Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

byecentral

What’s everyone’s thoughts on 1st XI one dayers being played later in the day, being played with a pink ball and being played in full coloured kits? Adds more excitement to the idea of 40 overs a side?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on 1st XI one dayers being played later in the day, being played with a pink ball and being played in full coloured kits? Adds more excitement to the idea of 40 overs a side?
Yep why not. Clubs and Comp should always be looking to change things up a little.

_Blackhawk_

You couldn't really do that at the start of the season ,there wouldn't be enough light. I assume it's so club players can get back and watch the game, but in all seriousness, how much of the game are you going to see? I'm out at my game, finish at 5:30, pack up, have a beer with the opposition, on the road back to the club at 6, maybe 20 minutes min to get back to the club depending on where I am, so that's 6:20-30 I get back. If the match is scheduled to finish at 7 with a 2pm start, that's a lot of effort to watch 30 minutes of cricket. That's even if the 1 dayer has gone down to the last overs. You'd have to start at 3 and go to 8 to make it worthwhile, but not sure the light would be good enough at 8 for the game, especially if it goes overtime.

Savage RN

It can't hurt to try it out a couple of times with clubs that are able to facilitate such a fixture. I think the DVCA should encourage any club that's willing to do something different to try and raise funds and generate buzz. There are a few clubs in the DVCA who have new lights installed, it should be an option if they want a showcase one dayer to spill into the twilight hours, why not. BBQ, bar, even music.

Kamikazee

The only way it could work is if the lower grades started earlier, which has been tossed up. But difficult as a lot of people have saturday morning commitments

Savage RN

The only way it could work is if the lower grades started earlier, which has been tossed up. But difficult as a lot of people have saturday morning commitments
I reckon there's merit in trying it out first, as a bit of a one off and then if it's a raging success, look to make it more permanent. That way, people have enough notice and can work around the fixture with work/other commitments.

Bundoora

I'll preface this by saying that it's a much easier argument to make now that i no longer play but maybe it is time to revisit a Sunday one day match to showcase the A grade side at each club?
One weekend a year where you'd hope the A grade blokes support the other grades and vice versa?

_Blackhawk_

I'll preface this by saying that it's a much easier argument to make now that i no longer play but maybe it is time to revisit a Sunday one day match to showcase the A grade side at each club?
One weekend a year where you'd hope the A grade blokes support the other grades and vice versa?
But in reality only the single blokes turn up because everyone else has their missus breathing down their neck about being at the cricket club for two days straight.

Warwick Todd

How about just keeping things as they are.

How many people really go back and watch A grade anyway? Not many if A grade is playing away, or they have families or they are heading out Saturday night.

And as for A Graders watching the lower grades, surely you jest! Especially with the mercenaries in the DVCA these days, a lot of A Graders wouldn't even know the names of lower grade players.