlier start times, less end changes per game, teams would easily bowl 25 overs and hour, hell we usually bowl over 40 before tea now, 50 in a little over 2 hours would be doable. It's just fielding restrictions, not calculating escape velocity for a space ship. 2 out in the first 10, 1 more allowed out each subsequent block of 10. It will take clubs an extra 10 minutes to put in an inner circle on the ground.
Whats the point of flying through overs as fast as you can? How about taking your time and playing good cricket.

One thing that Toddy really hates is less end changes. It means you have to face a bowler with the wind for 5-10 overs. You can't hit down the ground with the wind at your back. But then a lucky slogger comes out when they are bowling into the wind has 10 overs to smash them. It's just not cricket.

Toddy loves cricket. The tactics, the strategy, the challenge. One-day cricket and 20/20 is just garbage. Whats the point of playing? So I can face a few overs at the end and then bowl a couple of overs at some ************** trying to hit me over mid-wicket every ball.

It seems to me that Blackhawk just want to fly through games to pick up 6 points, then win a meaningless flag in the lower grades.

_Blackhawk_

Whats the point of flying through overs as fast as you can? How about taking your time and playing good cricket.

One thing that Toddy really hates is less end changes. It means you have to face a bowler with the wind for 5-10 overs. You can't hit down the ground with the wind at your back. But then a lucky slogger comes out when they are bowling into the wind has 10 overs to smash them. It's just not cricket.

Toddy loves cricket. The tactics, the strategy, the challenge. One-day cricket and 20/20 is just garbage. Whats the point of playing? So I can face a few overs at the end and then bowl a couple of overs at some ** trying to hit me over mid-wicket every ball.

It seems to me that Blackhawk just want to fly through games to pick up 6 points, then win a meaningless flag in the lower grades.
I'd argue if we're bowling that many maidens then we are playing good cricket. So you can't hit down the ground, I dunno, develop some back foot shots? That's a pretty minor inconvenience really. The point I was making is that if we have to go to one day cricket, increasing the amount of overs from 35 to 50 gives you a better game. I'm not the greatest 20/20 fan either, but 35 overs really does feel like slash and bash cricket and you'll get exactly what you are arguing; some blokes will most certainly miss out in the shorter format.

I'm just discussing things within what's been asked; feedback on one day cricket for lower grades. I can see it coming, if not next season then soon and as I keep saying, 35 over cricket sucks. I would prefer playing all two day games, but, if they must change things, then they must increase the amount of overs in the games and not go half and half.