Dvca - Finals 2014/2015

Excuses for what Ginger? I didn't play on the weekend.

You can't tell me that the pitches are good for the comp?

wasnt having a go at u or ur team personally i just feel turf wickets arent necessarily that much better at club cricket level. i went to watch A turf in eastern cricket assoc. and top side got rolled for 73 cuz the pitch was a shocker. Maybe the standard of batting needs to improve instead of blaming the pitch every week.

Rosannas 3rd year in the comp and into a Barclay GF. Fair effort.

Also interesting to note that in both Shields it was 3rd and 4th placed teams getting the job done.

I heard the Barclay final is at eltham, is that correct? The ground is in terrible condition, it looks good from a distance but you'd be better off fielding with your sand iron in parts!

Barclay GF- bring the boundary line in 20 meters or else the only spectacle will be watching the grass grow. Good luck to both teams Diamond Sleep and Ro....zzzzzzz...ana.

wasnt having a go at u or ur team personally i just feel turf wickets arent necessarily that much better at club cricket level. i went to watch A turf in eastern cricket assoc. and top side got rolled for 73 cuz the pitch was a shocker. Maybe the standard of batting needs to improve instead of blaming the pitch every week.

No doubt the batting needs to improve mate I'll agree with you on that 100%.

I've played enough cricket on both turf and hard wicket (normal and all weather) to know that these things are not good for cricket. They are just so unnatural. I've no doubt they've contributed to the poor batting results since their inception, what hope do DVCA juniors have of learning to bat 'properly'?

Anyway, this is for another forum.

Great fighting wins by both sides in Barclay. Interesting team selection by Plenty has cost them and Creek just find a way.

Mernda I thought were always a chance, just didnt see Eltham capitulating like that. Congrats to Scotty Gibbs on a fantastic career, great cricketer and even better bloke in my opinion.

Tongs is shouting Scotches at Eltham this week but mate.............

No one in the valley is dumb enough to get into a shout with Brutal drinking his scotch and you on DVCA Grand Final day. No one.

Surely he's going to get you on the radio this week, as special guest. You've got a good head for radio.

Very bitter end to a great season for us down at the Stars! But with the almost certain signing of Epping quick Blake Dobbin we'll be right back up there next season!

anyone confirm where the finals are for the top 3 grades?

Tongs if Creek vs Rosanna is at Eltham, can you arrange for all grass to be concreted? massive chance we will see no more than 50 runs on day 1 otherwise.

That'd be Dunstan not A-turf. Nth Balwyn are the 2nd top side, and bat around one guy. Look at their stats, there openers have averaged 9 and 11 respectively this year!!

Turf wickets are still better to bat on than all weather pitches. Even at club level. That's a moot point because you won't see turf at in the DVCA. But they should go back to the old syntho wickets.

Also, plenty of people on here bagging Rosanna and Diamond Creek for their brands of cricket. But it works.

anyone confirm where the finals are for the top 3 grades?

Tongs if Creek vs Rosanna is at Eltham, can you arrange for all grass to be concreted? massive chance we will see no more than 50 runs on day 1 otherwise.

If my memory serves me correctly, I don't think they announce the Grand Final grounds until this week. It is dependant on the rankings, but who is in etc. So we should probably hear in the next 24 hours or so.

Back