Dvca Finals

Is this like where you said I make up rumours, I asked when and you said nothing? Thought so flog. Get back in your box, you're easily the worst/ most boring poster on here.

We have Grand Finals being played this week, and there will be some massive games, yet you would rather hear about what was or wasn't said to an umpire about a decision last week? Its fair to say that every single game has an umpire spoken to about decisions. Thats the game we play.

Hopefully supporters of all competing clubs across ALL grades do the right thing, and support the host clubs rather than bringing their own esky's. Scumbag behaviour.

Surprised Sagey and Rob Poyntz didn't get BS semi-finals, but six doesn't go into four, and the four selected have all been pretty good when we've had them during the year. I'm sure Nick (best umpire in the comp IMHO) and Pete will do good job.

Hopefully supporters of all competing clubs across ALL grades do the right thing, and support the host clubs rather than bringing their own esky's. Scumbag behaviour.

Surprised Sagey and Rob Poyntz didn't get BS semi-finals, but six doesn't go into four, and the four selected have all been pretty good when we've had them during the year. I'm sure Nick (best umpire in the comp IMHO) and Pete will do good job.

Great post Doyl..... Bubble Wrap!
ECC have been fortunate to have the BS Grand Final the last couple of years and there have been some disappointing displays from clubs once or twice (Clubs having marquees up and charging $50 for free beers all day). Its a real shame when clubs do that, as I know Eltham are always told that no matter where the game is, you don't take your own esky. Its about supporting the opposition clubs where possibly. In saying that, there have also been some outstanding displays from clubs too. Last year I saw a guy turn up with a 6 pack, and he was told by one of his own team mates to put it back in the car and buy them or he can't stand with them.

Would be good for all grades to support the hosting club, because I can tell you now there is so much time and effort put in across the club by the players and supporters to get these days together, the least people can do is buy a couple of beers and a hotdog. Or in CowCorners case a couple of hotdogs and a beer ;)

Great post Doyl..... Bubble Wrap!
ECC have been fortunate to have the BS Grand Final the last couple of years and there have been some disappointing displays from clubs once or twice (Clubs having marquees up and charging $50 for free beers all day). Its a real shame when clubs do that, as I know Eltham are always told that no matter where the game is, you don't take your own esky. Its about supporting the opposition clubs where possibly. In saying that, there have also been some outstanding displays from clubs too. Last year I saw a guy turn up with a 6 pack, and he was told by one of his own team mates to put it back in the car and buy them or he can't stand with them.

Would be good for all grades to support the hosting club, because I can tell you now there is so much time and effort put in across the club by the players and supporters to get these days together, the least people can do is buy a couple of beers and a hotdog. Or in CowCorners case a couple of hotdogs and a beer ;)

Don't tell me the canteen at Eltham is actually going to be open??
The last 3 times I have played there, it has been shut!

OK, name the Man of the Match in the Barclay and Money finals and whats the thoughts on there being a medal presented in each grade for the Man of the match in the Grand Finals?

OK, name the Man of the Match in the Barclay and Money finals and whats the thoughts on there being a medal presented in each grade for the Man of the match in the Grand Finals?
Man of the match would be a great thing to award....

Why players don't receive anything after the match still bamboozles me... What would 11 medals cost? $50 if that

Maxwell Medal for Barclay Shield, ??? for Money Shield - thoughts. Tool should be recognised for the magnificent work he has done over the years both as a player and administrator. Maybe look at a long serving member of the comp for Money Shield medal.

Maxwell Medal for Barclay Shield, ??? for Money Shield - thoughts. Tool should be recognised for the magnificent work he has done over the years both as a player and administrator. Maybe look at a long serving member of the comp for Money Shield medal.
What about the Norman Medal ? Then people would ask "who will be taking Dickie home tonight"

Is this like where you said I make up rumours, I asked when and you said nothing? Thought so flog. Get back in your box, you're easily the worst/ most boring poster on here.

We have Grand Finals being played this week, and there will be some massive games, yet you would rather hear about what was or wasn't said to an umpire about a decision last week? Its fair to say that every single game has an umpire spoken to about decisions. Thats the game we play.

I have no interest in what was said to an umpire, where did I say that??
Massive round of games this week, some very big favourites with a lot of pressure on them to perform, surely the Merge are home and dry in Money shield. Does anyone think that they can crack it in the big world of Barclay, or would Lower be better suited upstairs.

Great call Tony, and of all the individual awards to win BOG in a GF is the king of them all. To me Mark is one of the all time greats of the valley, I gun bat and a great bat in finals.

Congratulations to all award winners last night, even those golden oldies rewinding the clock against the young kids.
Worthy winners of comp medals in Smale and Motchsall. A great night with an excellent guest speaker. Well done DVCA.

Great call Tony, and of all the individual awards to win BOG in a GF is the king of them all. To me Mark is one of the all time greats of the valley, I gun bat and a great bat in finals.

Interesting that they had a MVP medal for the Barclay Shield Final. As far as I know it was not named after anyone.

Inaugural winner Richard Stevens from Lower Eltham.

Back