Dvca - Finals 2014/2015

You mean to tell me that they didn't take your personal protest into consideration? That's unfortunate.

No protest here, a lot to take in to consideration when making the decision. As a player it's not the best surface going around, but as a spectator (aside from the horrible smell) it's a great venue to watch the game. The new area out the front of your rooms is fantastic.

Very bitter end to a great season for us down at the Stars! But with the almost certain signing of Epping quick Blake Dobbin we'll be right back up there next season!
No doubt Stars will be there or there abouts next season. But bowling isn't really the issue is it? How is the batting depth? are there young guys ready to step up?

Absolutely gutted knowing that the 2 sides fighting out next week , - well , we smashed em both during the season.
Just couldn't produce enough to get the win on the day. Full credit to both Diamond Creek and their supporters who were well behaved and kept us busy behind the bar for the 2 days. Nuff said about that...
FWIW, I hope Creek wins

Popped in to Eltham's ground on Sunday.

What's with the annoying clapping that Eltham do? What's the significance, other than "We only made 62 chancing 115" and this may distract attention from this failure.

Popped in to Eltham's ground on Sunday.

What's with the annoying clapping that Eltham do? What's the significance, other than "We only made 62 chancing 115" and this may distract attention from this failure.
Didn't Jonny Bubis introduce a clapping technique between deliveries to affect the batsmans concentration back in the day. If so, maybe the boys have continued it on.;)

Commentary box all ready to go for Saturday Tongs? If you could organise the beverages on ice about 2 hours prior, they should be perfect for the first delivery;). My co host will be playing in his own GF on Saturday, so I've recruited my old co host to help out. May need to get the great man (S.Gibbs) to pay a visit as well.

Commentary box all ready to go for Saturday Tongs? If you could organise the beverages on ice about 2 hours prior, they should be perfect for the first delivery;). My co host will be playing in his own GF on Saturday, so I've recruited my old co host to help out. May need to get the great man (S.Gibbs) to pay a visit as well.

I'll make sure it's set up as per usual. On ice? I looked after you with your own fridge and all last year. What more do you want?
Your old co-host in S.Elw........?????

Do you think you'll have to ask Gibbsy? Pretty sure he demanded for an hours air time in his contract this season.

Maybe he's still thinking of the one that got away. A great season by him, (274 runs and 57 wickets) and Eltham, but got to show up on the long weekend!!!

Bit harsh. Looks like he turned up to me. Problem is that you could make a mobile phone number out of the rest of the scorecard.

Eltham will find it almost impossible to replace his 57 wickets, had a sensational season. He'll be a big chance of winning the medal this season too.

Bit harsh. Looks like he turned up to me. Problem is that you could make a mobile phone number out of the rest of the scorecard.

Eltham will find it almost impossible to replace his 57 wickets, had a sensational season. He'll be a big chance of winning the medal this season too.
Was more talking about the team than him, he held his stick and dominated with the ball, not many mates, but that's cricket.

He will need a wheelbarrow to carry all of the trophies, both comp and club.

Cmon boys where's your previews? your teams lost and you go missing.

Could be we see the HDCA quaddie?? top 4 grades all have ex HDCA sides playing.

Interestly, last weeks previews 0/4. With that in mind, would you like to revise your tips?

Would you want your boys to go up to Money next season if they win?

Rosanna , banyule and whittlesea all great chances to win , just hope they dont.
We certainly have our backs against the wall against whittlesea but we can give it a nudge.
Promotion to Money is what its all about isn't it ? Im sure either side would be happy to compete at the next level.

I'll have a go.

BS - Creek.
MS - Banyule.
B - Macleod.
C - Monty (surely they are due).

I don't know much about the other grades except for the ones we are playing in and obviously I'm tipping us. 150 run target in the 3 top grades will be a difficult chase, batsman are going to have to stand up.

BS - Creek
MS - Mernda
B - Whittlesea
C - Mont

Few players missing and not named. No Wood (Macleod) or Wilson (Ban). Both important players, they must be injured or unavailable. Lewis named in squad of 13, will he play?

I wonder if Rosanna win if Lower Eltham will feel any more (if any) guilty about handing them 4th position on the ladder.

Would the plaque on the Barclay Shield have an * on it??

Back