Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He'd have a million offers but his best mate plays at BP and they have been after him for a while, that's where I will think he may end up. I've spoken to him at length about his reasons for wanting to go and he will leave us (unless he changes his mind again, fingers crossed) with our best wishes. He's been very good for us but I sit comfortable knowing that we went over and above for him so definitely a two way street. Not many blokes walk in off the street and stay for 10 years, let alone turn out to be top shelf quality!!

I thought narinder Sharma was the best player in the comp :p

sorry bit late for this rant, for all the naysayers against BU entering this comp: how dumb do you have to be against introducing new teams because it might lead to a bye?!!! So you wont add a good club because you dont like odd numbers??? jeeez!!!! And when a new club comes after that it becomes even anyway!!!
Dont u know that adding new good clubs only adds quality to the comp. I sometimes think dvca are run a bunch of half wits and ur comps not as good as u think anyway!!!!

sorry bit late for this rant, for all the naysayers against BU entering this comp: how dumb do you have to be against introducing new teams because it might lead to a bye?!!! So you wont add a good club because you dont like odd numbers??? jeeez!!!! And when a new club comes after that it becomes even anyway!!!
Dont u know that adding new good clubs only adds quality to the comp. I sometimes think dvca are run a bunch of half wits and ur comps not as good as u think anyway!!!!

Only sometimes? You nailed it in one.

Whilst this is incredibly biased it would undoubtedly be a huge loss for the bulls. Any clues on a potential replacement?
Bias aside, not sure there's any better with bat/ball and in the field

Not likely at this late stage despite talking to more players than I can ever remember.

I'm not saying anything I haven't said before but I'd be happy for us to promote from within and cop whatever results come our way. Makes no difference to me what "shield" we are in, I will always continue to support my club and enjoy it more watching young kids I've seen grow up get opportunities. They might not be ready to perform just yet but will be beneficial for the club long term IMO. Still some quality senior players at the club so good opportunity to blood them with support rather than out of absolute necessity

*Despite posting under "Bundoora", above may not reflect the thoughts of the current committee and I don't speak for them.

Not likely at this late stage despite talking to more players than I can ever remember.

I'm not saying anything I haven't said before but I'd be happy for us to promote from within and cop whatever results come our way. Makes no difference to me what "shield" we are in, I will always continue to support my club and enjoy it more watching young kids I've seen grow up get opportunities. They might not be ready to perform just yet but will be beneficial for the club long term IMO. Still some quality senior players at the club so good opportunity to blood them with support rather than out of absolute necessity

*Despite posting under "Bundoora", above may not reflect the thoughts of the current committee and I don't speak for them.
Well said !

NMCA font

Ah as my old man always says "cricketers should never run cricket clubs".

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

How many finals and flags did he lead you to?

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Since you find what I wrote incoherent I can understand why you confine your responses to movie quotes. Thinking is hard, but keep trying I'm sure you'll do better next time.

Gradings are going to be interesting this season. No doubt we'll hear a lot of whinging too.

With Diamond Creek going up from B, and Bundoora Park's 2nd, 3rds and 4ths probably coming into D, F & G it will create a bit of havoc with promotion and relegation.
I think it is time to review all gradings. There are too many teams playing in grades that they are either too good for or not up to it. DVCA should have the b@lls to put all teams on a table and start again.

DVCA exec did not vote no, CLUB delegates from the Mash Shield clubs initially voted no.

I think it is time to review all gradings. There are too many teams playing in grades that they are either too good for or not up to it. DVCA should have the b@lls to put all teams on a table and start again.

Toddy couldn't agree more. While the promotion / relegation system is good, one up one down just doesn't even up the grades enough.

The DVCA executive have the power to put teams in any grade they like.

A reshuffle would be a good thing.

Back