Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It adds to our comp by having a new club

That isn’t a reason. In all seriousness, have a think about it? Them coming into the DVCA adds ZERO value to the comp. There are already too many cricket clubs in the DVCA with only a select few really flourishing.
We would be better off with 24 really strong clubs than 29 and more than half battling to keep their head above water

If only there was a place we could go to online, which documented the main points to take from such an important meeting with all clubs in the DVCA...

Clubs pay association fees and yet simple things like the website can never been updated with any relevant information. It's a graveyard.

That donkey on the radio is meant to be looking after I thought. The radio show has gone to shit and so has the website.... Amateur hour at its best...

Bundoora Park and Diamond Creek in to Mash Shield for season 2019-20

Interesting development. Goes against the idea that only first XI's are in Shield grades.

What happens the season after? Do they seek another club to even up the numbers? I imagine that Diamond Creek 2nd XI will beat quite a few of the sides in Mash.

Interesting development. Goes against the idea that only first XI's are in Shield grades.

What happens the season after? Do they seek another club to even up the numbers? I imagine that Diamond Creek 2nd XI will beat quite a few of the sides in Mash.

The thought is that Diamond Creek is a one year only deal, with another club to come in next season.

Doesn't this have to be formally voted on? The only info I've heard/read was that the vote was defeated, no word on a follow-up vote after it.

Also, what happens now in B Grade with only 7 sides? Surely not a bye. Mernda to stay up?

From the website

The Diamond Valley Cricket Club is pleased to announce that after Monday evenings Extraordinary General Meeting that the Bundoora Park Cricket Club has been accepted as the 29th club of the Diamond Valley Cricket Association.

Bundoora Park joins us from the North Metro Cricket Association where they were the Premiers in Quick Shield in the 2017/18 season and last year competed in the NMCA's Jika Shield (NMCA equivalent to Barclay Shield). Bundoora Park will start 2019/20 in Mash Shield along with Diamond Creek who have come up from B Grade to create an even fixture in Mash Shield.

Bundoora Park are located in Snake Gully Drive, Bundoora with fantastic facilities, whilst their 3rd and 4th XI's play out of Barling Reserve on Plenty Road, Reservoir.

The club fields 4 Senior sides, 1 Veterans side and a strong junior program.

Please welcome Bundoora Park to the Diamond Valley Cricket Association!

That may be true. This is a ridiculous decision from an admin that is a waste of time.

Does this mean that BP has NOT been accepted? Yet....?
Does this mean that BP has NOT been accepted? Yet....?

It's considered shortsighted by the clubs who are impacted negatively. If Barclay or Money were faced with an unnecessary bye, I am sure they would not happily accept it. So we bastardise the comp at the first opportunity to expand at all costs. They should have waited for another club and brought both in. Maybe we should approach someone like Rivergum, put them in Barclay, drop someone to Money, put BP in Money and drop 2 to Mash. Problem solved. No byes and the sanctity of the comp is maintained. Everyone happy.

It's considered shortsighted by the clubs who are impacted negatively. If Barclay or Money were faced with an unnecessary bye, I am sure they would not happily accept it. So we bastardise the comp at the first opportunity to expand at all costs. They should have waited for another club and brought both in. Maybe we should approach someone like Rivergum, put them in Barclay, drop someone to Money, put BP in Money and drop 2 to Mash. Problem solved. No byes and the sanctity of the comp is maintained. Everyone happy.

Alternatively, we could have kicked someone out of the comp to keep numbers even.

In September, the two bottom side in Mash Shield - Thomastown United and Whittlesea - play a match with the winner to stay and the loser to go.

Now that's an idea that Toddy could get behind.

Bundoora Park will be ok in Mash.....just - let’s not get ahead of ourselves here and as for Rivergum, they would be no certainty to win Money Shield let alone be put straight into the top grade and they know that as well otherwise they’d come across and prove everyone wrong and win Mash & Money in consecutive years which I find highly unlikely...

Back